PDA

View Full Version : Are all Daddys pushovers?

cs
08-04-2010, 12:38 PM
At least when it comes to their daughters?

I was just wondering if there was a "Pushover Anomymous". Maybe some 12 step program or something.

Just wondering.

Chad

Paul Pless
08-04-2010, 12:41 PM
hehe.

So how 'bout an update on your daughter. . .
what's she up to these days?

cs
08-04-2010, 12:51 PM
Well being as this is her Senior year things are changing. She quit all star cheering, got a job and is starting to think about college.

Chad

Joe Dupere
08-04-2010, 01:02 PM
Well, from my perspective (oldest daughter is 32, youngest is 26), they never stop needing a shoulder to cry on, and they never stop needing hugs. Everything else they need is more expensive!! :d:d

Joe, FFPoP

TomF
08-04-2010, 01:17 PM
Of course we're pushovers for our daughters ... mine's entering 2nd year, and knows that she's got a firm hold on my heartstrings. Of course, it's not only our daughters ...

paladin
08-04-2010, 02:17 PM
I wanna sell mine...been checking out openings for redheads in Saudi again....get her far away and hopefully a good price before the poor slob finds out.

Bobby of Tulsa
08-04-2010, 06:55 PM
I think you have that backwards. I have two, one thirty eight and one thirty four. All I have to do is just mention some thing I want or need. Spoiled? not me. :):)

paul oman
08-04-2010, 07:11 PM
No kids but as an outsider, I would say yes. Humans are a very strange breed. I have observed that most people don't act rationally when it comes to their kids.Logic out the door.

Heck, I'm a pushover with my dogs, cats, and chickens. I have my doggy voice for the dogs, a different one for the cats and a different one still for the chickens. Sort of like baby talk for my fur/feather covered friends.

Andrew Craig-Bennett
08-06-2010, 12:31 PM
No daughters, only sons (moderate pushover - they can have boats bikes and model aircraft but I am old school on homework and un-keen on electronic gizmos).

However I have long thought that the real dividing line in human societies is between those were a father pays another man to take his daughter away, and those where a man buys someone else's daughter to be his wife.

Kaa
08-06-2010, 12:35 PM
At least when it comes to their daughters?

I was just wondering if there was a "Pushover Anomymous". Maybe some 12 step program or something.

This kind of problem tends to naturally disappear (well, rather morph into a different one :D) once your daughter starts seriously dating.

Kaa

pipefitter
08-06-2010, 12:45 PM
I never really understood how those bratty daughters could render their fathers so weak until I got to know my girlfriend's daughter. I have the hardest time telling that kid "no". I have come to realize that the good lord gave me sons for a reason because I would be a total sap otherwise. Of course it helps that she is a great kid. Just can't look at their face and perhaps plug one's ears and go 'lalalallalalalalalalala' if you have any hope of standing your ground.

"“Watching your daughter being collected by her date feels like handing over a million dollar Stradivarius to a gorilla.” Jim Bishop

redeye1962
08-06-2010, 12:53 PM
Don't forget Daughters cost more to raise than sons............not a sexist statement only a true one....well it was a few years ago.

TomF
08-06-2010, 01:57 PM
Don't forget Daughters cost more to raise than sons............not a sexist statement only a true one....well it was a few years ago.I don't doubt it in general, but my daughter's been an extraordinarily inexpensive outlier. Lest you congratulate me, my 2 sons are also outliers ... other direction.

cs
08-06-2010, 02:22 PM
"“Watching your daughter being collected by her date feels like handing over a million dollar Stradivarius to a gorilla.” Jim Bishop

That about sums it up.

Chad

redeye1962
08-06-2010, 02:34 PM
I don't doubt it in general, but my daughter's been an extraordinarily inexpensive outlier. Lest you congratulate me, my 2 sons are also outliers ... other direction.

They could be metrosexuals..........I think that is the word. highend males with expensive tastes, I have a nephew like that. OMG I think my son is turning out like that.:O

TomF
08-06-2010, 02:53 PM
I dunno - I've always thought "metrosexuals'" expenses were for things like high priced clothes and haircuts. And they do each want the occasional splashy bit of clothing - if they want it enough they buy it, 'cause I won't. :D

My boys' expenses are far more for rowing (and the associated regattas), all the costs involved in getting one of the certified as a lifeguard with First Responder level first aid, gymnastics, karate, and musical instruments/lessons. My daughter rowed for a couple of years, but now does rock-climbing and paddling at her own expense. :-)