PDA

View Full Version : Computer Help Needed.... Black Screen & Automatic Shutdown of Computer....

Spin_Drift
07-03-2010, 10:13 AM
My computer has something wrong with it, maybe a bug of some kind as it gets a black screen and shuts off by itself all the time.......especially when I run full/thorough virus scan.....

How do I get this taken care of? I think the antivirus program on it is Norton, as Cass has it on her new computer and it was usable on two computers.

I have some interesting photos to post On ORCA thread, but I can't post them from this iPhone.:(

Peerie Maa
07-03-2010, 10:39 AM
You could try restoring it to a time before it started playing up. Look in Programmes - Accessories - system tools -system restore, and follow the instructions.

nautiguy
07-03-2010, 10:51 AM
If it's a laptop, check the power options. The options may set for a very short period of no activity before the computer goes into screen saver mode and then shut down or hibernate.

Norm

Lewisboater
07-03-2010, 11:02 AM
Download AVG free too and run it. You might also be having heat issues, memory issues (IE chip going bad), hard drive problems or video card problems... not an easy thing to diagnose without some trial and error. Run a defrag on the system...If it is hdd or heat issues this should kick it in the same as the AntiVirus program...lots of hard activity for a long time. If it makes it through a Defrag then it is probably software related...then anything goes. Run as many antivirus and malware programs as you can to try and de-flea it.

skipper68
07-03-2010, 12:14 PM
that da#m norton is nothing but trouble,and almost impossible to remove-it hides everywhere..it firewalled my connection!!you must remove it before applying another antivirus. i feel your pain!go to programs and sign on as adminastrater,then go to event log,it will show you what the errors are.the system restore is a excellent idea too.