PDA

View Full Version : Seeking Wooden "Victoria 18" plans

RAParker
06-06-2001, 01:46 PM
Ladies and Gentlemen:

I am new to WOODENBOAT but accomplished at woodworking and cabinet making. Iím considering building my own craft. I owned a (1992?) Victoria 18, full keel sloop which I I really enjoyed and would like to build from wood. Is there a source for this plan? Victoria Yachts went out of business I understand and ceased their fiberglass production in Sanford, Florida.

Alternatively, is there a similar sloop plan/source?

PugetSound
06-11-2001, 10:41 PM
check out the web site entitled " Victoria Yachts": (the following is cloned from that site)
Victoria Yachts bought by Victoria enthusiast!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The moulds and design rights to the Victoria Yachts range have been purchased from the Receiver by David Bartholomew, a long-standing admirer of the Victoria Yachts.

The new company, Victoria Yacht Sales Ltd. will continue to promote the entire range and will continue development of the New Victoria 31.

Victoria Yacht Sales Ltd. will operate from the established Victoria premises at Stone Pier Yard, Warsash in conjunction with Victoria Yacht Services, recently established to provide the full range of repair, refit and boatyard services to owners of all cruising yachts in the Solent area. The companies will be managed on a day to day basis by Bob Hathaway who has been with Victoria for 10 years, and will continue to develop the range in conjunction with yacht designer Chuck Paine.

The new companies will honour all existing contracts and deposits placed for new Victoria Yachts by customers who would otherwise have lost their deposits with the failure of Victoria Yachts Ltd.