goodbasil
05-01-2010, 05:19 PM
You keep beer in your medicine cabinet?
If it cures what ails you.

Paul Girouard
05-01-2010, 05:43 PM
You keep beer in your medicine cabinet?
If it cures what ails you.

Looks like the shower soap tray to me. Can you say alcohol issues?

Paul Pless
05-01-2010, 06:35 PM
Even I never drank in the shower ... :eek:especially that crap

Paul Girouard
05-01-2010, 06:43 PM
Even I never drank in the shower ... :eek:

I used to , thats how I know Joe's got issues. Been there done that, owned all the T-shirts.

Now whether he has a problem , thats his call.

BETTY-B
05-01-2010, 07:22 PM
That's rich!

Mrleft8
05-01-2010, 07:25 PM
Could explain why the rubrail on Tidbit got installed backwards...... ;)

Joe (SoCal)
05-02-2010, 06:28 AM
Sheesh :rolleyes:
I don't have "issues" I came home from work I was hot it was hot and summer like out. Renee was on her way over and we were going to a BBQ. I grabbed a SINGLE cold Carona and to expidite getting showing and getting dressed I brought it into the shower with me like I've done before.

I thought it funny so I posted it. Now I'm sorry that I did :( it's a freeking beer fer keerist sake.

BrianW
05-02-2010, 06:39 AM
Joe,

You should taken two Coronas into the shower, and tarried in there till she arrived. Do I gotta think of everything? :D

Bob Adams
05-02-2010, 06:40 AM
Joe,

You should taken two Coronas the shower, and tarried in there till she arrived. Do I gotta think of everything? :D

Man Law.:cool:

Paul Pless
05-02-2010, 06:58 AM
I don't have "issues" I came home from work I was hot it was hot and summer like out. Renee was on her way over and we were going to a BBQ. I grabbed a SINGLE cold Carona and to expidite getting showing and getting dressed I brought it into the shower with me like I've done before.

I thought it funny so I posted it. Now I'm sorry that I did :( it's a freeking beer fer keerist sake.so what have you learned from this???

less pictures of beer in the shower, and more pictures of renee would've kept everybody happy:p

skuthorp
05-02-2010, 07:19 AM
[QUOTE=goodbasil;2579845]You keep beer in your medicine cabinet?QUOTE]

Yeah? So? (Is your medicine chest refrigerated?)

ian scott
05-02-2010, 07:27 AM
I never drink in the shower as I prefer a bath.

Anybody wanna see a photo :D?

Joe (SoCal)
05-02-2010, 07:43 AM
so what have you learned from this???

less pictures of beer in the shower, and more pictures of renee would've kept everybody happy:p

from the BBQ

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m320/fosterhere/b2f6268d.jpg

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m320/fosterhere/78cb10f7.jpg

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m320/fosterhere/0a073703.jpg

skuthorp
05-02-2010, 07:45 AM
I never drink in the shower as I prefer a bath.

Anybody wanna see a photo :D?

You're not that game!

Paul Pless
05-02-2010, 07:52 AM
Can't really say much for you burning my steak, but the greenhouse in the background is cool.

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m320/fosterhere/0a073703.jpg

Joe (SoCal)
05-02-2010, 08:58 AM
Can't really say much for you burning my steak, but the greenhouse in the background is cool.

The house ain't bad either. ;)

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m320/fosterhere/4714d663.jpg

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m320/fosterhere/f56f2edb.jpg

Canoeyawl
05-02-2010, 10:10 AM
I like the barn...

bljones
05-02-2010, 10:25 AM
Forget the beer bottle.
I'm wondering about the fact that you had a camera with you in the shower.
And i'm just going to leave the implications of the Jergen's alone...

;)

coelacanth2
05-02-2010, 10:47 AM
Nah, he's just into efficiency - cool down externally and internally at the same time. Gotta second the motion about 2 beers and tarrying, though... even more efficiency.

goodbasil
05-02-2010, 03:32 PM
How do you BBQ eggplant Joe?

Joe (SoCal)
05-02-2010, 04:47 PM
How do you BBQ eggplant Joe?

Easy slice it about 1/4 " thick douse it in olive oil, salt, garlic and pepper along with all the othe veggies your grilling in a big bowl and then toss on the BBQ yummy

Bobby of Tulsa
05-02-2010, 05:05 PM
Cool post Joe. I think it is dark beer in the shower. Hows Lucky?

