PDA

View Full Version : Republican forum members, are you fearful and/or desperate?

BrianW
03-04-2010, 01:20 AM
...sign up here.

seanz
03-04-2010, 03:47 AM
Oops......I may have invalidated the results.
:)

:D

stevedwyer
03-04-2010, 03:54 AM
OOPS...
I'm neither a Republican or Democrat, but I sure don't want them fearful sobs with either agenders on my boat.

seanz
03-04-2010, 04:05 AM
Those "Agenders" don't know if they are Arthur or Martha.....

James McMullen
03-04-2010, 09:45 AM
I am fearful that y'all will never get a clue, but I desperately wish you would.

Phillip Allen
03-04-2010, 09:48 AM
I am fearful that y'all will never get a clue, but I desperately wish you would.

do you don't...you wouldn't have anyone to be superior to

TimH
03-04-2010, 10:31 AM

A large percent of these people are of the "The souths gonna do it again" mentality.

http://www.bluegraymagazine.com/media/magimages/pburg%20cvr.jpg

James McMullen
03-04-2010, 10:45 AM
Dear Mr. Allen,

As long as you exist, I shall have no worries on that account.

Alas that the fix-it-up chappie, Sylvester McMonkey McBean didn't invent a "brain-on" machine to go with his "star-on" machine.

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/1455456_f520.jpg

Until then, simple reason dictates my response to you.

Sincerely,
--James
XXX OOO

BrianW
03-04-2010, 11:28 AM
Fearful or desperate of what? :confused:

Exactly. :)

High C
03-04-2010, 11:32 AM
They really do get their daily talking points, it seems. :rolleyes:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_L6pDyjqqsvY/SRIjpCcBMGI/AAAAAAAAWys/9PuzrspAbmc/s400/lemmings.JPG

S.V. Airlie
03-04-2010, 11:37 AM
wasn't sure how to respond.. The reps in both houses ( Senate and House ) are united... It's the Dems who seem to have a problem.
If I was in the house though, I would not vote on the Sen. bill with the hopes that the senate ( their buddies ) will put in the house changes. Heck, why should the Senate Dems do anything. The house passes their bill. The Sens only have to sign it and pass it to the president. The congressmen are the ones who potentially are getting screwed.
Welcome to Chicago politics.

BrianW
03-04-2010, 11:43 AM
Memphis Brother!

I always knew you were a closet Republican. ;)

S.V. Airlie
03-04-2010, 11:46 AM
Memphis Brother!

I always knew you were a closet Republican. ;)

I am registered republican but I have voted for Dems, Ind. and Reps. When I ran as a republican.

I've never been in the closet.

BrianW
03-04-2010, 11:51 AM
Sorry Jamie, I was addressing Memphis Mike. He voted in the poll.

I made sure it was the type of poll where you can see who voted for what. Also made it multiple guess, in case any Republican was too afraid or desperate to vote for just one. ;)

bobbys
03-04-2010, 11:58 AM
Im not afraid by golly.

I has my Kool aid, red ryder carbine 20 shot BB gun, A replica of the GENERAL LEE, My Bible i cling to, One Months supply of Skippy Creamy Peanut Butter, Brooks brothers suits in camo, A flame thrower made from my Tar pot torch, A leatherman with the Phillips broken off,4 copys of" Frampton comes Alive" for barter or trade if money fails,3 cans of prunes.

BrianW
03-04-2010, 12:14 PM
Im not afraid by golly.

I has my Kool aid, red ryder carbine 20 shot BB gun, A replica of the GENERAL LEE, My Bible i cling to, One Months supply of Skippy Creamy Peanut Butter...

You sir are an obvious Democrat spy.

True Republicans, when not too afraid or desperate to venture outside, know that Red Ryder BB Gun holds 650 of the meanest 'eye putting out' .177 caliber BB's to ever grace Gods green earth.

But your most glaring error, was to suggest that any real Republican would allow "creamy" peanut butter anywhere within 10 meters of their presence. Real Republicans eat "chunky" peanut butter, but only barely, as the image of Jimmy Carter makes us wanna puke. Or as a Democrat would say... "I have a bubble." :D

leikec
03-04-2010, 12:20 PM
Quote - "But your most glaring error, was to suggest that any real Republican would allow "creamy" peanut butter anywhere within 10 meters of their presence. Real Republicans eat "chunky" peanut butter, but only barely, as the image of Jimmy Carter makes us wanna puke. Or as a Democrat would say... 'I have a bubble.'"

This might have been true at one time, but now most republicans are too old and have lost too many teeth to eat chunky peanut butter...and you probably should double up on the number of prunes packed in the survival rations.

Jeff C

pefjr
03-04-2010, 12:25 PM
fearful? take a look and see for yourself:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUQv7YZxCEc&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzjyJuaG5vI

bobbys
03-04-2010, 12:26 PM
You sir are an obvious Democrat spy.

