PDA

View Full Version : Time to shoot the cat.

stoneyreef
07-30-2010, 12:03 AM
Dang Cat! I hate cats! Daughter is allergic to them but she loves that damn cat so much that she has reduced herself to taking claritin every day to keep her cat.

Cat is 4 yrs old. Last week I thought it had a cold. Plenty of sneezing, figured well, let it run its course. It has gotten progressively worse, now the critter has a slight temperature a bit of a reduced appetite etc etc.

So it is off to the feed store tomorrow to get a small bottle of penicillin G sodium aqueous solution.

1/2ml per day for the next 5 days sub Q should cure the creature of all its ills.

Anyhow, I think I will teach the 12 year old daughter how to give the first injection and she has to give the last four.

If I remember right, 16 gauge needle to draw and 24 gauge needle to deliver for cats.

Ah the joys of growing up on a farm! No damn expensive vet bills. Too easy to order the vaccines and just DIY!

JayInOz
07-30-2010, 12:07 AM
It's a shame you don't live closer mate. I have a python that can take care of any cat problem you got:) JayInOz

James McMullen
07-30-2010, 12:59 AM
My cat is worth taking troubles for. She liked what we had for dinner.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs106.ash2/38637_141185045911285_100000593719624_288688_91523 1_n.jpg

G. Schollmeier
07-30-2010, 01:11 AM
Just like a cat James you play with your food. ;-)

James McMullen
07-30-2010, 01:19 AM
Just waiting for the water to boil. . . . . . . . . . . .before I murder and dismember them and then rip the very flesh from inside their "bones" and devour them utterly. Yum! :d

The Bigfella
07-30-2010, 07:03 AM
Hmmm.. or, should I say yummm....

Yep - I ate the cat. I didn't shoot it, but I sure as hell ate it.... in Sa Pa, about two weeks ago. I was going to try the rat too - but we didn't get back to that restaurant again.

btw - cat tastes OK

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff112/igatenby/Vietnam%20and%20Cambodia/IMG_2826.jpg

The taste sensation of the trip though.... baby egg. Yep a cooked (soft boiled) egg with a baby duck in it. A must try if you get the chance.

paladin
07-30-2010, 01:40 PM
YUCK! BALUT! Horrible critters.....usually salted before cooking.....half hatched, then packed in salt to "pickle"......

Michael D. Storey
07-30-2010, 02:49 PM
Time to shoot the cat? Like there's a bad time to shoot the cat?

Kevin G
07-30-2010, 03:09 PM
I'd love to see that cat with a like group of Blue Crabs.

Keving

Y Bar Ranch
07-30-2010, 03:21 PM
This thread reminds me of a quote from the "#$% My Dad Says" guy

On Accidentally Eating Dog Treats “Snausages? I’ve been eating dog treats? Why the f@ck would you put them on the counter where the rest of the food is? F@ck it, they’re delicious. I will not be shamed by this.

James McMullen
07-30-2010, 04:11 PM
Our Dungeness crabs are fairly polite, even somewhat aloof. They'll pinch the f____ out of you, sure, if you try and pick 'em up the wrong way, but they're not all inferiority complex and hair-trigger temper like them Southern blue crabs or sneaky, just waiting for a chance to sever a finger like a pair of bolt-cutters, like them damn Yankee lobstahs.

I eats 'em whenever I can. . . .cause lord knows I take enough chances that someday they might well be eating me.

Chip-skiff
07-30-2010, 11:54 PM
If yez shoot 'im, yez gots ter eat 'im.

Rule of the Jungle.

ron ll
07-31-2010, 03:23 PM
Yup, the dungies are back this year in force. The last two or three years they have been kind of scarce. The young folk where all whining cause we killed too many and would never see there likes again. The old geezers just grinned and said they'll be back. And they are. There are so many this year they are almost like zucchini; if you leave the window down in your car you might find that someone has given you some.

Also the crab we are catching are old and big with barnacles. So it's like they just happened to live somewhere else for a few years.

brad9798
07-31-2010, 07:58 PM
Folks that like dogs but hate cats (not that anyone on this thread is like that, mind you) are absolute loons.

Animals are animals! :rolleyes:

Stan D
07-31-2010, 09:42 PM
That pic that James posted reminds me of a couple of things, First, was when a crab got my mutt by the nose. He followed me down the dock when I went to empty the traps. I dumped a small one on the dock, and before he could make it over the side, ol' Max stuck his nose too close. He only did that once!

The second thing was the last time we cooked crabs IN the house. Put the pot o'crabs on the stove and poured the Old Bay juice over 'em and put the lid on. Looked around, and the brick(for the lid) was out of reach. The wife left the pot to get the brick, and the crab on top flipped the lid off and proceeded over the edge in a manner as if to say "It's a jail break! Follow me!". And 5 or 6 did exactly that. The wife scooped up our oldest(3 at the time), and said "Oh Stan. There's something in the kitchen that needs YOUR attention. And I think one is even behind the stove".

brad9798
07-31-2010, 09:48 PM
:) funny story, Stan D!!!!

skipper68
07-31-2010, 11:53 PM
Geeze..cats and crabs...true story,the kids had their..hermit crabs,they are fun..you put one piece of cereal&they'll cut off the others claw,or(if it"s a black olive)surround it for their very own DAMIT! SOO; I'd have crab races,to see which one would run off the table,and crash on the kitchen floor,for the olive-all in fun..making bets..THEN..my sis decided to move to AZ to be with mom..asked me to take the kids orange cat,with crumpled,not cat ears..ok..she said his name was tard,long orange hair..walked into walls,doors,couldn't jump onto a chair,but nice guy.Heres where the weekend got interesting..friday morning,crab races with breakfast with the kids,then to school. I gave the winner the olive,it grabbed my fingernail,AND WOULDN"T LET GO! I had to go to work with a crab on my finger.Saturday,I took tard, the orange cat to the vet,as he SMELLED because when he tried to groom himself,he"d fall over. The vet said(120$) he had no balance from earmites. OK,but no repairs to the ears at this point.I asked about his stink-vet said come back in a hour. That wasn't going to cost more,so i came back a hour later-THE CAT WAS SHAVED! Naked cats look WEIRD-R when they have no ears. Monday comes at work,doing the coffee break,everyone knew about my fingernail crab from friday.. and they all razzd me about itch(their names were itch&scratch :) ) and asked how my weekend was. I answerd"well,I fed my crabs,and shaved my pussy" When in the world would I have a chance to say that again?? hee hee! this is a true story!

Stan D
08-01-2010, 10:12 PM
Beats my story.