PDA

View Full Version : Are you flat-footed?

Captain Blight
04-29-2010, 11:23 AM
Just continuing the recent theme of threads that ask annoying questions about potentially embarassing personal issues.

I also have the flattest feet you've ever seen in your life. It's ridiculous.

hokiefan
04-29-2010, 11:59 AM
Completely and totally. As a child the doctor told me there was nothing wrong with my feet, they were just made flat. Didn't need arch supports or anything, just use'em like regular feet.

Always wondered if they contributed to the blazing speed at which I couldn't run. But I guess thats just the way I was put together as well. Its so hard to be the star football player a kid dreams of being when you have the body of a cornerback and the speed of an offensive lineman.:eek:

Cheers,

Bobby

Phillip Allen
04-29-2010, 12:08 PM
Completely and totally. As a child the doctor told me there was nothing wrong with my feet, they were just made flat. Didn't need arch supports or anything, just use'em like regular feet.

Always wondered if they contributed to the blazing speed at which I couldn't run. But I guess thats just the way I was put together as well. Its so hard to be the star football player a kid dreams of being when you have the body of a cornerback and the speed of an offensive lineman.:eek:

Cheers,

Bobby

you could always run faster if you had PF Flyers

hokiefan
04-29-2010, 12:15 PM
you could always run faster if you had PF Flyers

Would never fall down either, would you?:D

PF Flyers, gawd we're dating ourselves...

Yeah, I had a pair, but even they couldn't help my blazing lack of speed!!!

Cheers,

Bobby

TomF
04-29-2010, 12:27 PM
My wife says that though my feet aren't flat, they're amazingly unattractive. Makes snide remarks about flippers etc.

Good thing she's got the rest of me to gaze at, and that flipperhood seems to be a recessive gene.

Phillip Allen
04-29-2010, 12:46 PM
My wife says that though my feet aren't flat, they're amazingly unattractive. Makes snide remarks about flippers etc.

Good thing she's got the rest of me to gaze at, and that flipperhood seems to be a recessive gene.

I used to call em thongs...it gets my granddaughters to giggling now

Captain Blight
04-29-2010, 01:21 PM
When I wear flipflops it just looks like I've strapped waffles to my feet.

They're getting bigger, too. I fit a size 13 these days. Weird.

paul oman
04-29-2010, 01:23 PM
fallen arches - as a little kid doctor had me spend hours picking up marbles with my toes. My left foot points outward. When attending Naval OCS my company wouldn't let me march with them. When they leaned to the left, I leaned to the right..... So, they put me in the color guard instead.

--- these days my knees are more of an issue than my feet!

Dr.Spoke
04-30-2010, 12:48 AM
Well I was born with some weird stuff in a femur, so I had to wear "special" shoes until I was 6 - to walk straight. That was OK.... But may have contributed to my occaisional flat-footedness.
When I was training for running, my feet were fine! As soon as I moved to the bike, my arches collapsed for the season. Regularly and without fail every season I trained hard for cycling, with various degrees of pain.
As the years progressed, and the knees "de-gressed" I spent less time running and more cycling: getting progressively flatter feet. Until the only way to run, was in a really good shoe with specific support.
Now all that is behind me... How flat my feet are ( and how I walk) is all up to the RA and the pain meds. Oh well, I guess swimming is my next sport.

Don Kurylko
04-30-2010, 01:22 AM
Yeah, I noticed that too after I started mountain biking. Weird!

Bobby of Tulsa
04-30-2010, 08:27 AM
No, I cant even get my foot in a pull on boot. It has to be a lace up.:(