PDA

View Full Version : Democrat tractor

seafox
07-23-2010, 10:38 PM
at the recycling yard where I work we have an old volvo L70C articulated front end loader. the problem with it is it keeps turning to the left especally if the ground sloped that way. some time you can sit and spinn the wheel as fast and hard to the right and it barely keeps it going straight. strangley stamping on the brake sometimes help to get it going straight or even in the right direction. other times I have gone a quarter mile out of the way to get down to a flat place and finallyu get it heading back the right way.
other times I have simply given up let it turn left and go up a hill and then back the rest of the way to my destination.

have you any sugestions? and speaking of politics can the republicans do anything else besides stamping on the democrats as hard as possable to help get the country to go straight insteed of left? ( grin)
thankyou jeff

Garret
07-23-2010, 10:54 PM
at the recycling yard where I work we have an old volvo L70C articulated front end loader. the problem with it is it keeps turning to the left especally if the ground sloped that way. some time you can sit and spinn the wheel as fast and hard to the right and it barely keeps it going straight. strangley stamping on the brake sometimes help to get it going straight or even in the right direction. other times I have gone a quarter mile out of the way to get down to a flat place and finallyu get it heading back the right way.
other times I have simply given up let it turn left and go up a hill and then back the rest of the way to my destination.

have you any sugestions? and speaking of politics can the republicans do anything else besides stamping on the democrats as hard as possable to help get the country to go straight insteed of left? ( grin)
thankyou jeff

Part 1 (the lefty tractor) - sticking brakes on the left side or possibly bad planetaries - the right side working & left not (just like some view the world;-). Also possibly way off tire pressure - but you'd see that. Another thing might be something in the steering system. Some loaders have pretty odd hydraulics under there.

Part 2 The country veers from left to right every 4 or 8 years - kinda like a lousy helmsman. However, viewed from afar, the average course is fairly straight. Though I must say this administration has needed to make a hard left just to aim us back to somewhere close to the center & hasn't turned the wheel hard enough....;)

Kaa
07-23-2010, 11:26 PM
It's in training to race at NASCAR!!

Kaa

seanz
07-24-2010, 02:01 AM
You still haven't fixed that loader? You complained about it last year.....and the year before that.

Zane Lewis
07-24-2010, 03:15 AM
Damage to seals in the steering ram?
you spin the wheel and the oil is going past the seals in the steering ram. This is the cheap fault.
Damage to the orbitrol steering unit the steering wheerl is mounted one. Don't touch this as often
these are not something to be opened up buy the uninstructed. Even then I have seen experianced people
cock them up. On powering back up they will run away and will break something, with luck not the operators arm.
Zane

huisjen
07-24-2010, 04:45 AM
Sounds like Republicans can't recognize or address the roots of the problem, so they blame Democrats instead.

It kind of reminds me of my manure spreader. At times I've been tempted to paint "Republican Bandwagon" on it. Other times I think I shouldn't be so confrontational and I should paint "Political Bandwagon" on it. After further consideration, I realize that the only appropriate option would be to paint "Democratic Bandwagon" on it's side. See, it's a New Idea manure spreader, and the Republicans haven't had a new idea in a very long time.

Dan

skuthorp
07-24-2010, 05:18 AM
I had the use of a car like that once, needed two or three bites to get it to turn right and written notice to use the brakes. Failsafe was the nearest ditch. It was in the country but even so I only used it when I had to.

SMARTINSEN
07-24-2010, 07:54 AM
have you any sugestions?

Sure.

Let all of the air out of the wheel on the right, and the machine will steer a straight path. (grin)

James McMullen
07-24-2010, 08:26 AM
I see you've already ruled out working with the opposition within the framework of a democracy to find a practical compromise that satisfies the greatest number of people.
Good job!
Something like that would never work.

paul oman
07-24-2010, 09:38 AM
lots of democratic carts at my local Walmart - always pulling to the left!

