PDA

View Full Version : kendal or nook or other ereaders best?

seafox
07-31-2010, 12:03 PM
Hi
what do you think of e book readers ? what is the best do you think they'll drop more in price soon? thankyou for your thoughts
jeff

ron ll
07-31-2010, 02:01 PM
I use the Kindle software on my iPhone and I love it. Mainly because it always with me in my pocket. To me carrying a Kindle or Nook seems inconvenient, unless of course you carry a purse. And as to the iPhone being too small, it really isn't for several reasons. However I seem to have trouble convincing people of that regardless of how logical the arguments are. First of all, the words are the same size. Worst case is that you turn pages more often, but that is such a tiny automatic gesture that you really don't notice it. Also with my iphone4, there are very nearly the same number of pixels as on the iPad, so resolution is phenomenal. And personally, I prefer having a backlit device so I can read anywhere. The tradeoff is that it is not quite as good in bright sunlight, but almost.

But bottom line, my current book and in fact the entire bookstore is ALWAYS in my pocket.

seafox
07-31-2010, 04:03 PM
the 139 doller kindal comes out aug 27th. so maybe I will get it . what are wifi hot sports? do you get the E books with a credit card? can you usually find the books you want in E form? thankyou

Uncle Duke
07-31-2010, 05:01 PM
what are wifi hot sports"WIFI" hot spots (note: nothing to do with "sports", which are healthy) are places where people of certain persuasions congregate, where the passing of messages is allowed in plain sight. Mostly those people are leftist progressives, some more radical than others. You will find these "hot spots" in hippie/yuppie places like Starbucks (nationwide) - from those places they can invisibly communicate with others of similar thoughts in similar places.
I won't print here what "WIFI" actually stands for - you can figure that out for yourself. Rest assured, you don't want to be involved with that stuff.

Captain Intrepid
07-31-2010, 05:21 PM
My sis has a Sony Reader, and she seems quite pleased with it.

I don't think I'd ever get a dedicated ebook reader, I'm too attached to the printed word, but I'd probably use an iPad for reading ebooks when I inevitably get one in a revision or two. A lot more expensive, and only battery life for a couple days of use, but much much more versatile.

BETTY-B
07-31-2010, 06:21 PM
I like the idea of always having the current book in your pocket. I do a lot of running around town and get real bored of just driving....

ron ll
07-31-2010, 07:37 PM
Dan I would never read my book while driving. I'm too busy texting.

Paul Pless
07-31-2010, 07:51 PM
You will find these "hot spots" in hippie/yuppie places like. . .since when has mcdonalds been a yuppie place???