Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nicholas Scheuer
    • Aug 2006

The Video Biz

Hollywood Video has closed all outlets locally and there's hardly anything left of Blockbuster.

It makes so much more sense for Netflix to clutter up the US Postal Service.

Moby Nick
  • Concordia...41
    Grateful Member
    • Apr 2006

Re: The Video Biz

I don't see the Netflix thing as clutter???

Clutter is all the cars swinging through the Blockbuster across from my subdivision dropping off their videos on their way to work in the morning...

I haven't used the Redbox vending machines (or whatever they're called), but they seem an improvement over the stores.

What could possibly be efficient or economical about a free standing store?

It all matters naught though as I predict in just a couple of years that Netflix and the Redbox vending will be replaced by streaming download on demand.

That'll be .02 please

Comment

• Breakaway
      • Mar 2007

On Demand is the way to go, IMO. No time costs, no fuel costs, get it now.
      There are two kinds of boaters: those who have run aground, and those who lie about it.

Comment

• BETTY-B
        DanCooley
        • Feb 2007

One word: Bit torrents.

Comment

• Phillip Allen
          • May 2002

Originally posted by Concordia...41
          I don't see the Netflix thing as clutter???

Clutter is all the cars swinging through the Blockbuster across from my subdivision dropping off their videos on their way to work in the morning...

I haven't used the Redbox vending machines (or whatever they're called), but they seem an improvement over the stores.

What could possibly be efficient or economical about a free standing store?

It all matters naught though as I predict in just a couple of years that Netflix and the Redbox vending will be replaced by streaming download on demand.

That'll be .02 please
          you forgot "$"
          The doctrine of nonresistance against arbitrary power, and oppression, is absurd, slavish, and destructive of the good and happiness of mankind.
          Personal failures are too important to be trusted to others.

Comment

Working...