Joe Dupere
07-24-2010, 01:33 PM
Put it in reverse, then it will always turn to the right, and will be going backwards, just like the GOP. :D

Joe, FFPoP

Cuyahoga Chuck
07-24-2010, 06:15 PM
"DEMOCRAT" is a noun. The adjectival form is "DEMOCRATIC". My 6th grade nun would wallop you all the way to breakfast.

seafox
07-29-2010, 10:12 PM
actua;;y the mechanic worked on it and now its a republican middle of the road tractor mostly

Zane did get part of the answer the seals of the steering rams where totaly shreaded. which also means that their is bits floating around. it actually does turn to the right now, but only about half way to the left. it turns pretty ok most of the time but will some time try very hard to turn left. but able to usually hold aginst the wheel ( for husjen anad chuck I will admit that the other day in a narrow place it cranked over to the right and I couldn't turn it back to the left )

funny I didn't think the volvo was used at all last year or that I complained about it sorry . the problem a couple years ago wasn't ( at least to my some what faulty memory ) any where as bad as it was this spring.

Mr McMullen, their was reply to the state of the state a few years ago that talked about needing both elephants and donkeys to pull the wagon and all I could think of was the elephant pulling in the right direction and the donkey at the other end of the wagon pulling the wrong way. I also thought how the democrat spokesman said their was to much republican and that their needed to be some democrats and Ive thought about going to my bishop mand say you got to many good people in the celestial kingdom and in the temple and that he should give me my temple recimend for ballance.

just a weird side note , would you beleive I am in fact a registered democrat?

the mechanics we talked to sugested that in the metering valve either some small parts may be out of place or parts of the worn out seals might be cloging pilot valves?

thankyou for your replys
jeff

RonW
07-29-2010, 10:17 PM
the tractor can be fixed...

the democrats can't..

Canoeyawl
07-29-2010, 11:16 PM
Can't be fixed if it's not broken...

seanz
07-30-2010, 01:52 AM
actua;;y the mechanic worked on it and now its a republican middle of the road tractor mostly

funny I didn't think the volvo was used at all last year or that I complained about it sorry . the problem a couple years ago wasn't ( at least to my some what faulty memory ) any where as bad as it was this spring.

thankyou for your replys
jeff

Then it belongs in a museum.

;):d

I'm sure you've mentioned this loader before, I had a look and couldn't find anything, maybe you mentioned it on someone elses thread, maybe I'm wrong, maybe it's deja vu all over again.......

seafox
07-31-2010, 03:56 PM
well I don't think a museum would want it. one advantage since some kids broke out all the windows a couple years back is you don't have the problem of sunlight on dirty windows obscuring the vision. on the other hand the no windos are just terrible keeping out blowing dust and rain. but if the machine was worth more likely they would not let me drive it

also intresting was the concrete crusher thread came to the for here . they rented one machine last fall and it worked by having a large drum with breaker bars spin and impact the chunks of concrete. then this spring rented a largert machine with chushing jaws that produces less dust and more chunks that is what we wanted
the bad part is that each minute the machine is on costs 2 dollers and 50 cents (150 dollers an hour) funny my co worker Jesus could run it fine all day and soon as the boss shows up the machine jams. the very funny ha ha is I even said as much to him and joked that he stresses out even machinery.... then I found out he had instructed Jesus to put in bigger pieces that he wanted to and that was when the machine jamed so it really was the bosses fault

ps just to give an extra laugh my job is working around the output end of the machine and pulling out impurities like garbage wood and steel ( am impossibility job as at full production the machine is putting out three yards of gravel a minute) and I after getting much battered shins bought soccer shin guards and the first day I thought "what a waste didn't get hit once" then I went to take the guards off and found they had been scatched pieces must have been 30 or 40 seperate hits that I had never felt its just to bad I havn't got shin guards for my hands (super grin)

seanz
07-31-2010, 10:05 PM
New rebar is bad enough....used rebar is eeeeeevil.
;):)