David G
05-02-2010, 05:20 PM
People don't really bbq eggplant, except in french magazines. And even there, Real Men bbq only slabs of meat. But Joe has brought not just an eggplant, but TWO of 'em to a bbq. Can anyone say 'eggplant issues'??? :p:D:p

On the issue of beer in the shower... I've done it many times myself, for just the same reason. Now... it's true that one could find far better tasty and refreshing beers to swig than that donkey dribble he's drinking. A nice hefeweizen, perhaps? How about an icy light lager, like a Full Sail 'Session'? Oh... and I don't have any alcohol issues - addressed or unaddressed... just a healthy appreciation of the brewer's art.

Mrleft8
05-02-2010, 07:53 PM

I thought it funny so I posted it. Now I'm sorry that I did :( it's a freeking beer fer keerist sake.

Rhino skin wearing thin?.....;)

huisjen
05-02-2010, 08:06 PM
I've had a beer in the shower on a hot day after heavy work. It's pretty good.

Dan

SaltyD from BC
05-02-2010, 08:22 PM
What a concept. If there was beer in my shower i would be one clean son of a gun :cool:

SaltyD from BC
05-02-2010, 08:46 PM
Just a guess brad, but I'm thinking if there is an issue with anyone on the board drinking too much in the shower you ain't going to fix it from your key board. Don't you think? LOL

Joe (SoCal)
05-03-2010, 06:24 AM
All the real DRUNKS know that a beer in the shower is a problem ... and this is independent of your banged up Volvo ...

Check yourself, Joe ... if you would please ... CHECK yourself ...

:rolleyes:

I give up, you guys seriously DO NOT know me, even after all this time :(. Your assumptions are truly running wild sad. But tag me with a drinking problem if that soothes your conscience, people that actually KNOW ME would laugh at such a claim.

BrianW
05-03-2010, 06:33 AM
Give it a rest Brad.

Joe,

Don't know if you've got a drinking problem, but I'm willing to put it to the test when we meet! :D

Joe (SoCal)
05-03-2010, 06:43 AM
Give it a rest Brad.

Joe,

Don't know if you've got a drinking problem, but I'm willing to put it to the test when we meet! :D

Your on just no drinking in the shower ;)

I have to laugh though I have about 10% body fat, I work out daily, I eat very healthy, I don't smoke. Yet one photo of a Carona in the shower makes me an alcoholic :rolleyes: Kinda hard to keep my active HEALTH conscience lifestyle and be a drunk, but whateeeevers:p.

The problem that constantly comes up is THOSE who have had drinking problems see any and ALL alcohol as a problem........ well because for THEM it is a problem. They cant discern between a casual beer and a serious drinking problem its ALL warning signs. For me I enjoy an occasional beer every know and then I prefer it to soda or other beverages when I'm eating. I Rarely if ever consume soda ever, I think chemically its far worse for you than a cool refreshing beer. So I wonder if I had an ice cold glass of caramel colored sugar water with high fructose corn syrup and tons of sugar and caffeine and all sorts of artificial coloring and flavor would any of you say I have a problem ? Or just laugh at having a soda in the shower.

Duncan Gibbs
05-03-2010, 06:46 AM
You yanks have gotta learn when the Michael is being extracted (or as we Orstraaalians say, the piss is is being is being taken).

Doncha know anyfink Brad? One beer is okay (even if is a drossy one)! But when he has two or three different drossy beers in the soap tray - like if he's trying to be all Orstraaalian and has a Fosters (YUK!) next to the Corona, THEN, and only then do we send in the SWAT team and deal with this mess!

:D

Duncan Gibbs
05-03-2010, 06:48 AM

I don't have a drinking problem! I get the booze in my mouth every time! :D

Paul Pless
05-03-2010, 07:07 AM
Your on just no drinking in the shower ;) Have you not read any of Brian's posts on 'gays in the military'???

I don't think you really have anything to worry about.

Chris Coose
05-03-2010, 07:23 AM
Your
The problem that constantly comes up is THOSE who have had drinking problems see any and ALL alcohol as a problem........

I would be an exception to that rule but I can tell you that when I got to the point where I knew quitting all together was the only angle I had left, one of the crazy considerations was that I wouldn't be drinking when I was using the bathroom for any function, which indicated to me that there were very few activities that did not include drinking alcohol.
When I saw the image I chuckled and had no judgement, except a reminder of my old days.

This is one illness/problem that is to be self-diagnosed. Problem for many problem drinkers is that the chemical tells us we don't have a problem. As in my case, a person has to step away from the chemical for a bit and take a critical inventory. Like, can I see my life without showering without beer? Crazy, but effective.

BrianW
05-03-2010, 07:49 AM
I used to take forced 2 week breaks from alcohol. Now I'm up to 2 month at a time.

