PDA

View Full Version : A short compilation

Captain Blight
08-01-2010, 05:23 PM
Of How Often Limbaugh Gets it Wrong (http://www.fair.org/index.php?page=1895).

Discuss.

SMARTINSEN
08-01-2010, 05:26 PM
The article is 17 years old.

Captain Blight
08-01-2010, 05:29 PM
And we can assume from that the man hasn't made a factual error since then? I said it was a short compilation, not a comprehensive one.

Keep looking through the site, there's plenty there that's recent.

BrianW
08-01-2010, 09:07 PM
Keep looking through the site, there's plenty there that's recent.

A critically important use of ones time.

Unless of course, one has a life.

seanz
08-01-2010, 09:14 PM

Well, of course one has a life. One chooses to spend time posting on the WBF as the commoners need one's wisdom.

Now, even though the article is nearly old enough to vote, are the mistakes any less wrong than they were 17 years ago?

One must now taketh one's leave as one has been summonsed to the potting-shed for great and important works.

Carry on.

:)

skipper68
08-01-2010, 09:25 PM
Some people spend a lot of time surfing the forum,saying that some people spend a lot of time surfing the forum....:confused:

David G
08-01-2010, 11:44 PM
Some people spend a lot of time surfing the forum,saying that some people spend a lot of time surfing the forum....:confused:

I think this rates a nomination for the Best Bilge Quotes Ever group.

David G
08-01-2010, 11:53 PM

Brian,

You're no dummy. Quit acting as an apologist for that scumbag.

Limbaugh is a towering bag of mucilaginous shyte - venting foul and noxious gases. I think the quote about him being in the business of disinfotainment is dead on.

With his very successful positioning of himself as a shameless and cynical shill for the greediest, least responsible side of American business, he does a disservice to his listeners, and in fact all citizens. He gives conservatives - and those of us who sometimes lean that way - a bad name.

ChaseKenyon
08-02-2010, 02:03 AM
:arg:arg:argWho the h@ll is Rush Limburger?
:mad::arg:arg

David G
08-02-2010, 08:57 PM
Well... I don't see anyone else standing up for Rush.

I wonder...

Clearly he has an audience. He's made a ton of money. Does that alone give him some credibility for some of you?

What role does he, and his ilk, serve in American public discourse? Does he serve ANY useful purpose? If he does, I'm missing it.

Do you think he's a voice for the people, or the symptom of a social ill? You know what I think.

I'm just wondering if there's anyone out there that has anything good to say about him. And, if not, why is he so popular?

skipper68
08-02-2010, 09:10 PM
Well,he's good at saying that anyone who is a drug addict should be put in jail for life. Even though he's a millionaire drug addict,and that made "him a case for rehab", instead.So,he's good at being a white rich drug addict millionaire.

perldog007
08-02-2010, 09:40 PM
:arg:arg:argWho the h@ll is Rush Limburger?
:mad::arg:arg ++

I pass for right wing in this goathump 'round here, can't say I have much use for the bombaster.. Used to work for a carpenter who had to listen to rush on his boom box. Poor sap could never figure out why all the gay people we did work for seemed to get hostile with him.... Some folks need to buy clues, others will never even know they have a need....