PDA

View Full Version : Gee, that CENSUS form sure was simple!

Nicholas Scheuer
03-24-2010, 04:37 PM
Interesting, though. There apparently are no more Caucasians, a group I used to belong to. New we're called "White".

However, Blacks have three choices, "Black", Afircan American", or "Negro".

I guess that fits in with the Black Academic we saw on Chicago's WTTW last evening talking about "White History". No different from all those hordes of white folks who have been entolled in Black History Courses ever since the 1950's.

She had some inteesting things to say, such as there once being a vast chasm in the USA between well-to-do "Anglo's" and poor Irish trash, who were technically "White", but actually considered to be a much lower form of humanoid.

Maybe, being Official Obama Backers in good standing, we were mailed a much simpler Census Form that did not include questions about income, number of firearms in the house, etc.

Moby Nick

johnw
03-24-2010, 04:47 PM
O No! Now the commie Nazis will know where to find you!

rbgarr
03-24-2010, 05:23 PM
I never understood the idea of 'Caucasian' in the first place.

johnw
03-24-2010, 05:38 PM
1. A person from the Caucasus Mountains.
2. Enough of them to make up a caucus.

I worked for a paper in Texas where the editor decided we should switch from 'white' to 'Caucasian.' Which makes no sense, since most Hispanics are primarily Caucasian with some Native American blood, though some are black and some entirely Native American. Caucasian is falling into disuse, so I thought it was a step backward.