PDA

View Full Version : Iran says Israel is doomed

sdowney717
06-11-2010, 07:25 AM
http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5isyj2tN7JOhrI9MQuZZH4O18sqjg

"They are trying to save the Zionist regime, but the Zionist regime will not survive. It is doomed."
Israel, which has the Middle East's sole if undeclared nuclear arsenal, regards Iran as its principal threat after repeated predictions by Ahmadinejad of the Jewish state's demise.
What he means is when Iran gets nuclear weapons fired off in a missile at Israel. Or perhaps they will send in some boats and blow up the Palestinians as well.
Perhaps Iran is hoping for Israel to strike first and unite all Arabs in a holy war for the final destruction of the Jewish state.
Personally I think they are crazy enough to do just about anything to bring in the end of the age and the rule of the Mahdi.

something sort of like this here
http://www.babylonforsaken.com/mahdi.html

Iranian President Mahmoud’s Ahmadinejad’s mystical pre-occupation with the coming of a Shiite Islamic messiah figure – the Mahdi – is raising concerns that a nuclear-armed Islamic Republic could trigger the kind of global conflagration he envisions will set the stage for the end of the world.

He sees his main mission, as he recounted in a Nov. 16 speech in Tehran, as to “pave the path for the glorious reappearance of Imam Mahdi, may Allah hasten his reappearance.”

paladin
06-11-2010, 08:36 AM
He may yet get the chance to meet him face to face....

ishmael
06-11-2010, 08:37 AM
Weird stuff. People have been waiting for God to "come back" forever. Name it the Mahdi, or the second coming, or the first coming, it's all kinda creepy.

Isn't this, right here, enough for folks? God has already come again and again and again. It's right here! There's no need for expectation, just look around.

The image of another coming is interesting psychic reasoning, but this is it baby.

Like my man peddling his bicycle at sunset pier, Key West, peddling his bannana bread out of the front basket of his Schwinn, his song was so beautiful, "I've got that good ol' bannana bread. If you don't get it now, don't blame me when it's gone."

People like Ahmadinejad, and many others in positions of power, see things in literalist terms, or proclaim so, in very worrying ways. There was never anymore "it" than right now.

Andrew Craig-Bennett
06-11-2010, 08:37 AM
Last Days to the right of us; Last Days to the left of us...:D

paul oman
06-11-2010, 08:49 AM
How the pieces get moved, who does what, is very much based upon what the USA does or doesn't do or say, or imply. Wish we had someone in the White House who knew how to play the game.

TomF
06-11-2010, 09:04 AM
How the pieces get moved, who does what, is very much based upon what the USA does or doesn't do or say, or imply. Wish we had someone in the White House who knew how to play the game.Like the previous office holder, whose invasion of Iraq was reportedly based on his own thinking about Gog and Magog?

TimH
06-11-2010, 11:50 AM
Like the previous office holder, whose invasion of Iraq was reportedly based on his own thinking about Gog and Magog?

Religious wackos come in all forms

http://bilia.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/george-bush-eats-a-kitten.jpg

Scott Rosen
06-11-2010, 12:12 PM
I have no beef with people who want to wait around for God to show up.

On the other hand, I worry about those who want to speed up the process . . .

paladin
06-11-2010, 12:18 PM
That very thought, Scott, is what worried me for years....that someone had their finger on the button and was just screwy enough to see if it worked.

Scott Rosen
06-11-2010, 01:04 PM
Yeh. Life's short. We're all going to meet our maker one day. What's the hurry?

Syed
06-11-2010, 01:37 PM
Scott, good to see you. Had a long break?

Scott Rosen
06-11-2010, 03:31 PM
Syed, it's good to see you. I think of you when I hear news from Pakistan and I hope you are surviving the turmoil in your country.

Lew Barrett
06-11-2010, 11:56 PM
Last Days to the right of us; Last Days to the left of us...:D

Volleyed and thundered.
Stormed at with shot and shell.
Boldly they rode and well.
Into the jaws of Death.
Into the mouth of hell.
;)

Gerarddm
06-12-2010, 12:41 AM
Noble Six Hundred!

ishmael
06-12-2010, 05:20 AM
Just a quick note. It's nice to see you back, Scott Rosen. I, for one, have missed your posts.

purri
06-12-2010, 05:42 AM
Apropos LB's post.
Moreso the stupid 600.

carioca1232001
06-12-2010, 08:47 AM
How the pieces get moved, who does what, is very much based upon what the USA does or doesn't do or say, or imply. Wish we had someone in the White House who knew how to play the game.

