PDA

View Full Version : Had to call my hunting buddy today to give him the bad news...

coelacanth2
04-03-2010, 10:56 PM
that he's gonna be stuck in the truck with me for another 36 hour trip out to Montana. Yeeha. I don't know if I'd want to live there, but it sure is a nice place to visit. will bring better camera this time, and post some real pix. Subject to further confirmation from Montana Fish and Wildlife, but according to the online, we're in.:D We saw plenty of whitetails last time, didn't bother shooting any because the ones on his farm taste better, one would presume, being corn/soybean fed and not chased by wolves and bears and lions. The locals allowed as how they would have been glad to take any off our hands, this time we'll oblige. We had seen tons of the buggers last time, many close enough to pet.

purri
04-03-2010, 11:50 PM
any speedgoats?

Stiletto
04-04-2010, 03:15 AM
If the hunting goes badly will you be looking for scapegoats?

coelacanth2
04-04-2010, 06:17 AM
I think our licenses cover that, but the area isn't noted for antelope. Not to say that , if we are elk lucky early, we might not move a bit. Also covers mule deer... and bird and upland game.

paladin
04-04-2010, 07:18 AM
Gots plenty of Bambis around home this time of the year, and some motherless ones I'm sure...lotsa doe carcasses on the road, and I've seen little critters eating away at the edge of the road and not paying attention to anyone.....