PDA

View Full Version : Women: An observation. (Listen up POOH)

David Tabor (sailordave)
04-10-2010, 04:11 PM
I have noticed something in my time of Bacheloring...

Some women have LOTS of bottles of STUFF on their vanity.
Multiple bottles of the same thing; different formulations, different manufacturers, half empty, brand new...:rolleyes: Even MORE in the cupboard!
Some women have a few bottles of STUFF on their vanity. You know, cleanser, moisturizer, hair stuff, maybe some makeup.

Some women have an entire drugstore of STUFF in their shower: Body Wash, Hair Wash, SHAMPOO, CONDITIONER, Two kinds of shaving cream, Scented Wash, etc... oh and maybe even a bar of soap.
Some women have Soap, Shampoo and shaving cream in their shower. Maybe conditioner.

Some women pack a freaking steamer trunk for one overnight.:eek:
Some women pack a small carry on for a three day trip.

Some women have knickknacks, dust collectibles and all sorts of STUFF all over the house.:(
Some women don't.

Which woman do YOU think is likely to be more at home on a boat? Camping? Travelling? Doing outside activities that actually require one to "perspire". Also known in uncouth circles as SWEATING.

I'm just saying...:D

Choose accordingly.:cool:

elf
04-10-2010, 04:52 PM
The efficient one.

peter radclyffe
04-10-2010, 04:59 PM
we tend to keep all our stuff in paint tins in the workshophttp://forum.woodenboat.com/images/icons/icon10.gif

Jim Ledger
04-10-2010, 05:20 PM
Thanks for the advice, Dave. There'll be some changes made around here, I can tell you.:D

Paul Pless
04-10-2010, 05:28 PM
Thanks for the advice, Dave. There'll be some changes made around here, I can tell you.:Dat your age maybe you should just count your blessings:p

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m320/fosterhere/Tidbit/IMG_0296-1.jpg

Paul Pless
04-10-2010, 05:33 PM
(Listen up POOH)I'm ****** :o

Tracey
04-10-2010, 05:37 PM
at your age maybe you should just count your blessings:p

Oh, Jim knows he's the lucky one ;)

StevenBauer
04-10-2010, 05:37 PM
I'm ****** :o

:D:D

Steven

John B
04-10-2010, 05:55 PM
we tend to keep all our stuff in paint tins in the workshophttp://forum.woodenboat.com/images/icons/icon10.gif
Yeah. and no duplicates!.

well cept for the ring spanners oldsocketsets screwsnailsboltswashers grandpasoldmotormower spareladder sawhorses chairs boats oil oldoil( for the fence?) drop saw old dropsaw handsaws paint varnish oars boats masts booms sails( good covers drop sheets)......... takes breath.........spare car spare motorbits spare TURBOCHARGER for PERKINS spareanchors oldanchors cute anchors rustyanchors tiller tiller found off beach oars offbeach artifacts in general found off beach.. takes breath....

George.
04-10-2010, 05:56 PM
There are exceptions, Dave, as you'll soon find out. Some women use Clinique every morning, on a canoe in the jungle... ;) :D

paladin
04-10-2010, 06:13 PM
Just don't push your luck....

Fitz
04-10-2010, 07:21 PM
We have the shower full of bottles. But she is my better half. She makes up for my faults. If she wasn't the way she is, we might spend 9 months canoe tripping across Maine and Canada.......wait a second here....:eek:

Mrleft8
04-10-2010, 07:31 PM
I have noticed something in my time of Bacheloring...

Some women have LOTS of bottles of STUFF on their vanity.

Ya s'pose there's a reason they call it that?.....:rolleyes:
First time I forced Carter to go to Tobago for 10 days she: A; Brought more clothes than she could possibly wear if she changed clothes 3 times a day.
B; Thought that she'd go stir crazy after a weekend.:rolleyes:
Now she still packs a pair of bags that cause ramp agents to gasp, but it's because they're filled with toys for children, not clothes. And she's realised that 10 days is the absolute minimum stay time when you fly a day there, and a day back.

Canoeyawl
04-10-2010, 11:56 PM
The weird thing is... I understood ******! :p

I think we all did!

ahp
04-11-2010, 01:42 PM
Sailor Dave, how did you aquire all this information about what womens keep in their vanity and shower stall?

David Tabor (sailordave)
04-11-2010, 04:23 PM
Sailor Dave, how did you aquire all this information about what womens keep in their vanity and shower stall?

Lots of PERSONAL observation! ;)

Some recent, some many years ago.
I've got a few other "nuggets" of use for us men folk but I'm keeping them to myself.

Concordia...41
04-11-2010, 05:14 PM
Just as long as there's an offset for varnish, solvents, hand tools, and power tools in the garage ;):p

- M

Hughman
04-11-2010, 05:55 PM
Just as long as there's an offset for varnish, solvents, hand tools, and power tools in the garage ;):p

- M

that all belongs in the living room...

Phillip Allen
04-11-2010, 06:03 PM
back when I was married, she didn't like me washing engine parts in the dishwasher...but she still wanted to have a car that worked

Concordia...41
04-11-2010, 06:07 PM
that all belongs in the living room...

Well, your lovely bride may keep hers in the living room. As for me, the garage... :p

John B
04-11-2010, 06:13 PM
Assembling the kids boats on our( wife's grandparents)inherited dining room table was always seen to be pushing the envelope.

Phillip Allen
04-11-2010, 06:16 PM
My ex came over a few weeks ago and decided to help me pull carpet tacks and staples out of the steps...I came in the room and she had one of my wood chisles to pry the tacks up with

now ask me about the dishwasher again...