X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TimH
    Be as you wish to seem.
    • Nov 2002

wetsand/buff alkyd enamel

i had intended on using Interlux Brightside on my topsides, but they were closing when I got to West Marine and wouldnt let me buy it. So out of frustration I ended up buying that new RustOleum topside paint.

After 2 coats I am not happy with the flatness. Is it possible to wet sand out and buff brush marks out of this?
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain
  • BETTY-B
    DanCooley
    • Feb 2007

Re: wetsand/buff alkyd enamel

I don't know, but I sprayed an alkyd enamel, on a bunch of new trim in a house, through an h.v.l.p. gun today for my first time. Fantastic results. I'll definitely be bringing that one to the boatyard.

Comment

• TimH
      Be as you wish to seem.
      • Nov 2002

Maybe I will spray it with Preval sprayers
      "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain

Comment

• TimH
        Be as you wish to seem.
        • Nov 2002

Acrylic enamels can be buffed. Cant find anything definative on Alkyd enamels.
        Might have to experiment.

Comment

Working...