PDA

View Full Version : Fishbucket....

Fishbucket
08-14-2010, 11:59 AM
Hello All,

Fishbucket here. I've been pouring over the site, reading things of wooden beauty. I've been dreaming lately of building one of my own and this site has all the info I could want. Thanks to everyone for posting.

I'm a real California Native, I think the last one left, Most have moved back east or to Oregon. :d. Been a carpenter for over 25yrs. and in that time worked some other jobs when I wasnt pounding nails. Like, running a septic truck, Working in the Autobody field, ( had a small shop with a partner once, You already imagine what happened there) , A farm and ranch Service Mechanic, Facilities Manager, Stationary Engineer... and so on.

I love fishing, my wife knows I'm obsessed, and our son thinks it's stupid... with all the video games out there to play. With fishing comes boats, I've had my share, Mostly Aluminum <-- can I say that here?? So opreating them is a cakewalk. But, Now I'd like to build my own maybe a couple canoes to start. a small outboard racer, an nice 22 foot plywood lobster type. And when we move out of here to back east in 10 yrs.... something like this.
http://www.nexusmarine.com/images/34%27odyssey/Exteriors/at_rest1.jpg

Anyhoo, Loving the site. and figured I better intorduce myself before I started asking questions. Could'nt find a New members area. ( honestly , I didnt look to hard) So I figured I better start in the Bildge..

Bruce Hooke
08-14-2010, 12:11 PM
Hello Fishbucket,

Welcome to the forum and best of luck with your boat obsession!

FYI...posts such as yours, with extensive boat content (and no political content!), can certainly be posted in the bilge, where most topics from religion to lawn care are fair game. However, your post would also be very appropriate "up above" in Miscellaneous Boat Related.

Tom Montgomery
08-14-2010, 12:33 PM
Welcome aboard!

And Beware of The Bilge.

LeeG
08-14-2010, 12:35 PM
Move out of Petaluma, but why?

Paul Pless
08-14-2010, 12:51 PM
So I figured I better start in the Bildge..so... who are you really?

Lewisboater
08-14-2010, 01:22 PM
Nice Cruiser.

Glen Longino
08-14-2010, 01:26 PM
so... who are you really?

:D:D

Phillip Allen
08-14-2010, 01:49 PM
I spent about half this summer aboard this wooden boat...65ft/even wooden masts

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q196/phillipdallen/Labradore%20trip/Labradortrip074.jpg

Fishbucket
08-14-2010, 01:54 PM
Thanks for the Welcome Aboard fellas.

No, I'm not reinvented Sam F.... even if my name starts with the 'F' :D .. besides I dont think he would have the genus to think of Fishbucket.. ( whoops, did I say that outloud?)

I'm no means ascared of "the Bilge"... I'm no Stranger to head explosions, threats, toeing the line, hazing, and all out making grown men cry. I do have a pair of fireproof undies in the top drawer for just such occasions.

Moving out of Petaluma because I made a deal.... My Setpdaughter is back in Concord NC. and when I my son turns 18, we're splitting town. By then the Daughter will have had kids and we'll need to be close to her for her mother's sake and sanity. ;)

Plus... Ca, is really going downhill. :p

Again, thanks for the welcome... see you up on the decks.

bobbys
08-14-2010, 02:18 PM
Very nice to meet you Mr Fishbucket.

A fellow opened up a Knick Knack store here with Capt Fish head as the name of the Store.

Musta been from Cal to!LOL

paladin
08-14-2010, 04:42 PM
O.K....So how many names have you posted under before...we really need to know as some of us are trying to keep track.....

But...welcome aboard.

Fishbucket
08-14-2010, 11:06 PM
Well, on ADVrider I was Big_Joe... on KLRforum and KLR.net I'm theotherbigjoe... on Fishsniffer I'm still Fishbucket.

OH !!.. you mean here... I've only used Fishbucket.

purri
08-14-2010, 11:45 PM
FB, nice boat! looks as if she makes little wash! Why not send the missus back east and hang loose?