Sometimes Israel is forced to play the game, as per the lack of imagination and 'lack lustre' of its North American ally;).

As, for instance, over the new sanctions just imposed on Iran.

One of our newspapers - Folha de São Paulo - has rumoured that the Israelis recently set up a meeting/forum between economists and top management of their central bank and the Chinese equivalents in Peking.

A top priority item on the agenda was the alternatives open to Israel in the light of Iran´s nuclear ambitions and the impact of the various scenarios on the Chinese economy.

China which had uptil then turned down every attempt to enforce sanctions on Iran - China´s economy is sorely dependent on Iranian oil - ended up agreeing to a shorter list of items :)

The Israelis played their bluff - a lightning Israeli attack on the nuclear installations, Iran´s retaliates with a missile attack, enter the US, closure of the Straits of Hormuz etc.etc. - and went home a lot happier.

George.
06-12-2010, 09:04 AM
"They are trying to save the Zionist regime, but the Zionist regime will not survive. It is doomed."

He seems to be saying that the regime is doomed - not the country.

Don't some countries also call for "regime change" in Iran?

peb
06-12-2010, 09:29 AM
He seems to be saying that the regime is doomed - not the country.

Don't some countries also call for "regime change" in Iran?

I doubt it. Israel has had several changes of government and I don't think that has satisfied him in the past.

ishmael
06-12-2010, 09:40 AM
If you look at a map, it's a tiny little slip of land. As I've said, I think it was a bad idea, but Israel it there now.

They've been attacked, almost constantly, since 1948 by their Arab neighbors, so I don't blame them for being a bit prickly.

Bob Adams
06-12-2010, 09:45 AM
That very thought, Scott, is what worried me for years....that someone had their finger on the button and was just screwy enough to see if it worked.

Oh Ahmadinejad is screwy enough. Let him get the "button" he'll hesitate not to vaporize Israel, doubtfull of course, that Israel will allow him the chance.

Lew Barrett
06-12-2010, 10:34 AM
The press is suggesting that the sanctions are inadequate and will not have much effect and that the reason China and Russia allowed them is that they were of no consequence to Iran. Or so said Dan Shaw this morning on NPR at any rate.

Will those who question Israel's right to exist support her as the spearhead against Iranian belligerence presuming the pundits are correct?

Lew Barrett
06-12-2010, 10:48 AM
So are we rooting for Israel on this one?
This is all too confusing!
Oy, the ME!

John A. Campbell
06-12-2010, 11:01 AM
I have no beef with people who want to wait around for God to show up.

On the other hand, I worry about those who want to speed up the process . . .

Yep, kinda reminds me of a C&W song that says "everybody wants to go to Heaven but nobody wants to go now"

Boston
06-12-2010, 11:22 AM
I dont think logic has much to do with Iran's pursuit of nuclear weapons. Attacking Israel would be suicide, and only lead to more losses on the part of the Arab nations as Israel's only response would be an immediate and overwhelming retaliatory attack on all surrounding Arab military assets

it just wouldn't work out to well for the Iranians but worse for the innocents on all sides

boylesboats
06-12-2010, 12:29 PM

Yike.... That something to think about.. They haven't test fired the thing..
Will it work when the time come?

It like pullin' trigger on a gun loaded with unquestionable ammo that been sitting around for 30 years

Boston
06-12-2010, 12:51 PM
the difference between the Iranian bomb and the Israeli bomb is the Israeli bomb most likely works

oh well my bet is there is a good chance the Iranian issue will take care of itself :cool: notice the sun glasses

paladin
06-12-2010, 03:11 PM
"They're rioting in Africa,
......There's strife in Iran......

jbelow
06-12-2010, 03:40 PM
The sad part about all of this is that America and the worlds weak leadership will be the enablers in this armageddon.

Anthony Zucker
06-12-2010, 03:42 PM
Israeli submarines(German made) sit in the Indian ocean. They tested an atomic bomb in the Indian Ocean in the early 60s and have rockets that have developed a whole satelite system so they probably have all the pieces in place without using the planes.

Saudis deny they have given permission but the denial is to be expected. I dont know if they crossed over Saudi or Jordan to hit the Iraqi base, probably just Jordan.

Bob Adams
06-12-2010, 05:06 PM
"They're rioting in Africa,
......There's strife in Iran......

There's hurricanes in Florida,
and Texas needs rain....

