PDA

View Full Version : Birthday brag

hokiefan
04-19-2010, 11:31 AM
My son and I were driving last night to go out for his Birthday dinner as he turns 14 today. The girls were in the other car, so we got a minute to talk. I told him that I was proud of him because he is a nice boy. Quickly realized the error of my ways, and told him that he was turning into a good young man as well.

The big smile I got out of that was the best.:)

I also found it really cool that he still cares what I think about him.:D

I am certainly one of the lucky ones with regards to how the kids are growing up.

Cheers,

Bobby

bobbys
04-19-2010, 11:48 AM
Judging by your Philosophizens, Sonnets and prose and Ramblings here i spect having a good Dad has a lot to do with it.

Happy Boitday Lad!.

PS, Save little items for the future, When my boy was 11 we bought him a Commercial Fishing Lic for his Real work on my Troller, Now he is 29 he has it on his wall..

He proudly points out he has been fishing since he was 11

Captain Blight
04-19-2010, 11:56 AM

He always does, always will. Weren't you 14 once yourself? It's a tough time. Be mindful of it (it seems though you already are!).

Michael D. Storey
04-19-2010, 12:06 PM
My son and I were driving last night to go out for his Birthday dinner as he turns 14 today. The girls were in the other car, so we got a minute to talk. I told him that I was proud of him because he is a nice boy. Quickly realized the error of my ways, and told him that he was turning into a good young man as well.

The big smile I got out of that was the best.:)

I am certainly one of the lucky ones with regards to how the kids are growing up.

Cheers,

Bobby

Suggest that no parent ever forget that 'Luck' is no small player at the kid-raising table.

hokiefan
04-19-2010, 01:00 PM
He always does, always will. Weren't you 14 once yourself? It's a tough time. Be mindful of it (it seems though you already are!).

I think I was 14 once, but that was in a different life.:D I remember that age being the end of Junior High School (7-8th grades) which were two really sucky years. Starting in High School life got progressively better for many years.

Suggest that no parent ever forget that 'Luck' is no small player at the kid-raising table.

No doubt about that. I know some very good people who have gone through some really tough times with their kids. Many have come out of it OK on the other end, but it was a hard trip. A few others haven't been so lucky. Growing up can be tough, and helping someone grow up even harder.

I remember laughing with my sister about the grey hairs we gave our parents. And we were good kids! Mostly...:p

Cheers,

Bobby

John of Phoenix
04-19-2010, 01:39 PM
It's tough being a teen in this age. He's forunate to have a good role model to help him through these years.

Bruce Taylor
04-19-2010, 01:52 PM
Sounds like a great kid, Bobby!