PDA

View Full Version : Ian Oughtred's Eun Mara

pippo
01-08-2001, 03:28 AM
Happy New Year to everybody. I'd like to have more info on the beautiful Eun Mara: how much woodworking skills does it take to build? Main scantlings? And, finally, does anybody know Oughtred's address and e-mail?
Thanks!

TomRobb
01-08-2001, 07:38 AM
His address, last I heard, was:
The Piers
Findhorn
Moray, 1V36 OYF
Scotland, 01309 690807

I don't think he has email.

I've no idea why such a small place needs so many bits to identify a part of it.

The rest someone else would need to answer.

[This message has been edited by TomRobb (edited 01-08-2001).]

Wayne Williams
01-08-2001, 12:02 PM
Pippo:

Look under the grey seal thread and follow the link to Duck Flat Wooden Boats. They handle many of Ian Oughtred's plans.

Wayne

Paul
01-08-2001, 05:28 PM
Do a search of the forum under building..Paul Frederick is building this boat and has posted some very nice pictures. He also would be glad to give you his insight on building her.

DougWilde
01-09-2001, 07:33 AM
Pippo,

One also can order Iain's small boat catalog via DataBoat.com.
If you send me your mailing address off-line I'll send copies of the build articles from Water Craft.

Doug Wilde

Paul Frederiksen
01-09-2001, 12:54 PM
Pippo,

I am presently building the Eun Mara by Ian Oughtred. The boat is well designed and easy to build for someone with average or better woodworking skills. Ian Oughtred also publishes a boatbuilding manual which details the specific type of glued lapstrake plywood building which the Eun Mara is designed for. I highly recommend both. Ian is famous for producing very detailed and clearly understandable plans. I was impressed with the set I purchased.

Now the bad news. Ian is one of those esoteric throwbacks to an age gone by. He doesn't have e-mail yet and is not very easy to get ahold of. If you are interested in the progress of my boat there are several postings on this forum. Most can be found using the search function at the top of the forum page and searching for "Adagio" or Eun Mara. Also feel free to contact me directly if you have other questions at pfred@jps.net

Paul Frederiksen