PDA

View Full Version : Computer whiz-bang problems

George Jung
04-11-2010, 01:01 PM
My lil' ol' computer is acting up again. When I fired 'er up this morning, the text sizing suddenly went to presbyoptic, and the 'text size' option under edit disappeared. This is on Firefox, btw. I googled the problem up, and they note this can happen when FF updates; I hadn't noticed this had occured. No 'cures' were offered. It also repeatedly shut off my Avast! antiviral program, and I had to restart that. IE seems to work just fine, btw.

Other than getting an Apple, any (useable, workable) suggestions?

SchoonerRat
04-11-2010, 02:20 PM
On a Mac with Firefox, the key commands for text size are

Bigger - "command +"
Smaller - "command -"

On a PC I believe you just substitute control for command.

Good luck

Garret
04-11-2010, 02:25 PM
On a Mac with Firefox, the key commands for text size are

Bigger - "command +"
Smaller - "command -"

On a PC I believe you just substitute control for command.

Good luck

Yup - CRTL & + or - on a PC

George Jung
04-11-2010, 02:27 PM
Hehe... worked like a charm!

I still don't know what happened to the controls under'edit', but at least now I can see the print!

Thanks.

Garret
04-11-2010, 02:31 PM
Hehe... worked like a charm!

I still don't know what happened to the controls under'edit', but at least now I can see the print!

Thanks.

Are they smaller too? Never seen that. Don't forget the old stand-by keyboard commands:

CTRL C Copy
CTRL X Cut
CTRL V Paste

Del Delete

& the most important key combination of all:

CTRL Z Undo

George Jung
04-11-2010, 02:47 PM
Thanks, Garret - though truth be known, I've never used those controls - always the drop down menus.

Appreciate the info.

Garret
04-11-2010, 03:01 PM
Thanks, Garret - though truth be known, I've never used those controls - always the drop down menus.

Appreciate the info.

I understand. Many people do. The nice thing about them is that they work the same in 99% of PC programs - FireFox. IE, Word, Excel, you name it.

Mnemonic for them: "C" for Copy "V" for Paste as it is like an arrow pointing down (P was already taken for Print) & X 'cause it looks (vaguely) like scissors....

"Z" because it's right next to the CTRL key & therefore easy to use.

Glad you can see the forum again!