PDA

View Full Version : Despicable parents should be sterilized!

stoneyreef
05-21-2010, 04:05 PM
My 11 year old daughter had to be picked up from school today as they returned home from their 3 day school camping trip . . .

With my daughter I also picked up her best friend. She lives with her grandmother as both parents are real winners.

Anyhow, she came here and played Wii and so forth until her grandmother got home from work.

This afternoon the girls were talking and the friend's little brother was put in foster care this last weekend.

The brother lives with the "Mom."

After a couple nonchalant questions, he was put in foster care because he was wild and hyper and they put him in foster care to "wake him up and quiet him down."

Un F-ing believeable. The brother is in 2nd grade!!!!!

This damn worthless pile will never get in sight of my daughter again!!!!

Thank God the friend was rescued by the grandmother!!!

JMAC
05-21-2010, 04:16 PM
In two or three years you will need a slim book called- "GET OUT OF MY LIFE! but could you give me and Cheryl a ride to the mall first?" It will make sense of this being that used to be your cute little daughter...trust me on this....mine is turning 19 next week and was beginning to turn human again about 3 years ago. She's a peach now.

stoneyreef
05-21-2010, 05:19 PM
Interesting book!! Thanks for the info!

Phillip Allen
05-21-2010, 05:31 PM
I dearly wish I had done a better raising my own

the daughter is alright...even good but the two sons are worthless. One is just ordinary worthless...he's 36. the other is MEAN worthless...he's 40

paladin
05-21-2010, 09:05 PM
The ones I raised seemed to turn out fine......ex wives can be murder on relationships with kids. Sometimes I think I should have taken some of them for a long boat ride and then see how far they could swim with one of the forepeak anchors.

Concordia...41
05-21-2010, 09:37 PM
Nurture or ????? Genetics or environment????

Dave raised three girls - on his own in the 70's when men didn't get custody of their children - much less three daughters.

The oldest - "C" pulled out in front of a van on a busy road and was killed one week past her 18th birthday. The man I married was a shell of the person he was before he lost "C" but he was still head and shoulders over most folks in the crowd.

The middle - "K" - who some of you know here as "Daddy's Girl" (she posted a few times right around Dave's passing) is the consummate soccer mom, mini-van driving, couldn't-do-enough for her family and friends type.

The youngest - "A" has had some ups and downs, but is pretty much homeless and of her two children, the older lives with his dad (I gave the dad, who I still consider to be a son-in-law, the $$$s to hire an attorney so the child would go directly to his home and not get sucked into the state system) and the youngest is about to be permanently placed after spending 18+ months in the foster care system. For one of her final tricks, "A" sucked me into sending her a Target gift card at Christmas because she really really really wanted to be able to give her son something. (She gets Target gift cards because Target doesn't sell cigaretts or alcohol. It's been a couple of years since I could even tuck a couple of dollar bills into the grandkids cards :(.) Anyway, little did I know that you could take a gift card and sell it for cash. So I get evidence that instead of buying her son a Christmas present that she sold the card for $20 and she tells me to go F... myself.

So no only should despicable parents be sterilized, they should be tortured. They should feel the same amount of pain that they've generated. :mad:

"A" didn't get pregnant on purpose, but after planning to put the baby up for adoption was convinced by her "brilliant" circle of friends that she should keep the child because she'd get so many more benefits. :mad::mad::mad:

Now, at almost 4 years old, this beautiful little girl may FINALLY be placed with a family that will love her forever and will hopefully get the chances that she deserved from the beginning.

Yes to sterilization, but without anesthesia.

coelacanth2
05-21-2010, 09:37 PM
To quote my esteemed father-in-law," Your brother in law retreated sullenly to his room at age 14 and emerged 6 years later as a fully formed, surprisingly pleasant and mature human being. His sister, your wife was in our faces the entire time...":D She's really good now, though.

Kaa
05-21-2010, 09:43 PM
Yes. Sterilization. Less anesthesia.

I really don't think you'd like the results of this policy widely applied. It's not just rhetoric, you know.

Wiki: "Buck v. Bell, 274 U.S. 200 (1927), was the United States Supreme Court ruling that upheld a statute instituting compulsory sterilization of the unfit, including the mentally retarded, "for the protection and health of the state." It was largely seen as an endorsement of negative eugenics—the attempt to improve the human race by eliminating "defectives" from the gene pool."

"The ruling was written by Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr. In support of his argument that the interest of the states in a "pure" gene pool outweighed the interest of individuals in their bodily integrity, he argued:

“We have seen more than once that the public welfare may call upon the best citizens for their lives. It would be strange if it could not call upon those who already sap the strength of the State for these lesser sacrifices, often not felt to be such by those concerned, in order to prevent our being swamped with incompetence. It is better for all the world, if instead of waiting to execute degenerate offspring for crime, or to let them starve for their imbecility, society can prevent those who are manifestly unfit from continuing their kind. The principle that sustains compulsory vaccination is broad enough to cover cutting the Fallopian tubes.”
Holmes concluded his argument by infamously declaring that "Three generations of imbeciles are enough"

You want to go there? Sure?

