PDA

View Full Version : Burning River 100 Mile Trail Run

Cuyahoga Chuck
07-22-2010, 07:11 PM
Northeastern Ohio will be the site of the USTF's Trail Run Championship for 2010. The valleys of the Chagrin and Cuyahoga Rivers along with a section of Tinkers Creek (ain't that a sweet name?) that connects the two. The feature attraction of the 100 miler is the Cuyahoga River National Park which will provide long stretches of unimproved pathways thru' stands of hardwoods and shortgrass meadows as well as sections of towpath along the Ohio-Erie Canal Corridor. The event takes place on July 31 and entrants have 30 hours in which to earn a finisher's beltbuckle. Those running for the championship are competeing for a $10,000 prize.
Any ultramarathoners here?

Uncle Duke
07-22-2010, 07:15 PM
I've done 3 marathons since the day before my 50th birthday - I sure ain't doing this!!!

Just reading the other day about a local ultra-marathoner - his resting heartbeat is 39.

Jebus - just kill me now! How do you compete with that? ;);)

Cuyahoga Chuck
07-22-2010, 07:28 PM
I've done 3 marathons since the day before my 50th birthday - I sure ain't doing this!!!

Just reading the other day about a local ultra-marathoner - his resting heartbeat is 39.

Jebus - just kill me now! How do you compete with that? ;);)

When I was 50 I had completed three marathons and my resting heart-rate on a cardiogram machine was 48. The nurse acted like that number was no big deal but she ran off another strip chart just to be sure.
If you live in the hilly part of Virginia you should be a fairly good runner.