PDA

View Full Version : boatpix.com?

Ian McColgin
08-02-2010, 04:42 PM
Their helo flew over and circled as we were sailing back from the Vineyard yesterday and perhaps they got shots.

BUT

Their order page give nary a hint of the price and they demand that they pre-approve by credit card. I only use debit cards and don't know if their process means they will take out the money for all the pix and then (maybe) return some for pix not selected or what

AND MORE BUT

Their 'contact us' button on the web site didn't function for me so I could not ask them the obvious questions

AND STILL MORE BUT

Their sites faq button did not lead to any answers from them but rather to their shedule them for your event page.

So, anyone know anything about these charactors?

Why don't we just pool some bucks to get Emily in a plane?

Or get really clever and figure out how to do that close arial photography by camera suspended from a kite aiming down the string?

B_B
08-02-2010, 05:28 PM
Postal Mail: BOATPIX, Inc.
100 Bilbao Street
West Palm Beach
Florida, 33411
Customer Service: 561.798.9850
Facisimile: 561.798.2404
Web Site: www.boatpix.com
Electronic Mail: sales@boatpix.com

B_B
08-02-2010, 05:34 PM
How much do pictures cost ?..... Our least expensive picture is a huge 16”x20” color picture, about the size of a 25” TV for $250 or three for $500. These are SUPER high quality portraits that are more like art work. We remove stains, barnacles, blemishes and fenders from your boat and make it look like new. For slightly more, you can also buy the digital files which are suitable for publication in any magazine on the planet.

How much more are the digital files? ... $500 for one file. $750 for two files and $1000 for all the files. If you don’t need the files, just buy a picture. If you want to make a brochure, shirts, advertisements, sell the boat or lots of pictures you’ll need the digital files. If you buy the files we’ll make you pictures at 90% off our retail so you can take advantage or our color knowledge.

If they did get a picture of you, and if you get one, be sure to post it here! I'm sure she looked a treat.

paladin
08-02-2010, 06:22 PM
a sdmall 4 rotor model "helicopter" will support a small camera and a video transmitter....aim the thing while looking at the laptop and shoot only what you want to see.....3-4 K investment.