PDA

View Full Version : MIA's

pefjr
05-20-2010, 11:31 AM
I was looking for a thread and found that Norman is vacationing? And took 1 month of work went with him, I guess. Getting to be a long list of MIA's.

Paul Pless
05-20-2010, 11:31 AM
what did bernstein do?

pefjr
05-20-2010, 12:34 PM
I don't know.

??

Milo Christensen
05-20-2010, 12:41 PM
Why do you think I felt it was O.K. to come back? Norman has this unique ability to just drive me over the edge. Yeah, I know, for me it's just a short walk. But I digress. This way I get to practice the new me for awhile without the compulsion to poke him with a sharp stick.

And with Captain Blight gone, I feel safer in case my hair (what's left is getting very gray and a bit thin on top) catches on fire.

I was gonna do this thread about not talking about people who are banned, but, hey, you know it's so much better to take a jab at folks who aren't here that I might as well be in full fledged communion with the rest of the gossips.

John of Phoenix
05-20-2010, 12:44 PM
Well since they're gone... ;)

The Bigfella
05-20-2010, 07:05 PM
Hey Milo.... letting you back in.... is that a prelude to the big one.... is T'urden making a reappearance

BrianW
05-20-2010, 07:23 PM
Normans banned?

Well, that should reduce the number of political crap threads for awhile. The place might freshen up a bit in the meantime.

Milo Christensen
05-20-2010, 10:02 PM
Hey Milo.... letting you back in.... is that a prelude to the big one.... is T'urden making a reappearance

I wouldn't know what's up with Mark. Wasn't there a very Mark like persona here not so long ago for a very short time?

crawdaddyjim50
05-20-2010, 10:07 PM
Mark will stop by occasionally but he is more interested in prepping at this time and as such is spending his online time at other forums. I only know this because he signed on to a forum that I frequent and his first post was instantly recognizable... :rolleyes:

Rich Jones
05-21-2010, 06:52 AM
So, Norman got banned? I was wondering why the Bilge has been so quite lately. I'm basically on his side of the fence politically and liked his posts. Didn't follow that intensely, though, to know why he was banned.

varadero
05-21-2010, 07:49 AM
All I know is, without the MIAs, life is a little less colourful.

TomF
05-21-2010, 07:51 AM
All I know is, without the MIAs, life is a little less colourful.Yep.

Step away from the computer for a few hours, and look what happens. Shyte!

John of Phoenix
05-21-2010, 08:25 AM
We lose two of our best and suddenly Milo shows up. Isn't it fascinating how nature equalizes things? :p

Phillip Allen
05-21-2010, 08:33 AM
BTW What did Norman do?

I've talked to him before, on the phone, and he is perfectly capable of getting very angry...I try not to yank his chain (very much)

Rich Jones
05-21-2010, 08:36 AM
I'm unfamiliar with the behind-the-scenes working of the bilge. Just who is this "Scott" person? Does he sit around all day with the sole purpose of baby-sitting the Forum? If I had to read every single post, I'd go nuts!

TomF
05-21-2010, 08:47 AM
Scot is a manifestation of the Diety. Generally benevolent, his wrath falls on those who disobey his statutes. Statutes which are apparently mysterious to some, and bloody obvious to others.

Sometimes the Godhead needs to be poked (see the little notifier icon up on the top right corner of each post?) to pay attention, as I suppose even Dieties can get distracted by earning a living. Sometimes the Scot is simply here - all knowing, ever present. You never quite know - this is supposedly a feature of effective operant conditioning, though this place seems to disprove the theory.

I dunno what got Blighty sent to his corner this time - maybe posted a dirty picture to the Souder thread? It poofed at the same time he did. I'm guessing Norm prolly got all volcanic on some Rightie or other last night ... it's happened before.

It's relatively easy to not call down the thunderbolts; lots of us walk unscathed under Scot's beaming sun.

That said, I hope Norm starts his blog up again.

Ian McColgin
05-21-2010, 08:54 AM
Just waiting for the righties to claim this is an example of WBF's double standard . . .

On a more real note, I'll certainly miss them, but it is easy to have blood pressure problems here and sometimes a little break is better than lisinopril.

John of Phoenix
05-21-2010, 09:06 AM
TomF:
I dunno what got Blighty sent to his corner this time - maybe posted a dirty picture to the Souder thread? It poofed at the same time he did.
I didn't see Blighty's thunderbolt but I'm pretty sure it was quite some time before the Souder thread was vaporized. Souder was collateral damage because it was started by Norman and disappeared along with 50 or so other posts when Scot fired what seemed to be shot across the bow. Norman was posting for quite some time after that and then...

Phillip Allen
05-21-2010, 09:11 AM
I guess I didn't see it because I've gotten to where I don't open Norman's "neutral" stuff very often

BrianW
05-21-2010, 09:16 AM
Just waiting for the righties to claim this is an example of WBF's double standard . . .

Why would his banning be an example of a double standard?

TomF
05-21-2010, 09:20 AM
Why would his banning be an example of a double standard?Your irony meter needs adjusting, Brian.

pefjr
05-21-2010, 09:31 AM
Norman didn't see the clue bus.

Rich Jones
05-21-2010, 09:46 AM
Scot is a manifestation of the Diety. Generally benevolent, his wrath falls on those who disobey his statutes. Statutes which are apparently mysterious to some, and bloody obvious to others.

Sometimes the Godhead needs to be poked (see the little notifier icon up on the top right corner of each post?) to pay attention, as I suppose even Dieties can get distracted by earning a living. Sometimes the Scot is simply here - all knowing, ever present. You never quite know - this is supposedly a feature of effective operant conditioning, though this place seems to disprove the theory.

I dunno what got Blighty sent to his corner this time - maybe posted a dirty picture to the Souder thread? It poofed at the same time he did. I'm guessing Norm prolly got all volcanic on some Rightie or other last night ... it's happened before.

It's relatively easy to not call down the thunderbolts; lots of us walk unscathed under Scot's beaming sun.

That said, I hope Norm starts his blog up again.

Thanks. I enjoyed your description! I'm a mild-mannered type of guy, so hopefully the wrath of the Mighty Scot will never descend upon me.

paladin
05-21-2010, 01:31 PM
When I'm working I have three computers going, monitoring the forum, one to work on, and the other to rrandomly check a couple of other mail sites plus research material.....somehow (again) I missed all the fun.

crawdaddyjim50
05-23-2010, 07:25 PM
I'm unfamiliar with the behind-the-scenes working of the bilge. Just who is this "Scott" person? Does he sit around all day with the sole purpose of baby-sitting the Forum? If I had to read every single post, I'd go nuts!

Careful there brother, He is a little sensitive about the second "t" being tacked on...:D

No, he doesn't sit around moderating the bilge or any other subforum as such. But he does have a bunch of hall monitors that will rat you out in less than a picosecond...:rolleyes:

BrianW
05-23-2010, 07:37 PM
This place has gotten better already.

Sorry Norman, but the lack of multiple daily political threads is refreshing.

BrianW
05-23-2010, 07:38 PM
Your irony meter needs adjusting, Brian.

Perhaps.

But my bull**** meter is working extra well these days, and it pegged on that one.