05-18-2010, 05:03 PM
I thought this was more interesting than more football politics

seanz
05-18-2010, 05:04 PM
Find anything good?

katey
05-18-2010, 05:06 PM
Find anything good?

Great minds think alike! That's exactly what I was going to ask. :)

Phillip Allen
05-18-2010, 05:09 PM
one golf egg

Michael D. Storey
05-18-2010, 05:10 PM
When i was 4, I was taught to operate a walk-behind. And to mow the lawn. Not cut the grass.
Kid's gotta know his limitations.

Phillip Allen
05-18-2010, 05:12 PM
I use a walk behind...it has a motor

Paul Pless
05-18-2010, 05:17 PM
i cut two large trees down that were threatening to block the driveway

i used a stihl... unlike bobbys', my saw emits burnt hydrocarbons and other stuff

Phillip Allen
05-18-2010, 05:20 PM
I use a cheap Walmart saw...so the trees I cut only fall about halfway down

S/V Laura Ellen
05-18-2010, 05:21 PM

i used a stihl... unlike bobbys', my saw emits burnt hydrocarbons and other stuff

'bout time!:D

I finished the installation of my laminate floor.

Paul Pless
05-18-2010, 05:25 PM
'bout time!:Dyup...

i wonder if katherine will notice, she hasn't made it home yet

Phillip Allen
05-18-2010, 05:26 PM
yup...

out buying some new sweat pants...

seanz
05-18-2010, 05:38 PM
one golf egg

You have crows?
;)

Phillip Allen
05-18-2010, 05:40 PM
many...hawks and owls too...also neighbor boys who never pick up after themselves

SMARTINSEN
05-18-2010, 05:47 PM
i used a stihl...

Betcha it is not as big as Tim Schlieff's

Paul Pless
05-18-2010, 05:50 PM
Betcha it is not as big as Tim Schlieff'sno its not, timm gives me chainsaw envy

is that a sin:eek:

S/V Laura Ellen
05-18-2010, 07:09 PM

i used a stihl...

Did you use your new folding wheelbarrow to move the wood up to the house?:D:D:D
http://aylard.ca/sites/default/files/imagecache/600/IMG_0021.jpg

Paul Pless
05-18-2010, 07:10 PM
negative

Mrleft8
05-18-2010, 09:08 PM
Friggin' city boys playin' in the woods........ Check yerselves for ticks yet?..... Look around the belt line.... Then around the bellyflop line...:)

boylesboats
05-18-2010, 10:48 PM

I use a cheap Walmart saw...so the trees I cut only fall about halfway down

Could ya believe this.... I got a cheap Poulan chainsaw in "Real Tree"...
I have alway been told it was for the trees can't see me a comin' to cut 'em down..

Seriously...

boylesboats
05-18-2010, 10:57 PM
A camo chainsaw? My Husqvarna 345 is bright orange and I manage to lose sight of it in the woods all the time. If I had a camo saw I might as well throw it off a bridge to save time:rolleyes:

Doug

It just a cheap saw for real...
As blind I am.. I don't know how many times I tripped over it..

bljones
05-18-2010, 11:07 PM
Just to be clear here, did you mow the lawn, or ahem, "mow the lawn"?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBkR09sP4T4

boylesboats
05-18-2010, 11:23 PM
I'd forgotten about your eyesight. That puts a pretty funny picture in my head- A blind guy crashing through the woods, smashing into trees looking for a camoflauge chainsaw that's parked right at his feet:D

Doug

There ya go...:D right on the button...
What really have happened..I wasn't looking fer it... It was lying in pile of dried leaves near the stump..
I were carrying a big armload of firewood, and came about 'round the that thar stump... caught my foot in its handlebar... firewood went that-a-way and I went this way.. What a "big AIR time" too...

To anyone that witness this... Would think I was trying to juggle some firewood, holding a chainsaw with one foot while standing on the other foot..

WX
05-18-2010, 11:26 PM
We use a brushcutter with a ribbon head, well when I say we I really mean Kerry. She's good at it too, looks just like it was done with a mower.:D

SMARTINSEN
05-19-2010, 05:47 AM
....well when I say we I really mean Kerry. She's good at it too,.... :D

Hey--that is the way that I mow my lawn too.

P.I. Stazzer-Newt
05-19-2010, 06:25 AM
yup...

Did you drop the trees across the drive, or along the drive?

Paul Pless
05-19-2010, 06:29 AM
Did you drop the trees across the drive, or along the drive?LOL.

Dropped them, bucked them to firewood length and hauled them away.

skuthorp
05-19-2010, 06:33 AM
Bought a new Husquvarna chain saw last week, my old Chinese cheapie has refused to start any longer, given up the task, I thought. So I go to get the new one out first time and the oldies lying there and I wonder....................... Started first pull and has gone like a train since. :mad::eek::confused:

Rich Jones
05-19-2010, 07:25 AM
But you are keeping the Husky, right? I mean, it's a tool, and although we buy tools so that we can find the ones we lost, we never return them unless they're broken. It's a man-code rule. Number 38 I think.

Doug

Within the next year, I'll be going from two houses down to one. That'll mean lots of duplicate tools. Do I dare break man-code rule 38 and have a garage sale?

I do have many old and broken tools, including an old chainsaw. They just sit on a bench, waiting for judgement day.

Phillip Allen
05-19-2010, 07:45 AM
methinks Doug has a large print copy of the man rules...

TomF
05-19-2010, 08:02 AM
The only acceptable way to dispose of duplicate tools is to give them to your kids(the inferior of the two goes, you keep the good one)(Rule #56). The best option for duplicate tools however, is to put an addition on your shop so you have room to keep them. Building additions requires the purchase of more tools (Rule #17).

DougCan you send me a framed copy I can mount somewhere prominent?

Canoez
05-19-2010, 08:13 AM
Yeah, Doug - we MUST have a copy of the rules...

I've got a little 16" Husky limbing saw that's bright orange and I can lose that thing in the leaves - no problem.

My next door neighbor needed a tree cut up that he lost to ice last winter. I sharpened the saw, cut it into a few pieces and hauled it away - was a small, spindly cherry, maybe 5" at the stump and 20 odd feet tall. Took longer to sharpen the saw than to do the work.

The following Tuesday evening the neighbor shows up with a six-pack of Bass ale and another of Oaked Arrogant Bastard ale.

"Need any more trees cut?" :D

Say, if Katherine didn't know the trees were cut, how could she know to bring you a "restorative beverage" after the work was done?