Something is wrong with this picture. Heck, the guys at the liquor store hardly recognize me anymore. ;)

Paul Girouard
05-03-2010, 08:25 AM
Re-read post #6 issues ain't problems , but then you've answered that question as well.

Good luck.

David G
05-03-2010, 10:54 AM
Looks like one eggplant, one zucchini, and one yellow summer squash. More like grilling though, not bbq.

Geez, the man's having a beer. I just don't get this beer snobbery. :rolleyes:

Fred,

You're right on the count. No beer snobbery... just beer taste ;) Plus giving Joe a bit of a ribbing, both on the veggies and the beer. I guess I should have included a reference to his 'alcohol problem' for the trifecta :p:rolleyes::p

Ron Williamson
05-03-2010, 11:43 AM
After a hot dusty day,beer with the shower is internal and external cleansing.
First thing in the morning is different.
R

Mrleft8
05-03-2010, 12:12 PM
I can verify Joe's drinking problem...... His problem is that he let a couple of British girls beat him at shot glass checkers!!!!!! :D :D

bobbys
05-03-2010, 12:13 PM
Having a beer in the shower is a great idea, After all one just rents beer and when its time to give it back one can just let go and not worry about ones aim.

Some Philosophers have stated this is one of the only times a man is truly free..

I for one yam not surprised Joe knows about this.

switters
05-03-2010, 12:27 PM
PSA time, GLASS bottles in the shower can be a bad idea. When drinking beer in the shower I drink out of cans or plastic cups. When drinking wine, I have plastic wine glasses.

Just saying, you don't want to learn the hardway.

hokiefan
05-03-2010, 01:07 PM
Joe,

You should taken two Coronas into the shower, and tarried in there till she arrived. Do I gotta think of everything? :D

Joe, don't forget Brian's sage advise.

And yeah, I think summer is on the way in. I'm looking forward to it.

Cheers,

Bobby

BrianW
05-03-2010, 07:40 PM
Reminds me of my favorite Kristofferson song:

Well I woke up Sunday morning,
With no way to hold my head that didn't hurt.
And the beer I had for breakfast wasn't bad,
So I had one more for dessert.
Then I fumbled through my closet for my clothes,
And found my cleanest dirty shirt.
An' I shaved my face and combed my hair,
An' stumbled down the stairs to meet the day.

The version I know, is from Johnny Cash...

Well, I woke up Sunday morning
With no way to hold my head that didn't hurt.
And the beer I had for breakfast wasn't bad,
So I had one more for dessert.
Then I fumbled in my closet through my clothes
And found my cleanest dirty shirt.
Then I washed my face and combed my hair
And stumbled down the stairs to meet the day.

I'd smoked my mind the night before
With cigarettes and songs I'd been picking.
But I lit my first and watched a small kid
Playing with a can that he was kicking.
Then I walked across the street
And caught the Sunday smell of someone frying chicken.
And Lord, it took me back to something that I'd lost
Somewhere, somehow along the way.

On a Sunday morning sidewalk,
I'm wishing, Lord, that I was stoned.
'Cause there's something in a Sunday
That makes a body feel alone.
And there's nothing short a' dying
That's half as lonesome as the sound
Of the sleeping city sidewalk
And Sunday morning coming down.

In the park I saw a daddy
With a laughing little girl that he was swinging.
And I stopped beside a Sunday school
And listened to the songs they were singing.
Then I headed down the street,
And somewhere far away a lonely bell was ringing,
And it echoed through the canyon
Like the disappearing dreams of yesterday.

On a Sunday morning sidewalk,
I'm wishing, Lord, that I was stoned.
'Cause there's something in a Sunday
That makes a body feel alone.
And there's nothing short a' dying
That's half as lonesome as the sound
Of the sleeping city sidewalk
And Sunday morning coming down.

But I don't know who was first.

In any case, if you're ever feeling too good one day, just listen to that song. ;)

BrianW
05-03-2010, 07:44 PM
Well, Googles your friend, and Fred Z had it right...

Kris Kristofferson wrote this while living in a run-down tenement in Nashville when he was working as a janitor for Columbia Records. He was told if he was caught pitching songs to any artists he would be fired. He delivered this song personally to Johnny Cash after landing his National Guard helicopter in Cash's front yard - the best way he could think of to get Cash's attention. This song was #1 on the Country charts for 2 weeks in September 1970. (thanks, Chris - Bristolville, OH)

In a 2009 Rolling Stone article about Kris Kristofferson that was written by Ethan Hawke, it explains that Kris made Johnny Cash listen to the song before removing the helicopter. After hearing it Cash said he "liked his songs so much that I would take them off and not let anybody else hear them."
Cash recorded the song live on The Johnny Cash Show, and before the show, ABC censors asked him to change the lyrics, "Wishing, Lord, that I was stoned" to "Wishing, Lord, that I was home." Cash sang it the way Kristofferson wrote it, and even stressed the word "stoned."

huisjen
05-05-2010, 07:16 AM
When drinking beer in the shower I drink out of cans...

