PDA

View Full Version : Hello one and all

cs
06-14-2010, 11:02 PM
Just wanted to drop in and say hello. I've been just a bit busy and haven't had time to visit much here.

Well I guess a bit busy is probably an understatement. The truth is that in 45 years of living I have never had so much to do in so little time, and this is no exaggeration. Hell I've seen busy times and I've seen times when I've had a lot of work, but never have I ever seen anything like this. I know some of you think you probably have an idea of just how busy it can get, but I'm not sure that you can comprehended how busy it has been and what all has been going on. I'm not ready to say too much about exactly what has been going on, but I'll say what I can.

I understand that supply sgts are busy and I've always understood that. Hell if logistics was easy they would call it operations (inside S joke). My mission has not been the normal supply mission. It has been said that the busiest times for a supply sgt is the first 2 months and the last two months of a deployment. Take that one step further and think about how the big picture. Expend that thought into opening and closing theater. Of course I was not part of the opening.

But anyway today is the first day of not so busy. I still have plenty to do and a short time to do it in, but at least it is more manageable at the present.

Well enough for now, I'm going to get chow and than get ready for yet another meeting.

Peace out

Chad

katey
06-14-2010, 11:35 PM
Hi Chad! Hang in there. We're thinking of you.

Paul Girouard
06-14-2010, 11:42 PM
Something like Naval Intelligence , a oxymoron really.

If your not Attack , you must be support! A old NAVAIR saying to any one NOT in a VA / VAQ squadron. The fighter pukes , any VF squadron , didn't like to be called "support".

One good thing about being busy is time passes faster , or seems to. I know when we weren't flying our arses off time passed very SSSSSSSSSlllllllllllllOOOOOOOOowwwwwwlllyy. And you can only go to chow so many times in one day eh:rolleyes:

Glad to hear from you and glad you've been well employed.Keep up the good work!

Take care Sarge.

seanz
06-15-2010, 01:19 AM
Just wanted to drop in and say hello. I've been just a bit busy and haven't had time to visit much here.

Good to hear from you, I was beginning to wonder.......thought you might have gone mad from the heat. ;):)

How much longer?
I know you can work that out to the minute but just the nearest week's fine by me.
:D

Stiletto
06-15-2010, 04:05 AM
Stay cool Chad:)

Best wishes!

skuthorp
06-15-2010, 04:49 AM
G'day from Aus. Chad, always good to hear you are OK. I guess the toilet roll mix up was sorted eh?

Bruce Taylor
06-15-2010, 06:28 AM
Well, good morning/afternoon Chad. Glad you found a moment to stop by! You sound pretty upbeat, considering.

bob winter
06-15-2010, 07:41 AM
Good to hear from you, Chad. How much longer do you have over there? Be careful.

TomF
06-15-2010, 07:45 AM
G'day lad. Glad to see you with enough moments to yourself to post.

htom
06-15-2010, 09:25 AM
Good to hear from you.

Paul Pless
06-15-2010, 09:30 AM
I've been just a bit busy and haven't had time to visit much here. at least you're missing the chattanooga heat and humidity:D;)

ron ll
06-15-2010, 10:28 AM
Anyone say thank you recently? Hope so.

cs
06-15-2010, 01:45 PM
Thanks for all the well wishes and thoughts.

I think the whole toilet paper/flashlight thing is going to come to much of nothing, although it might warrant a letter to a Congressman about the BS games being played.

Unless things change (again), and I don't expect any major changes, I'm not going to miss too much of that Chattanooga heat and humidity.

Chad

nedL
06-15-2010, 01:53 PM
Its good to hear from you Chad! Be good & stay safe.

TomF
06-15-2010, 02:00 PM
I think the whole toilet paper/flashlight thing is going to come to much of nothing, although it might warrant a letter to a Congressman about the BS games being played.
The games were about S, but not B. :D

Captain Blight
06-15-2010, 02:36 PM
Hey Broseph. Keep yer head down.

Bobby of Tulsa
06-15-2010, 07:45 PM
This ones for you Chad. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFP5afPweVI

Ed Harrow
06-15-2010, 08:04 PM
Hi Chad. What's the deal about toilet paper and flashlights?

This was Uncle Harry's solution to the toilet paper problem:

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g65/wlgtoo/Norwell/DSC_0145.jpg

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g65/wlgtoo/Norwell/DSC_0144.jpg

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g65/wlgtoo/Norwell/DSC_0143.jpg

I spose he'd use a match for the latter problem. ;)

Captain Intrepid
06-15-2010, 08:35 PM
Salut! Glad to hear you're keeping busy, wouldn't want you to get too bored out there.

Fitz
06-15-2010, 08:41 PM
Thank you again for your service.

paladin
06-16-2010, 03:59 AM
Keep your head down and watch your six.

cs
06-17-2010, 11:30 PM
Good to hear from you, Chad. How much longer do you have over there? Be careful.

Lets just say I've figured out the last day that I can use the laundry service and I will be making plans to make sure I have enough underwear to make it through.

BIG milestone yesterday.

Bobby of Tulsa, my internet is really too slow for youtube. I'll look at that when I have faster internet.

Chad

oznabrag
06-17-2010, 11:40 PM
Bring yerself on home, man.

Robbie 2
06-18-2010, 02:59 AM
Good to hear you are doing ok.