PDA

View Full Version : A pair of very lucky dopey drop kicks - forgot to turn!

Larks
03-07-2010, 09:22 PM
Saturday night at about 1030pm I heard a car take off loudly from the front of our house, which is the last in a cul-de-sac, I hadn't heard them drive down so looked out to see what mischief they may have been up to. I couldn't see that they'd done anything wrong - maybe just out cruising.

Next morning though we see that someone has forgotten to turn right at the other end of our street which is a "T" intersection.

It turns out that a couple from further down the road that leads onto ours, had decided to go for a drive down our street while they were both completely maggoted. They were the ones I'd seen the previous night.

The guy had floored it going back up the hill and instead of turning right, hit the bank in front of the house opposite the end, launched for 14 metres then buried himself and his girlfriend into the front wall of the house. Both (unfortunately) unhurt!!!

The neighbour had just arrived home and heard it happen, ran over to see if anyone was hurt, saw them climb out, gave them a mouthful of abuse and called the police. The girl had red wine all down her front and they reeked of alcohol, he told his girlfriend to take her stained jumper off before the police arrived and he apparently blew 4 times over the limit of .05.

I understand that the car knocked through two bedrooms and, VERY LUCKILY, the family that live there are overseas. Their parents were home though, but fortunately they live in the other end of the house.

I know who the drop kick couple are and have had dramas with them coming along the Oxenford - Mt Tamborine Rd and Wongawallan drive before, dragging each other and undercutting me (and other drivers) and trying to overtake with oncoming traffic around blind turns. A pair of complete lunatics.

Itís a bit of a shame that the house was there to stop them, just beyond it the hill drops off extremely steeply and a long way down, it sounds like they were going fast enough to have kept going over the edge if the house didn't stop them

As Duncan says, a couple of Darwin Award candidates.

The run up:

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii11/Larks_01/P3080032.jpg

The bend:

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii11/Larks_01/P3080033-1.jpg

The launch pad (repairs to the wall to keep the rain out in the background)

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii11/Larks_01/P3080034.jpg

The landing zone:

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii11/Larks_01/P3080037A.jpg

Michael D. Storey
03-07-2010, 09:24 PM
Things like that never happen in the States. Unless, of course, they are more think that they stoned they are.

coelacanth2
03-08-2010, 07:09 AM
Pretty neighborhood - nice lawn, too, except for the "lawn job". Nice euphemistic way of putting it, Michael:)

Duncan Gibbs
03-08-2010, 07:21 AM
That photo' essay has convinced me Greg: A nomination should be made!

The Bigfella
03-08-2010, 07:27 AM
Its clearly a case for suing the council. They should have anticipated that someone with a BAC >0.2% would need additional signage and signalling devices in order to avoid this inevitable result. Should be good for half a bar each.

Rich Jones
03-08-2010, 07:42 AM
Similiar thing happened here a couple of years ago. Suicice or stupid, the cops never figured out. Guy hit a berm at over 100 mph, launched over a distance of 200 feet and landed in the 2nd floor of a house. No one in house was hurt. Driver died.

jack grebe
03-08-2010, 07:49 AM
I, for one, am glad everyone is OK and I find it hard to wish "ill will"
on anyone..................regardless of how drunk they may be

Larks
03-08-2010, 07:53 AM
I, for one, am glad everyone is OK and I find it hard to wish "ill will"
on anyone..................regardless of how drunk they may be

You don't need to Jack, I'm qute happy to, these guys are going to kill someone else before they kill themselves, already once it has nearly been me.

Domesticated_Mr. Know It All
03-08-2010, 11:12 AM
Drunk driving takes lots of practice.
Probably a better idea to leave it to the professionals eh?