PDA

View Full Version : Living Will

redeye1962
08-05-2010, 08:19 PM
Last night, my kids and I were sitting in the living room and I said to them, 'I never want to live in a vegetative state, dependent on some machine and fluids from a bottle. If that ever happens, just pull the plug.'

They got up, unplugged the Computer, and threw out my wine.

They’re such a$$es ...

SMARTINSEN
08-05-2010, 09:14 PM
;) :) :)

B_B
08-05-2010, 09:26 PM
[I]They got up, unplugged the Computer, and threw out my wine.
it hurts because it's true :o :D

Pugwash
08-05-2010, 09:41 PM
it hurts because it's true :o :D

It hurts because it defiles the activities of, as you Americans like to call them, primary carers. In America, the fail to meet all fails, is someone that wants to take care of their family in their time of need.

I despise your philosophy.

Ed Harrow
08-05-2010, 09:58 PM
It hurts because it defiles the activities of, as you Americans like to call them, primary carers. In America, the fail to meet all fails, is someone that wants to take care of their family in their time of need.

?????

B_B
08-05-2010, 10:10 PM
I despise your philosophy.
I despise you quoting me and saying "you Americans": pox on you :D

b.t.w. which philosophy would that be, old boy?
the one which is willing to be self deprecating?
the one which uses humour instructively?
the one which is self aware?

I think you need to reread the OP, take a breath, and re-evaluate your post

paladin
08-06-2010, 12:35 AM
I have signed similar statements and have one on file at the hospitals that are usually in my path.

Captain Blight
08-06-2010, 12:44 AM
Certainly a smart thing to do. Mine keeps me alive under heroic measures for a year and a day from when I first go on the ventilator. After that, absent quantum leaps in medical technology, it's just whistling in the graveyard. Pull the plug and say goodbye; I'm not there anymore. I'll meet ya somewhere out in the black.