PDA

View Full Version : does anyone know if and how many smash and grab attempts have been made on the Pitman

Phillip Allen
06-02-2010, 06:27 PM
the Pitman Robinson tax...by various senators, congressmen and presidents?

purri
06-02-2010, 07:02 PM
Who would try?

Phillip Allen
06-02-2010, 07:04 PM
politicians hungry for "revenue" to fund their own projects

skipper68
06-02-2010, 07:07 PM
not sure what that is. kinda like when they raid social security to balance the budget,then whine it's going broke?want to learn more please.thanks

Phillip Allen
06-03-2010, 10:08 AM
looks like the smart guys ain't gonna touch this one

Paul Pless
06-03-2010, 10:14 AM
if and how many smash and grab attemptsWell geez Phillip, the act has only been in place since the Great Depression; one plus for it in my mind is that the tax revenue must be spent on the protection or restoration of wildlife habitat. If I were guessing, most of that money probably goes to wetlands restoration these days.

Phillip Allen
06-03-2010, 10:17 AM
It's a sort of troll Norman...ya up for it?

Phillip Allen
06-03-2010, 10:26 AM
won't touch it...

Paul Pless
06-03-2010, 10:27 AM
won't touch it...maybe if you had a just slightly more specific point

Phillip Allen
06-03-2010, 10:40 AM
I randomly chose the PR act to remind us all of how dangerous it is to trust politicians

there have been attempts to divert the PR funds into the general fund before...the point being to sell game to the tourist industry and reap tax profits from that source...it has been ruthless

think about how ruthless it was when LBJ diverted SSI into his war chest...the war is over...did congress put SSI back again?

I predict that if carbon tax is extablished that it will be robbed for other purposes

simple

Paul Pless
06-03-2010, 10:45 AM
I predict that if carbon tax is extablished that it will be robbed for other purposes'Course the primary purpose of the proposed carbon tax isn't to generate revenue, its to curb carbon emissions.

Phillip Allen
06-03-2010, 10:48 AM
'Course the primary purpose of the proposed carbon tax isn't to generate revenue, its to curb carbon emissions.

as good a place as any for the excuses to begin

I'll bet they are already divying up the loot in their minds

perldog007
06-03-2010, 12:49 PM
as good a place as any for the excuses to begin

I'll bet they are already divying up the loot in their minds

They don't really have minds in the sense that you mean, which is to say they are mindful in ways that never occur to decent folk. The flip side is that they can tend to be completely mindless in ways that matter to regular Joes.

You need to get good and plowed at the Capitol Grill, until one or more of them join you. In Vino Veritas.

Sometimes behave badly? Only if you mean for that phrase to define "constant criminal and immoral acts"

andrewe
06-03-2010, 01:41 PM
'Course the primary purpose of the proposed carbon tax isn't to generate revenue, its to curb carbon emissions.
You MUST be joking....
A