PDA

View Full Version : eye to toggle turnbuckle

chrisk
05-05-2010, 08:13 PM
I want to add a quick release shroud lever to my forestay that has just 1/8" wire.

The lever has a jaw with a 1/4" clevis pin and it's sides match up exactly the same as the turnbuckle toggle. So, I can't connect the toggle/toggle turnbuckle to the shoud lever.

I'd like to get a turnbuckle with a 1/4" eye on one side that will connect to the shroud lever clevis pin and the other end to be a toggle with a 1/4" clevis pin that I'll connect to the forestay.

I am having trouble finding a turnbuckle with an eye on one side and a toggle on the other side. I'd prefer it to be an open body turnbuckle body, but a closed body will work if that's what is available.

Anyone know where I can get an open body eye/toggle turnbuckle with a 1/4" eye hole and 1/4" clevis pin in the toggle ?

Thanks
Chrisk

Ian McColgin
05-05-2010, 08:24 PM
If you can't find a turnbuckle with an eye at one end, make a tang with two holes to connect jaw to jaw. The tang can be made up from several stacked plates if that's more convenient to work with.

kc8pql
05-05-2010, 08:30 PM
You can buy high quality turnbuckle bodies, eyes and toggles separately here. Your choice of bronze or chrome bodies.

http://i41.tinypic.com/ezoakl.jpg