PDA

View Full Version : Obama donates Nobel Prize

switters
03-11-2010, 06:55 PM
Following is a breakdown of Obama's donations:
- $250,000 to Fisher House, a national nonprofit organization providing accommodation for families of patients receiving medical care at military and Department of Veterans Affairs medical centers.
- $200,000 to the Clinton-Bush Haiti Fund, which was set up in the aftermath of the Haitian earthquake to help survivors.
- $125,000 to College Summit, a national nonprofit organization to increase college enrollment rates.
- $125,000 to the Posse Foundation, which awards scholarships to promising public high school students.
- $125,000 to the United Negro College Fund.
- $125,000 to the Hispanic Scholarship Fund.
_ $125,000 to the American Indian College Fund.
- $125,000 to the Appalachian Leadership and Education Foundation.
- $100,000 to AfriCare, which promotes health, food security and access to water primarily in Africa.
- $100,000 to the Central Asia Institute, which education and literacy, especially for girls, in remote regions of Pakistan and Afghanistan.

I like the first and largest one, so I won't complain about the money that went out of the US. A very difficult decision and one that both sides will find reason to dislike. I would be more interested in knowing how he chose. was it his own or by political committee, or did rahm get pick all of them? That doesn't look likely.

Captain Blight
03-11-2010, 07:15 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if he consulted with Michelle, Malia and Sasha on this stuff, too. I imagine some of the donations are from "the Obamas" rather than "The President."

stoneyreef
03-11-2010, 07:57 PM
- $125,000 to College Summit, a national nonprofit organization to increase college enrollment rates.
- $125,000 to the Posse Foundation, which awards scholarships to promising public high school students.
- $125,000 to the United Negro College Fund.
- $125,000 to the Hispanic Scholarship Fund.
_ $125,000 to the American Indian College Fund.
- $125,000 to the Appalachian Leadership and Education Foundation.
- $100,000 to the Central Asia Institute, which education and literacy, especially for girls, in remote regions of Pakistan and Afghanistan.

It is just plainly apparent that this B@stard is a bigot!

What about the white kids???? Talk about reverse discrimination!

delecta
03-11-2010, 08:01 PM
Should have donated it to us, probably pissed that much away just going to pick it up.

I factor gas when I look at something for sale X miles away, perhaps the one should do the same.

mp29k
03-11-2010, 08:04 PM

Thanks for being brave enough to say it. Reverse racism is real!

Hollingsworth
03-11-2010, 08:05 PM

You have such a well-developed sense of ironic humor! ... still chuckling.

Of course, not at the expense of all the white people around the world. I'm not that heartless.

Glen Longino
03-11-2010, 08:09 PM

:D:D
Where do these knotheads come from?
Do you live in Kirbyville, Texas? Vidor?
If there was real discrimination you would be on the other end of a leash while your owner lead you out to pee on a fire hydrant.
You dog you!:rolleyes:

Bruce Hooke
03-11-2010, 08:09 PM

Are you serious? The biggest donation of all is going to help Veteren's families. There certainly does not seem to be any racial preference there.

Just three of the donations are going to groups in the US that clearly focus on particular races.

The other three donations going to groups that work within the US are going to groups with no apparent racial orientation and one, the one going to the Appalachian Leadership and Education Foundation is going to a group that focuses on a part of the country that is fairly white.

It should be no surprise that the international groups he picked focus on non-white parts of the world...most of Europe does not really need our donations, at least not nearly as much as the places he picked.

BA.Barcolounger
03-11-2010, 08:17 PM
Originally Posted by stoneyreef http://www.woodenboat.com/forum/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.woodenboat.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2521166#post2521166)

- $125,000 to the Appalachian Leadership and Education Foundation

The backwoods of the appalchian mountains are just crawling with black folk. :rolleyes:

Steve Paskey
03-11-2010, 08:19 PM
Below is a photo of the students who are receiving fellowships from the Appalachian Leadership and Education Foundation. You'll find more information here, including bios: http://www.alefwv.com/welcome.htm#2009

http://www.alefwv.com/images/Charlie%20Bios/100_9416.jpg

Hollingsworth
03-11-2010, 08:26 PM
It is just plainly apparent that this B@stard is a bigot![/B]

You mean the Harvard-educated, Nobel-Prize winning, elected-by-US citizens "B@stard"? I'm confused, seaweed or stoneyisland or whomever you call yourself, you must certainly have accomplished much in your own life to feel qualified to refer to such a person as a "B@stard". Then again, I attribute this to your highly developed sense of ironic humor.