Lew Barrett
06-12-2010, 07:05 PM
Oy vey.

paladin
06-12-2010, 09:42 PM
The Merry Minuet is just as applicable today as when it was written.

boylesboats
06-12-2010, 10:04 PM
See ya later.. gonna go play World War III 'Black Gold'...

http://i34.tinypic.com/33m7ps7.jpg

hellva game with Saddam, Hussein and Bush names on there.. With a squadron of dozen Paladin tanks excorted by squad of RAH 66 Comanche to protect the Paladins while doing some serious bombardments...
It's all about taking control of oil..

ahp
06-13-2010, 03:30 PM
My son just showed me a headline on the web. Saudi Arabia has given Israel permission to cross Saudi airspace to attack Iran. Does anyone know any more?

Dan Newton
06-13-2010, 05:17 PM
All Israel needs is a green light from their Uncle Sam. They will do the rest. Remember what they did in Iraq?

Boston
06-13-2010, 05:30 PM
If Iran gets the bomb its simply a mater of time before we have a "glowing" report from the middle east.

I agree
its a simple mater of permission from the US and the Israeli's will be happy to take the blame, they are used to it at this point.

they might just not wait for that permission though if they believe there security is in danger, and we all know exactly what the Iranians plan to do with that bomb,

paladin
06-13-2010, 07:09 PM
I actually didn't believe that Mahmood was that stupid or the Mulahs were stupid enough to let him, as I am sure they all know that they are committing suicide if they do anything with it, or even let someone else have it to take the blame, because they will be the first if not the second targets on the list.....maybe simultaneously 2 or 3 targets.
Those German made subs are neat, and relatively inexpensive. and have multiple targeting for simultaneous targets and same time launch.

skuthorp
06-13-2010, 08:22 PM
Don't forget that in Iran a growing portion of their population do not agree with Abamijad or the mullas. The last election was suspect to say the least. They are not all mad or all enemies. I'd like to think that enough Iranians don't want to be incinerated to act themselves.
But if the worst came and Israel acted and flew across Iraq without permission, would the US actuall shoot them down to prevent the strike? And it's ironic in the extreme that the Saudi's, whose version of Islam is the problem, would participate in such a raid even by inaction.
Personally I think that the biggest threat to Israel's existence is Israel itself and it's turbulent political system.

sdowney717
06-13-2010, 08:30 PM
One of the Hadiths of the Koran, as also written in the Hamas Charter Article 7, and also believed on in the world by all true Muslims, states that the End of Days can not occur until the Muslims kill the Jews.

One of the most ominous aspects of the Charter however, is this Hadith (http://www.mideastweb.org/Middle-East-Encyclopedia/Hadith.htm):
Moreover, if the links have been distant from each other and if obstacles, placed by those who are the lackeys of Zionism in the way of the fighters obstructed the continuation of the struggle, the Islamic Resistance Movement aspires to the realisation of Allah's promise, no matter how long that should take. The Prophet, Allah bless him and grant him salvation, has said:

"The Day of Judgement will not come about until Muslims fight the Jews (killing the Jews), when the Jew will hide behind stones and trees. The stones and trees will say O Muslims, O Abdulla, there is a Jew behind me, come and kill him. Only the Gharkad tree, would not do that because it is one of the trees of the Jews." (related by al-Bukhari and Muslim).
The implication is clear: Allah promised that the Jews will be murdered, and the Hamas "aspires to the realisation of Allah's promise, no matter how long that should take."

The Hamas Charter
http://www.mideastweb.org/hamas.htm

purri
06-13-2010, 08:34 PM
FWIW abt 60% of the Farsi population are under 40. The regime knows it is overdue for internal change and the Revolutionary Guard can do little to stop it.

sdowney717
06-13-2010, 08:39 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F48SinuEHIk

For Neda, a young Iranian girl gunned down in a street demonstration.
There is a lot of on the street graphic video in this HBO documentary which shows the youth of the country fed up with the government and what they did.
I found this a profoundly moving and emotional story

http://zipline.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/neta.jpg?w=460&h=287

skuthorp
06-13-2010, 08:47 PM
It would be a tragedy if this sacrifice was in vain, but if those in power think they will loose it then they may push the button in spite. The "if I can't be the pres then no one can". And of course there's the religious fanatic factor.
Common to both sides as a matter if interest, note the position of the conservative Hassadic Jews on the subject of Israel as constituted. As much an enemy of the state as any Arab in my opinion, and parasitic as well.