NEVER!!!!

Dan

botebum
05-05-2010, 07:24 AM
I'm a little late to the party but this has been bothering me since the accusation was first made.
I know guys that have a beer in the shower, guys that have a drink when they fish, guys that have a beer when they mow their lawn, etc. There is not a problem because one of these situations is true on occassion. The problem is when many of these situations are true of the same person all the time and they are helpless to stop it. Calling a guy a problem drinker because he enjoys having a beer in the shower on a hot day is not only stupid and childish, it's absolutely ridiculous. Some people make themselves feel superior by pointing fingers. Grow up.

Doug

Joe (SoCal)
05-05-2010, 08:53 AM
I'm a little late to the party but this has been bothering me since the accusation was first made.
I know guys that have a beer in the shower, guys that have a drink when they fish, guys that have a beer when they mow their lawn, etc. There is not a problem because one of these situations is true on occassion. The problem is when many of these situations are true of the same person all the time and they are helpless to stop it. Calling a guy a problem drinker because he enjoys having a beer in the shower on a hot day is not only stupid and childish, it's absolutely ridiculous. Some people make themselves feel superior by pointing fingers. Grow up.

Doug

Zackly
Thanks dude ;)

Joe (SoCal)
05-29-2010, 03:25 PM
http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m320/fosterhere/fa6ac073.jpg

better beer

Paul Girouard
05-29-2010, 03:31 PM
Ya ever clean that shower stall? :D

contented
05-29-2010, 04:58 PM
joe, it goes without saying you should have a beer/drink wherever and whenever you want too.

on a more important note, whoever put that wood shingle roof on the house did a nice job, especially with that tapered copper valley flashing. tell your friend that if they want that roof to live longer, apply rolled copper over the top of the last course of shingles and cover the upper edge of the copper with the ridge vent system.

about the only good thing acid rain is good for is, it hits that copper at the top of the roof and that prevents moss or lichen or anything else getting a foothold up there, anywhere on the roof.

the only other advice i can offer is never pass up the exit to the new hampshire liquor store when you visit maine. it's about half price of what i pay in alabama.

Paul Pless
05-29-2010, 05:00 PM
better beerJoe, have you tried Blue Moon?its a pretty good American mass market wheat beer.

Joe (SoCal)
05-29-2010, 07:54 PM
Joe, have you tried Blue Moon?its a pretty good American mass market wheat beer.

It's ok

Where I am now
http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m320/fosterhere/0b74e6d4.jpg

:)

Hwyl
05-29-2010, 08:11 PM
:rolleyes:

I give up, you guys seriously DO NOT know me, even after all this time :(. Your assumptions are truly running wild sad. But tag me with a drinking problem if that soothes your conscience, people that actually KNOW ME would laugh at such a claim.

Oh no and here I am laughing at such a claim, and even agreeing with Joe. I'll be posting pictures of myself next.

I don't think I'll ever understand the concept of cooking outside though. Don't you have kitchens?

Paul Pless
05-29-2010, 08:14 PM
Not bad...

Kat and I were in a bar in Detroit that pulled their pints recently. By far the best way to drink a Boddingtons!

Paul Pless
05-29-2010, 08:15 PM
I'll be posting pictures of myself next.please note: Joe only posted pictures of his beer in the shower, not any of hisself in the shower.

Peter Kalshoven
05-29-2010, 09:54 PM
It's ok

Where I am now
http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m320/fosterhere/0b74e6d4.jpg

:)

My advice in this instance, my brother, is always work left to right.

I do think you have a drinking problem, what with the beer in the shower, though. I learned in college, after a hard soccer game, that the minimal number of beers required in a shower is two. I will state that taking a cooler in there, with more than a six pack, is probably overkill. However, this is variable, depending on the number and appearance of those you have chosen to shower with.
Who am I to judge? :)

Ron Williamson
05-30-2010, 05:54 AM
I had a bad beer/shower experience yessdy.
Make sure you set the bottle high enough that splash won't get inside.
Soap ruins it.
R

TimH
05-30-2010, 11:41 AM
Whos house is that?

Joe (SoCal)
05-30-2010, 08:13 PM
Whos house is that?

A friend of mine who's a fairly well known fashion photographer.

That's his weekend house ;) Wait untill I post photos poolside ;)