Mrleft8
06-18-2010, 05:27 PM
Got lucky finally young feller? :D ;)

WX
06-18-2010, 05:28 PM
Does it work though? :)

Captain Blight
06-18-2010, 05:32 PM
Well, I guess some guys need help, and a boat is almost as good as a puppy....

Michael Beckman
06-18-2010, 05:33 PM
Got lucky finally young feller? :D ;)

I left my boat in Washington... :(

Captain Blight
06-18-2010, 05:39 PM
I'd think the Morris dancing would slay them.

Glen Longino
06-18-2010, 05:43 PM
Keep the boat, lose the woman!
Her crotch is way too wide, son!

Michael Beckman
06-18-2010, 06:01 PM

I don't think Alaskans dance. Or do anything besides drink. Ketchikan is like 50% bars, 50% diamond shops.

elf
06-18-2010, 06:18 PM

No. It's the sword dancing where someone gets slayed.

Glen Longino
06-18-2010, 06:53 PM
You've been looking at the crotch of a female stick cartoon character? FARRRRR FREAKIN OUT, MAN! Time to up the meds, see the shrink, and try a lot harder to get a freakin' life already. I know, go help John Smith with his plastic containers and lids problem. It'd keep you busy for days if he has four or more containers and weeks and weeks if he has as many as I'm afraid he has, it would also keep him from posting for awhile. Win-win as far as the forum is concerned.

Aw hell, Milo, don't tell me you didn't notice the monumental gap between that gal's shapeless thighs!
Nobody needs a caliper or microscope to see that gal has a seriously wide crotch that many small cars could pass through!
Besides, I don't take any meds except for high blood pressure.
Fact is, when I saw that Grand Canyon crotch my blood pressure Dropped Dangerously Low!;)
Besides, since when did you become so interested in the welfare of this forum?
Good to see you back here after your long exile!
Don't forget to take your meds!
My best to you and yours always!:)

Captain Blight
06-18-2010, 07:02 PM
No. It's the sword dancing where someone gets slayed.
Slain

I think MB is kinda hosed. Can't afford the diamonds, not old enough for the bars. Dangitall. And lacking the cocaine habit, he can't be a commercial fisherman.

How about a tattoo? A skull on fire, with a rose in its teeth, and a dagger in its teeth, and a banner that says 'MOM', and a panther, and a rose, and a dagger.....

oznabrag
06-18-2010, 07:29 PM
Slain

I think MB is kinda hosed. Can't afford the diamonds, not old enough for the bars. Dangitall. And lacking the cocaine habit, he can't be a commercial fisherman.

How about a tattoo? A skull on fire, with a rose in its teeth, and a dagger in its teeth, and a banner that says 'MOM', and a panther, and a rose, and a dagger.....

Having gotten nigh on 50 years without any tattoos, I'd rather see Mr. Beckman build an SOF sail and oar boat.

There are many tales of this work being accomplished in less than 40 hours, or two weeks of after-hours work, and a long weekend in between.

If that don't get him laid, there ain't no hope fer'im!:D

Captain Blight
06-18-2010, 07:37 PM
I would submit that giving up on the Morris dancing and a crisp haircut would get more positive results sooner.

"Bobby, this is a carbureteur. Take it apart and put it back together again. Repeat until you're normal." ~Hank Hill

Paul Pless
06-18-2010, 07:39 PM
Let me get this straight, you left Seattle for Alaska, looking to get laid???:rolleyes:

Glen Longino
06-18-2010, 07:48 PM
Heheh!!

Michael Beckman
06-18-2010, 08:09 PM
Let me get this straight, you left Seattle for Alaska, looking to get laid???:rolleyes:

Port Townsend for Alaska, looking to make money, get sea time, and move out. Mission Accomplished.

Do wish I had a boat here though. Or tools.

Glen Longino
06-18-2010, 08:17 PM
You could build yourself a SOF with a few simple tools.
Or rent a boat!
Or ride along with a wealthy woman on her boat!:)

oznabrag
06-18-2010, 08:29 PM
You could build yourself a SOF with a few simple tools.
Or rent a boat!
Or ride along with a wealthy woman on her boat!:)

Or a poor one! :p

Glen Longino
06-18-2010, 08:36 PM
:DIndeed!

Captain Blight
06-18-2010, 09:59 PM
Ya know, there's really only one way for Michael to fit into a single kayak already occupied by a young lady. I believe both would find it advantageous.

Glen Longino
06-18-2010, 10:09 PM
Yep!
And she would have to do all the paddling since she's up front.
Hear that, Mike?
Are you getting this picture?
I'll send you some damn tools if you'll send us some damn pics!;)

Michael Beckman
06-18-2010, 10:58 PM
Yep!
And she would have to do all the paddling since she's up front.
Hear that, Mike?
Are you getting this picture?
I'll send you some damn tools if you'll send us some damn pics!;)

I think I'll check out the (thats right, one) lumber yard tomorrow. I could probably build it down at the company dock. Or in the alleyway I suppose. I've got access to a hatchet, and a hammer. Thats pretty much all I need for a simple skin on frame. Larger problem is finding a skin material here. Large freight is extremely expensive. No sail lofts here. Maybe the quilt shop carries canvas.

How did this thread get shifted to boatbuilding anyway, this is supposed to be the bilge!

James McMullen
06-19-2010, 09:02 AM
Ordinary canvas cloth and paint will suffice for the short to medium term for a SOF boat. Bon chance, m'seur!