True Republicans, when not too afraid or desperate to venture outside, know that Red Ryder BB Gun holds 650 of the meanest 'eye putting out' .177 caliber BB's to ever grace Gods green earth.

But your most glaring error, was to suggest that any real Republican would allow "creamy" peanut butter anywhere within 10 meters of their presence. Real Republicans eat "chunky" peanut butter, but only barely, as the image of Jimmy Carter makes us wanna puke. Or as a Democrat would say... "I have a bubble." :D.

My flame thrower trumps creamy vs chunky:D

BrianW
03-04-2010, 12:46 PM

My flame thrower trumps creamy vs chunky:D

Well... yeah. Flame throwers a cool. But come on man!

Creamy peanut butter?

Really?

bobbys
03-04-2010, 01:19 PM
Well... yeah. Flame throwers a cool. But come on man!

Creamy peanut butter?

Really?.

Im sorry i do not have the teeth for chunky as some were kicked out in my yute.

While at the store i hide the jar under the KY jelly and whipping cream so as not to be embarrassed!

leikec
03-04-2010, 01:40 PM
Are republicans desperate?

They should be...all of the long-term numbers are against them. They are having to fight harder in every election cycle to hold the southern states. Every forward projection shows a population rise in ethnic groups that vote overwhelmingly against conservatives....

There is a reason to be desperate.

There are only so many "Scott Browns" who can be recruited in the traditionally liberal states--and even when guys like him win, it's really a hollow victory for conservatives, because moderate republicans like Brown, Snowe, and Collins have a tendency to vote against conservative principals on the big issues.

RINO's are not an endangered species in congress....

Jeff C

BrianW
03-04-2010, 01:57 PM
Are republicans desperate?

They should be...

Well Jeff...

A current poll of the WBF Republicans (:)) shows that most are not. This, despite the unwavering and constant barrage of threads which indicate we should be.

Simply crazy.

S.V. Airlie
03-04-2010, 02:01 PM
Well Jeff...

A current poll of the WBF Republicans (:)) shows that most are not. This, despite the unwavering and constant barrage of threads which indicate we should be.

Simply crazy.

Heck I'm not worried in the long run as long as we can survive the next four or five months. Obama is killing the dems in both houses. The dems are fighting among themselves. Those in the Congress are worried that if they pass the senate bill that the Dem Sen. won't change the bill through reconciliation..
Nope not worried. A big change in the fall because Obama is not listening to the people and then an election in 1012. Unless Obama makeas some changes in his behavior and attitude, the White House will be republican.

Nope not worried except for the next five or six months period. I'm just gonna have to buckle down in my bomb shelter.

TomF
03-04-2010, 02:09 PM
A big change in the fall because Obama is not listening to the people and then an election in 1012. Unless Obama makeas some changes in his behavior and attitude, the White House will be republican.

Nope not worried except for the next five or six months period. I'm just gonna have to buckle down in my bomb shelter.Err, there's a millenial typo there, Jamie. ;)

Frankly, the attitude/policies which Obama needs to change is the notion that bipartisanship is possible in the current environment. The Reps are trying hard to prevent him from actually governing, actually passing and implementing the agenda upon which he was elected. On the (correct) notion that they'll be able to then blame him for not making good on his "Change" platform.

Fine. Nobody can now argue coherently that bipartisanship wasn't offered. It's time to put his policies into place using the tools which are available, rather than the (bipartisan) tools he'd have rather used.

If indeed widespread accessibility to affordable health insurance is put into place, I defy anyone, from any party, to win an election on the idea of taking it away.

leikec
03-04-2010, 02:10 PM
:) Guys like Norman are doing you a favor!

You guys already had to hold your nose once when you voted for McCain. Are you ready for Susan Collins or Lincoln Chaffee in 2012?

I think those are the choices you will end up with--a Sarah Palin type who energizes conservatives but loses the election, or a moderate RINO candidate who makes the conservatives nervous.

I'm glad you are home safe.

Jeff C

S.V. Airlie
03-04-2010, 02:14 PM
Err, there's a millenial typo there, Jamie. ;)

Frankly, the attitude/policies which Obama needs to change is the notion that bipartisanship is possible in the current environment. The Reps are trying hard to prevent him from actually governing, actually passing and implementing the agenda upon which he was elected. On the (correct) notion that they'll be able to then blame him for not making good on his "Change" platform.

Fine. Nobody can now argue coherently that bipartisanship wasn't offered. It's time to put his policies into place using the tools which are available, rather than the (bipartisan) tools he'd have rather used.

If indeed widespread accessibility to affordable health insurance is put into place, I defy anyone, from any party, to win an election on the idea of taking it away.

Tom.. I'm not sure.. We have a 2500-2700 page bill. I don't know how many ideas were offered by the republicans or whether the dems just thought the ideas were good and let them through..
Regarding Obama's 4 measures he likes offered by the republicans last week, most mean very little.. 50 Million for grants to deal with Tort.. That is one million per state.. a drop in the bucket.. It is a crumb and would take up what one paragraph in a 2700 page bill..

