PDA

View Full Version : National Parks free this weekend

sdowney717
08-14-2010, 10:16 AM
http://weblogs.dailypress.com/features/shoppingblog/2010/08/national_parks_free_this_weeke.html

thinking of going to Jamestowne today

Cuyahoga Chuck
08-14-2010, 01:58 PM
What? They aren't all free??? Well ,the Cuyahoga Valley National Park, thru' which the famous "Burning River" flows, always is. Think I'll do a jog on the towpath, today, to get away from the heat.

sdowney717
08-14-2010, 03:11 PM
went to the Jamestowne Park today. Entry was free. Normally that is $10 a person.

Bruce Hooke
08-14-2010, 04:11 PM
What? They aren't all free??? Well ,the Cuyahoga Valley National Park, thru' which the famous "Burning River" flows, always is. Think I'll do a jog on the towpath, today, to get away from the heat.

Some parks are free and some are not. The ones that are always free seem to most often be the ones where there is no reasonable way to charge a fee because there are too many entry points.

Cuyahoga Chuck
08-15-2010, 08:24 PM
Some parks are free and some are not. The ones that are always free seem to most often be the ones where there is no reasonable way to charge a fee because there are too many entry points.

Just saw in yesterday's paper that the CVNP went from 8th to 7th most visited national park.
From my perpective it is a gem. It's contiguous with three large metro park reservations and the total is 33,000 acres.