Kaa

PeterSibley
05-21-2010, 09:48 PM
Yes , we've been there and it wasn't pretty ! Perhaps something that just slows down the increase ?:D

Concordia...41
05-21-2010, 09:50 PM
I really don't think you'd like the results of this policy widely applied. It's not just rhetoric, you know.

...can prevent those who are manifestly unfit from continuing their kind. The principle that sustains compulsory vaccination is broad enough to cover cutting the Fallopian tubes.”
Holmes concluded his argument by infamously declaring that "Three generations of imbeciles are enough"

You want to go there? Sure?

Kaa

Absolutely.

If at any moment I take more then I give, you may have my life. And the lives of any future thing I might bring into this world.

Kaa
05-21-2010, 09:51 PM
Absolutely.

Sorry.

I don't want to go there with you.

I'd like to think that you'll run screaming from such a place in a very short while.

Kaa

Concordia...41
05-21-2010, 09:54 PM
Sorry.

I don't want to go there with you.

I'd like to think that you'll run screaming from such a place in a very short while.

Kaa

I learned a while back that I couldn't help what others think.

As for me I can only hope that I'd have the strength to take what's coming to me and not be some stinking parasite sucking on family, society or the government tit.

Phillip Allen
05-21-2010, 09:58 PM
Margo...you alright?

Kaa
05-21-2010, 09:59 PM
As for me I can only hope that I'd have the strength to take what's coming to me and not be some stinking parasite sucking on family, society or the government tit.

Your attitude to oneself is one thing. Your attitude to others is something quite different. In particular, weak, inept, stumbling others.

And, as I said, the sterlization of the unworthy has been tried. You think there might be a reason it was abandoned..?

Kaa

Concordia...41
05-21-2010, 10:00 PM
Phillip -

I'm fine. Just the thread title hit home because step-daughter just wants to keep popping them out so she gets more government $$$s and I'm not really in favor of that....

McMike
05-22-2010, 07:07 AM
Concordia,

It's hard to watch, it's even harder to live it as a child. As someone whose abuse was ignored by close family, do all you can do for the child. I hope you know you most likely you won't be able to save them but at least the child will see someone tried for them. There's nothing worse than the feeling of hopelessness and loneliness as a child in that position, any friendly gesture, even a smile helps.

Sam F
05-22-2010, 08:30 AM
I seriously think that we would all be better served by a state of affairs in which people were compelled to apply for permission to be parents.

It's not very good reasoning to draw sweeping conclusions from, and advocate draconian "solutions" to, exceptional circumstances.

It's curious how soon people forget. It is a only a single lifetime ago that this stuff was tried. The results were eventually a source of revulsion of the whole world - and a few prosecutions as well.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhineland_Bastard

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nazi_eugenics

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/6/61/Wir_stehen_nicht_allein.jpg

Stan D
05-22-2010, 08:49 AM
I think the problem with sterilization is it's usually too late when you find out it's needed.

Milo Christensen
05-22-2010, 09:02 AM
There's a middle ground between popping out babies for welfare benefits and sterilization. Want money from the rest of us to support yourself and your first unplanned, unwanted, unloved child who's going to grow up in a culture of poverty and hopelessness? Get a birth control implant, free with every check.

JimD
05-22-2010, 09:09 AM
I think the problem with sterilization is it's usually too late when you find out it's needed.

Yeah. If they're already parents isn't it already too late?

Sam F
05-22-2010, 09:14 AM
On the contrary, Sam, the position that I have described, in which people apply for permission to be parents, was the norm across the entire human race until a couple of generations ago.

It was known as "marriage".

Amazing! I didn't know that!
But if it were marriage you had in mind this wasn't the best way to indicate it:

I seriously think that we would all be better served by a state of affairs in which people were compelled to apply for permission to be parents.

Besides, the original post didn't preclude marriage:

She lives with her grandmother as both parents are real winners.

Having children out of wedlock was reprobated and people were very firmly discouraged from marrying until they were in a position to marry, to remain married and to raise children.

Kinda judgmental, ain't it?
And you wouldn't want to do that, would you?
So, other than going back to the Christian Dark Ages, what do you propose - other than the obvious state control?

Andrew Craig-Bennett
05-22-2010, 09:27 AM
Sam, you fell right into the heffalump trap - laugh and admit it! :)

Sam F
05-22-2010, 10:10 AM
Sam, you fell right into the heffalump trap - laugh and admit it!

Oh no, this is getting interesting... besides, there's nothing laughable about this topic.
Please explain how marriage, as you conceive it (& no pun intended), is different from (what over here is called) "shacking up".

McMike
05-22-2010, 10:15 AM
My parents were married. Marriage has nothing to do with good parenting. Having a partner to spread the load and share the experience with is better but you don't have to be married to have that.