PDA

View Full Version : Donn: 33 states sue, then 32...

MiddleAgesMan
03-29-2010, 06:27 PM
...turns out the real number is 14: http://www.nytimes.com/2010/03/29/opinion/29mon1.html?ref=global-home

johnw
03-29-2010, 06:49 PM
I think the number 38 came from posts from people who hoped for that number. It's what would be required to ratify a constitutional amendment.

johnw
03-29-2010, 06:49 PM
Find the thread.

Read what I wrote.

Quote it here.

Admit to being a fool.
Talking to yourself?

oznabrag
03-29-2010, 06:53 PM
Find the thread.

Read what I wrote.

Quote it here.

Admit to being a fool.

Talking to yourself?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH OHHH My SWEET JESUS!!!!!

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA!

Oh God!

HEEHEE!!!!

johnw
03-29-2010, 07:04 PM
This should help with your to-do list, Don.

Tonight's vote in the House, while interesting to watch, is hardly the last word on this issue.

All the vote will really accomplish is to register who voted which way.

The bill, if passed, will go to the President to be signed into law, and the reconciliation will go to the Senate, to do what the Senate does so well and so slowly.

Meanwhile, 38 states have prepared, or are preparing Constitutional challenges to the bill, because they think it infringes upon state's rights. Other interests are also setting up to challenge the bill's constitutionality, and some of these challenges will undoubtedly go to the Supreme Court.

During the next 7 months or so, there will be more election-based spin applied to this subject than we've seen on almost anything else which has been spun. The November elections will be fascinating.

We'll be watching this for a long time to come.

From this thread: http://www.woodenboat.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2533378

Tom Montgomery
03-29-2010, 07:07 PM
Oops! :p

MiddleAgesMan
03-29-2010, 07:10 PM
Find the thread.

Read what I wrote.

Quote it here.

Admit to being a fool.

Oh my! I'm such a fool!

My faulty memory turned 38 into 33 and 37 into 32.

Woe is me!!!! :(

Hot Air
03-29-2010, 07:29 PM
Fourteen states are actively in the process of challenging the constitutionality of the awful bill and it has been reported that another 30 or so state legislatures are considering a challenge. So the "Meanwhile, 38 states have prepared, or are preparing Constitutional challenges" statement is pretty damn correct.

oznabrag
03-29-2010, 07:36 PM
Fourteen states are actively in the process of challenging the constitutionality of the awful bill and it has been reported that another 30 or so state legislatures are considering a challenge. So the "Meanwhile, 38 states have prepared, or are preparing Constitutional challenges" statement is pretty damn correct.

Go ahead and challenge it. If it's found to be 'unconstitutional', you're really gonna crap your pants when we 'fix it for ya'!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA Oh my!

HAH!

Tom Montgomery
03-29-2010, 07:36 PM

Doomed to fail and an absolute waste of money.

You are screwed. The health care reform bill was written as tax law... and there is absolutely ZERO question but that the Congress may impose taxes.

But no doubt this futile grandstanding will play well with you right-wingnuts.

johnw
03-29-2010, 07:40 PM
Reported by whom? Sounds like a fantasy to me.

BA.Barcolounger
03-29-2010, 07:42 PM
Originally Posted by Hot Air http://www.woodenboat.com/forum/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.woodenboat.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2542553#post2542553)

"Preparing"

"Considering"

Those words mean the EXACT SAME THING! :rolleyes:

pila
03-29-2010, 08:53 PM
The locations of the states ready to sue would be "interesting" I assume it's out there. Haven't bothered to look.....

Steve Paskey
03-29-2010, 09:04 PM

Nonsense. The words "considering" and "preparing" don't even come close to meaning the same thing.

All it takes is ONE state legislator -- just one -- to introduce a bill, and even if the bill has no chance whatsoever of passing, the legislature is still "considering" a challenge.

Cuyahoga Chuck
03-29-2010, 11:27 PM
Sorry boys, but y'all can't compete with:

"Monkey Business"
"Horsefeathers"
"Duck Soup" and
"A Night at the Opera"

Back to back to back to back.

Carry on with yourselves, while I indulge in some real comedy.

How'd you get that?
That's Mitch McConnell's agenda for the next session of the Republican Congressional Caucas!

Ian McColgin
03-29-2010, 11:40 PM
There are so many different things happening in various states that while it appears that there's only 14 or so states where the AG is up to something yet, there are in many states someone of power, AG or Gov or legislators, who wants their state in a suit and often, as in Washington, others of power who don't want it.

Glen Longino
03-30-2010, 12:25 AM
The locations of the states ready to sue would be "interesting" I assume it's out there. Haven't bothered to look.....

I saw a short list tonight but only remember Colorado.
These hollow announcements were made by state's Attorney's General.
Four governors of those states wrote letters denouncing any plans to spend state money on pointless suits.

elf
03-30-2010, 12:52 AM
It will, indeed, be interesting to see how many actually go through with it.

Preparing, or considering are not the same thing a suing or filing a suit.

No point arguing about how many until they file.