PDA

View Full Version : Tiger Woods commercial.

goodbasil
04-09-2010, 01:44 AM
Seems no one has started a thread of this. I suppose everyone has seen the news clip of the Nike ad where the voice of his late father is giving him a talk'in to.
What did you think of it?
Sports commentator here believes Tiger was probably told to do it.
I think it sucks, creepy.
If I were in his shoes, I would have refused to do it, regardless of the Nike contract.

Bob Adams
04-09-2010, 05:54 AM
Tasteless. Once again I must say, Tiger Woods? Who cares.

Paul Pless
04-09-2010, 07:11 AM
Tasteless. i agree
Once again I must say, Tiger Woods? Who cares.you're commenting, that says something:rolleyes:

I'm with Donn the banner signs were hilarious. And the guy is playing very well. Best opening round ever for him at the Masters.

doorstop
04-09-2010, 07:44 AM
Tiger who?

TomF
04-09-2010, 08:02 AM
He's a great golf player. IMO his family struggles are his own business.

Paul Girouard
04-09-2010, 08:16 AM
Doesn't he 'make it our business' when he's involved in the making of commercials like this?

Pretty odd commerical for selling shoes, I never liked Nike's anyway , over priced and to narrow for my foot.

TomF
04-09-2010, 08:25 AM
Yeah, but I don't have to pay attention.

Tiger wants to keep his endorsement contract; Nike apparently thinks that he'll be a corporate asset only after a bit of reputation rehab. Because whatever I think about Tiger's extracurricular antics, a substantial enough proportion of Nike's potential clients think otherwise.

Pugwash
04-09-2010, 08:35 AM
Yeah, but I don't have to pay attention.

Tiger wants to keep his endorsement contract; Nike apparently thinks that he'll be a corporate asset only after a bit of reputation rehab. Because whatever I think about Tiger's extracurricular antics, a substantial enough proportion of Nike's potential clients think otherwise.

I'm pretty sure the ad would have been run through a few focus groups before it ever made it to the screen.

Apparently there are people out there that take this crap seriously.

Who knew?

Mrleft8
04-09-2010, 08:37 AM
The voice-over spoofs on the commercial are fun......The real thing is kind of dumb.

Concordia...41
04-09-2010, 07:15 PM
Nike lost my business when they stuck with him as a paid spokesperson for their brand.

Kinda hard to boycott something you already decided not to purchase ... :rolleyes:

Canoeyawl
04-09-2010, 07:32 PM
It is interesting seeing nike trying to sell him, rather than him trying to sell nike-
I could never wear that nike slash, it's pathetic.

SMARTINSEN
04-09-2010, 08:54 PM
Tiger who?
Tiger tiger, burning bright In the forests of the night,
What immortal hand or eye
Could frame thy fearful symmetry?
In what distant deeps or skies
Burnt the fire of thine eyes?
On what wings dare he aspire?
What the hand dare seize the fire?
And what shoulder and what art
Could twist the sinews of thy heart?
And when thy heart began to beat,
What dread hand and what dread feet?
What the hammer? what the chain?
In what furnace was thy brain?
What the anvil? What dread grasp
Dare its deadly terrors clasp?
When the stars threw down their spears,
And water'd heaven with their tears,
Did He smile His work to see?
Did He who made the lamb make thee?
Tiger, tiger, burning bright
In the forests of the night,
What immortal hand or eye
Dare frame thy fearful symmetry?

goodbasil
04-10-2010, 06:13 AM
http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/golf/blog/devil_ball_golf/post/Earl-Woods-words-weren-t-originally-directed-at?urn=golf,233246