05-04-2010, 05:40 PM
paint the kitchen cieling with high gloss paint...it's easier to clean

botebum
05-04-2010, 06:16 PM
15' ceiling for astronomical mishaps?:)

Doug

elf
05-04-2010, 06:23 PM
I'm impressed. How do you do it? How do you prepare the dough for stretching? How much kneading do you do in advance.

Boy, I've always wished I had the courage to do that.

Congrats!

Michael D. Storey
05-04-2010, 08:10 PM
Not a big fan of tossed dough. The Boys & I built a wood-fired oven about 15 years ago, and I found that hand tossing comes with spinning, which can make the center too thin. I use fingers, and, as an aside, suggest the technique of carrying the dough draped across the back of the fingers, instead of with the 'finger print' side.
Rising: If you are making up a group of doughs for, say, a party, form them into balls, cover them with olive oil, and allow them to PROOF (not rise) in the refrigerator. T

Consider pizza-making to be primarily a heating and melting process; the time in the oven is too short for much rising, which would be undesireable, anyway, and whatever goes on the pie raw, comes out hot, but still raw. No cooking going on here.
With a wood oven, the oven process for a 16" pie is no longer than 60 seconds.

Paul Pless
05-04-2010, 08:10 PM
I'm impressed. How do you do it? How do you prepare the dough for stretching? How much kneading do you do in advance.

Boy, I've always wished I had the courage to do that.

Congrats!I just used my normal dough recipe, which I normal would've rolled out then let rise again before baking. But this time I punched it down and stretched it a little until I could my fists under it and then started throwing it.

As far as kneading goes I use Katherine's mixmaster and a dough hook to do all the mixing and kneading on pizza dough. Blasphemy I know. I do let the dough rise for about an hour before making the pie.