PDA

View Full Version : Those nice English policemen.............?

Andrew Craig-Bennett
08-06-2010, 11:22 AM
Or maybe NOT:

http://uk.autoblog.com/2010/08/06/police-smash-oap-car-window-and-drag-him-out-for-no-seatbelt/?icid=main|uk|dl1|link4|http%3A%2F%2Fuk.autoblog.c om%2F2010%2F08%2F06%2Fpolice-smash-oap-car-window-and-drag-him-out-for-no-seatbelt%2F

TomF
08-06-2010, 11:45 AM
Shocking police behaviour, but at least a sane response from the judge and police authorities.

Got to say, though, the thing that really got me about that video ... was how truly lovely the countryside was for the first minute or so, before the goons started whacking the poor man's car. You see, the sound card's bolloxed on my computer, so I got to view the whole thing without whatever commentary underlay all that video. What I saw was a nice afternoon drive through a charming English countryside.

Canoeyawl
08-06-2010, 11:57 AM
Another example of the police working for industry (Fascism)
The police are simply minimising the monetary damages to the insurance industry resulting from injuries claims from not using seat belts. Or helmets, or PFD's...
This is certainly another good reason to criminalize any photographing or video recording of police activity.

An education campaign would be public money better spent.

Peerie Maa
08-06-2010, 12:15 PM
An education campaign would be public money better spent.
Been trying education since the '70's.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECrJaIOcCLs

Pugwash
08-06-2010, 12:19 PM
I met Jimmy Savile once.

Very creepy.

P.I. Stazzer-Newt
08-06-2010, 12:32 PM
Looks like they were not English policemen.

Failure to stop after seventeen minutes - and previous - running into an officer.....

downthecreek
08-06-2010, 12:36 PM
I met Jimmy Savile once.

Very creepy.

I bet I'm the only person infesting this forum that has had my bottom pinched by said gentleman.

Creepy indeed!

downthecreek
08-06-2010, 12:38 PM

Nope. Welsh. Not the same thing at all. :)

floatingkiwi
08-06-2010, 12:42 PM
I bet I'm the only person infesting this forum that has had my bottom pinched by said gentleman.

Creepy indeed!
You are right.You are the only one that has had YOUR bottom pinched.

Andrew Craig-Bennett
08-06-2010, 12:44 PM

Failure to stop after seventeen minutes - and previous - running into an officer.....

I was trying, tactfully, not to draw attention to their Welshness!

The frenzied nature of the beating on the window and jumping on the bonnet and kicking the windscreen in are surely not Police procedures even in Gwent? This was a display of toddlerish temper tantrums by trained men who should know far far better. I hope they are dismissed the Force without their pensions.

andrewe
08-06-2010, 12:46 PM
Wow, before I left the UK, it was possible to talk to the police with some mutual respect. Seems not an option now. It also appears that the 'perp' might have bought some of this on himself, but what an over reaction. I wonder who leaked the video? Might be a few nice guys left in the force. As the driver of a few unusual cars, I was stopped fairly often when young. Sometimes it was interest, sometimes bloody-mindedness. The one time I was charged (speedo not working) I looked at the law and defended myself. Result, the chief constable was humiliated in the Thetford court.I never had a problem with the force, I might now. They used to work for the people, no longer.
A

Oh dear, as a slow typer and cat feeder, I missed the last few posts. Ce la vie

Mrleft8
08-06-2010, 12:46 PM
Somewhere Carter has a nice photograph taken during our honeymoon trip to England, at a friend's wedding reception at the Ally Pally, of London's finest barging into the palace with automatic weapons because someone had told them that a rapist was in there......

downthecreek
08-06-2010, 12:48 PM
You are right.You are the only one that has had YOUR bottom pinched.

How can you possibly be sure? My bottom may well take off on its own when I slumber - perhaps in search of an "out of MY body" experience. It could come on regular outings to to NZ for all I know. :)

Mrleft8
08-06-2010, 12:51 PM
How can you possibly be sure? My bottom may well take off on its own when I slumber - perhaps in search of an "out of MY body" experience. It could come on regular outings to to NZ for all I know. :)

My bottom left for a quick trip to the candy store in 1980, and hasn't been seen since......

andrewe
08-06-2010, 12:55 PM
Like some good jokes, that has certain visual flights of fancy.
A

TomF
08-06-2010, 02:00 PM
... My bottom may well take off on its own when I slumber - perhaps in search of an "out of MY body" experience. It could come on regular outings to to NZ for all I know. :)This would be "Bottom's Dream?"

B_B
08-06-2010, 02:02 PM
... jumping on the bonnet and kicking the windscreen in are surely not Police procedures ...
boggled my mind also - if the fellow had decided to take off again ...