PDA

View Full Version : Video Switch

cs
08-06-2010, 07:39 AM
My daughter bought an old game system for her TV. I'm trying to find a vidoe switch that will let me do the game system in and the cable in to the single cable connector on the back of the TV.

I know excatly what I"m looking for but can't find it. It will have two in's and one out and will look just like a cable splitter but has a switch on it to switch between the two input sources. I know that they used to make them because I had one. Now I can't find one. I've checked at Best Buy and Radio Shack and all they have are more complicated (thus expensive) switches.

Any good sources?

Chad

cs
08-06-2010, 07:48 AM
Here is what I'm looking for and it appears that Best Buy has them online. They didn't have one at the store I went to.

Dynex™ - Coaxial Cable A/B Switch

Model: DX-AD112 | SKU: 9390722

http://images.bestbuy.com/BestBuy_US/images/products/9390/9390722_sb.jpg

Chad

paul oman
08-06-2010, 09:34 AM
Norm, need I suggest you look on the far left of the unit? (wink wink)

PhaseLockedLoop
08-06-2010, 10:34 AM
You might find one at an electronics surplus place, like Electronic Goldmine or All Electronics.

cs
08-10-2010, 07:56 AM
Well I finally found one. It is a 3 position switch and little more than I wanted to pay, but that is okay, the kid is happy. BTW after I bought it I found the one I wanted at Wally world for half the price of what I paid.

Chad