PDA

View Full Version : Special Relationship - and fishing.

P.I. Stazzer-Newt
05-14-2010, 07:04 AM
From Here (http://www.flyforums.co.uk/general-fly-fishing-discussion/68132-two-rods-compared.html) a genuine "Find of the day" contender:

But I think it's fair to say that the majority of American sourced rods, and whether they are designed in the US and made in China it matters not, are built for the average USA fly fisher.

What I wasn't aware of is that the average USA fly fisher doesn't go fishing very often. The reason for this is that your average USA male is probably the most down trodden section of humanity in the world, the women being responsible of course.

As a result your average USA fly fisher just might escape and do 5 or 6 fishing days a year. With people like myself, and a few members of this site, we might on occasions manage 5 or 6 fishing days in a week!!

No wonder the corks on some UK based rods fall apart. No wonder the rod guides groove, and no wonder the average USA fly fisher is a darned poor caster.

They don't get much chance to practice!

Perhaps some of our "Downtrodden" would like to comment.... - or just laugh.

Paul Pless
05-14-2010, 07:17 AM
- or just laugh. - or just cry.

Until three years ago I spent at least a part of 100+ days per year on the water.