Rob Stokes, N. Vancouver
04-23-2010, 02:27 PM
unavailable in Canada.

I really hate that...

John Smith
04-23-2010, 02:34 PM
unavailable in Canada.

I really hate that...

Daily show isn't availble, or the link doesn't work?

It's Stewat's unique way of complainging about Muslims living here sending death threats to people they believe puts Mohamad's image out, even in cartoon form.

He goes through a brief history of how he's mocked virtually every religion, and Fox news, but never gets death threats.

pefjr
04-23-2010, 02:50 PM
unavailable in Canada.

I really hate that...:D..

Rob Stokes, N. Vancouver
04-23-2010, 02:52 PM
Daily show not available - it refers me to the Comedy channel, and frankly - I don't have the energy to chase stuff like that down in order to support somone's over-protective ideas pertaining to "terms of use" etc...

Ian McColgin
04-23-2010, 02:53 PM
Mocked Fox and no death threats? Remarkable.

pefjr
04-23-2010, 02:59 PM
Intimidation! And it wasn't the sponsors, just a religious fanatical group. Does Canada also ban fanatical religious groups.... uh.... like this one......that threaten violence..... unless?

Just curious Canadian brothers, how would Canada handle this dilemma? Ban the fanaticals or ban free speech?

Rob Stokes, N. Vancouver
04-23-2010, 03:05 PM
Canada didn't ban it - the networks did, and it more than likely emanated from the "serving" network (read from the US).

They tend to stop "stuff" when network distribution agreements are tight...it happens sometimes. And it's annoying.

pefjr
04-23-2010, 03:35 PM
Canada didn't ban it - the networks did, and it more than likely emanated from the "serving" network (read from the US).

They tend to stop "stuff" when network distribution agreements are tight...it happens sometimes. And it's annoying.No, I realize Canada has not banned anything here, I was just curious how Canada, having different free speech laws, would deal with this dilemma?

Rob Stokes, N. Vancouver
04-23-2010, 03:45 PM
Oh, sorry - misunderstood.

Canada...would go and have a beer and discuss it....

BTW - it's got nothing to do with free speech - it has everything do with broadcasting rights. Our free speech laws aren't that much different than yours - at least not in principle.

paladin
04-23-2010, 05:39 PM
Perhaps the "death threats" have been misread...the fellow sending the e-mails clearly stated that he was not making a threat but others might interpret as blasphemy against Mohammad and they might make such threats.

pefjr
04-23-2010, 10:59 PM
Where are all the WBF liberals???? I thought there would be 2/3 pages by now.

BarnacleGrim
04-24-2010, 02:33 AM
Perhaps the "death threats" have been misread...the fellow sending the e-mails clearly stated that he was not making a threat but others might interpret as blasphemy against Mohammad and they might make such threats.
Relaying the death threats, in other words.