PDA

View Full Version : Steele setting Repubs up for another fiasco?

Nicholas Scheuer
07-06-2010, 06:05 AM
As we swing into the buildup for the November campaigns, Repubs are after Party Chairman Steele's hide for saying "Afghanistan is Obama's war of choice."

Combined with the Tea Parties shrill howing about taxes and Palin's (helping out for the money) dropping her "g's" on the stump for Christian women, this is really going to be entertaining.

One thing we can count on will be DONN ever ready to correct out spelling, if not our thinking.

Moby Nick

Ian McColgin
07-06-2010, 06:41 AM
Steele is an example of Republican Affirmative Action in all its stereotypical paradox.

elf
07-06-2010, 06:43 AM
I bet Steele thinks he's playing whitey for a song.

Ian McColgin
07-06-2010, 06:51 AM
Steele seems a bit of a clown from outside but I think he's sincere in a conflicted way, not a street artist playing anyone. It is easier to see and understand the perhaps similar conflicts of Clarance Thomas since he wrote an autohagiography that's such a cri d'coeur built of factoids and misrepresentations but for all that most poignant.

James McMullen
07-06-2010, 08:54 AM
With the amount of damage he's done, I could almost suspect he's a Democratic mole in extra-deep cover if I were the conspiracy theorist type. He really does have a penchant for jumping into hot water. I think he actually believes what he says when he says it, though.

Y Bar Ranch
07-06-2010, 08:59 AM
That was a dumb thing to say. Politics uber alles.

Osborne Russell
07-06-2010, 09:04 AM
With the amount of damage he's done, I could almost suspect he's a Democratic mole in extra-deep cover if I were the conspiracy theorist type. He really does have a penchant for jumping into hot water. I think he actually believes what he says when he says it, though.

Naw, it's just the Reds doing cognitive dissonance calisthenics.