PDA

View Full Version : Maine Repubs do something different

elf
05-11-2010, 07:40 AM
What's up down there and how much will this change things for Collins etc.?

http://www.mainepolitics.net/content/maine-republicans-adopt-tea-party-platform

Ian McColgin
05-11-2010, 07:50 AM
The Great and the Good must be spinning in their graves. Hard to understand how a people so keen on independence can be of such a lemming herd mentality.

Ian McColgin
05-11-2010, 08:00 AM
Why are you a Republican?

Well, I'm from the State of Maine and my father was a Republican and my Grandfather was a Republican and his father and his before were all Republicans.

So, what if your father had been a horse thief?

Well sir, then I'd have been a Democrat.

Willin'
05-11-2010, 08:16 AM
I got the A-Apolitical blues...
the meanest blues of all!

I don't care if it's the unholy four, John Wayne or Dorothy Lamour
I just don't want to talk to them now!

Paul Pless
05-11-2010, 08:29 AM
suggests the adoption of "Austrian Economics"you gotta kinda like that at least :)

Chris Coose
05-11-2010, 10:49 AM
Republicans in Maine have been in victim status for the past 50 years.
Dems have owned all three branches of government for a life time and there is no end in sight.
Those elected republicans mostly have to go along with what the Dems propose.
Don't ask me how we are still stuck in the Margaret Chase Smith method of electing republican woman Senators.

All the predominant characters who showed for the convention are member of the forum: As Maine Goes. If you want to learn more about the these angry people go there. They make our right wing contributors sound like socalists.
I no longer post there. I used to be one of their token liberal contributors.
I quit a while ago not because they got under my skin but because I just got plain disgusted. Their hatred scaled up dramatically after we elected Obama.

Take a good look at the guy Apollo. He posted a thread about the newest lesbian high court nominee.

These anrgy SOB's will ensure a state government that will remain Democrat, who will continue to move Maine through the destruction caused by the Dubbya.

http://www.asmainegoes.com/forum/8

bobbys
05-11-2010, 12:14 PM
Republicans in Maine have been in victim status for the past 50 years.
Dems have owned all three branches of government for a life time and there is no end in sight.
Those elected republicans mostly have to go along with what the Dems propose.
Don't ask me how we are still stuck in the Margaret Chase Smith method of electing republican woman Senators.

All the predominant characters who showed for the convention are member of the forum: As Maine Goes. If you want to learn more about the these angry people go there. They make our right wing contributors sound like socalists.
I no longer post there. I used to be one of their token liberal contributors.
I quit a while ago not because they got under my skin but because I just got plain disgusted. Their hatred scaled up dramatically after we elected Obama.

Take a good look at the guy Apollo. He posted a thread about the newest lesbian high court nominee.

These anrgy SOB's will ensure a state government that will remain Democrat, who will continue to move Maine through the destruction caused by the Dubbya.

http://www.asmainegoes.com/forum/8.

Let me get this straight.

They are angry people.
But You call them Sonsofbeeches..

Is there a Mirror in your bathroom?

Chris Coose
05-11-2010, 12:30 PM
My daughter's school is located next to the convention hall. The superintendant allowed each County delegation (free) rooms to conference in. Posters were pulled down (stolen), written messages left on teacher's desks and trash strewn about.
They used the place like a pack of dogs (sons of bitches) and pissed all over the place.

http://www.theforecaster.net/content/p-kingschoolrepublicans

"We allowed someone to use our building. They came in and searched our stuff. Stole a poster. Left our building trashed. And then called us to complain about what they found when they searched our house," Clifford (a teacher) said.

I am actually celebrating the highjacking of the further crippled Republican Party in Maine bobby.

pefjr
05-11-2010, 01:17 PM
These angry SOB's will ensure a state government that will remain Democrat, who will continue to move Maine through the destruction caused by the Dubbya.

I was wondering why it took you so damn long to get YWWAB. 8 posts? you're slacking.

"'Freedom of Religion' does not mean 'freedom from religion'" (which I guess makes atheism illegal)

That should keep a lot of Attorneys busy.:D

bobbys
05-11-2010, 01:27 PM
My daughter's school is located next to the convention hall. The superintendant allowed each County delegation (free) rooms to conference in. Posters were pulled down (stolen), written messages left on teacher's desks and trash strewn about.
They used the place like a pack of dogs (sons of bitches) and pissed all over the place.

http://www.theforecaster.net/content/p-kingschoolrepublicans

"We allowed someone to use our building. They came in and searched our stuff. Stole a poster. Left our building trashed. And then called us to complain about what they found when they searched our house," Clifford (a teacher) said.

I am actually celebrating the highjacking of the further crippled Republican Party in Maine bobby..

We have the well known case of a Lib Teacher while on School time advocating Infiltrating the Tea Party and using Racist remarks in a extreme effort to defame them.

Some how i refrain from calling all Democrats here SOBs.

But hey maybe our guy traveled over there to rip down some posters.

Chris Coose
05-11-2010, 02:58 PM

Some how i refrain from calling all Democrats here SOBs.

Noble of ya but remember you are located in the Bilge, so if you were to write that all Dems here were sonsobitches, it'd be best to remember that it would have to get past the tatoos before piercing the thick skin.

It wasn't so much they disturbed my daughter's learning environment, it's that POS platform they delivered to decent Maine Republicans.
It will be a joy to listen to the GOP candidates for governor dismiss the foolish document.

Chris Coose
05-12-2010, 11:10 AM
Hanging on the sidelines for the past couple days and watching the backlash from the weekend convention events.
The county caucuses got to use classrooms at the nearby public middle school and caused theft and other damage.
The convention is then surprised with a radical platform document and adopts it with strong majority enthusiasm.
It is identified that the thug group who offended the school, led the platform coup.

Moderate republicans are pushing back.

By way of their extremism I predict these guys will die off by their own internal conflicts and the Republicans (who love to elect moderate and what they think are kind people in the Margaret Chase Smith tradition) will reject the Ron Paul tea drinkers.
They won't be taking them out to the woodshed and it is likely to get ugly (read: good for Democrats) as Republicans must have a discussion on basic values.

Usually Maine politics are real quiet. This may be exactly what the Maine GOP needs to feel better about their plight and become effective legislators.