I sense thatPolosi will threaten to castrate the wavering congressmen to vote yes on this bill. We will see but if passed, I am expecting to be taken to the cleaners.

TomF
03-04-2010, 02:42 PM
Tom.. I'm not sure...The millenial typo I referred to was
...and then an election in 1012. I suspect that Pelosi will work to impose party discipline on the Dems which at least approaches the firmness that the Rep caucus is imposing. Frankly, anything less would be stupid, in this political climate.

I still think that what ought to happen now is:

reinstate the rule that all filibusters must be actual filibusters;
insert an amendment re-introducing an actual, viable public option such as governments offer the world over ... available to any citizen who chooses to use it. Premium payment to come as a component of one's income tax;
pass that bill, using whatever hardball tactics are necessary;
dare any future government to take it away.
Obama will lose only if he allows the minority to make him look weak, incapable of delivering the programs he was elected to develop.

leikec
03-04-2010, 03:11 PM
Quote - "...insert an amendment re-introducing an actual, viable public option such as governments offer the world over ... available to any citizen who chooses to use it. Premium payment to come as a component of one's income tax...."

I would LOVE to see that, Tom, because I think it would be a winning issue for democrats in 2012.

Conservatives should also wish for it...because it feeds right into the current anti-Obama rhetoric--and claims that a public option would be political suicide for the democrats.

I think we should find out...and put this statement to the test:

Quote - "If indeed widespread accessibility to affordable health insurance is put into place, I defy anyone, from any party, to win an election on the idea of taking it away."

Jeff C

leikec
03-04-2010, 03:38 PM
Quote - "As someone who voted For Sarah Palin. I have to say that I'd credit the loss to a combination of:

John McCain's low level of appeal to almost anybody.
widespread public disappointment with George W. Bush.
the public blaming republicans for the crash of the housing bubble.
The media's fawning coverage of Barack Obama, and the novelty of electing our historic first Black president.

I feel that if Sarah Palin had been the republican presidential candidate, and John mcCain had been the vice presidential candidate, the republicans still would have lost, as they did in a lot of house and senate races also, but that it would have been closer than with McCain at the top of the ticket.
Honestly, Almost any republican presidential candidate would have lost to almost any democrat in 2008, because of the public sentiment at the time surging against George W. Bush and the republicans.

The public is finding out now that Barack Obama isn't the healer he was promised to be. It turns out(news flash) that the housing bubble was largely due to bad mortgage loans and people are finding out that the democrats who encouraged them are still unwilling to crack down on lax lending requirements. Although the republican party does not have a solitary face right now, at least that face is not decrepit old John McCain. People are beginning to distrust both parties equally and even hope for a third party to arise. Media credibility took a hit. All this means the ground has shifted, and the November 2010 Midterm elections will not be the cakewalk for the democrats that 2008 was, if the media is not able to swing things back to their beloved democrats before November." http://www.woodenboat.com/forum/images/buttons/quote.gif (http://www.woodenboat.com/forum/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=2512112)

I'm sure the democrats will lose seats in the midterm this November.

The real question is about the long-term future of the republican party. Both parties have factions, but the republican party has the worst of it.

I see myself as a centrist democrat...and that puts me to the right of President Obama on a number of issues, but I can live with it when voting day comes around.

Conservatives see moderate republicans and democrats as slightly different variations of the same enemy--and that is a huge difference when compared to the factions in the democratic party. It isn't going to go away, or heal with time.

And correct me if I'm wrong, but the tea-party movement is a prime example of the split in the republican party.

Never say never, but the VAST majority of tea-party voters went for McCain (or a third party candidate) in 2008. There are very few 2008 Obama voters in that movement--and those people would be equally hostile to Olympia Snowe or Barack Obama (and probably John McCain) if they agreed to appear at the tea-party convention.

The last election is history, but 2012 won't be any different for republicans with respect to the choice involved in picking a candidate; they either need to find a fresh conservative face with loads of charisma (and this would be a good time to remind people that Ronald Reagan is ineligible), or they will have to hold back the bile in their throats and nominate a moderate republican.

Or they can nominate someone who makes the tea-party movement happy--and lose big.

Jeff C

seanz
03-04-2010, 04:41 PM
Well Jeff...

Simply crazy.

Yes.
I agree.
Well said.

leikec
03-04-2010, 04:48 PM
Perhaps it was "well said", but I'm still wondering how the forum conservatives feel about the split in their party....

It's okay if you think I'm full of it (I've heard THAT many times), but tell me why I'm wrong.

Jeff C

switters
03-04-2010, 05:15 PM
nice voting bobbys, looks like it was early and often, that makes you a democrat.:D

I'm fearful that Rahmbo is going to bust into my house and take my guns, then yell "effen retard" at me until I cry.

BrianW
03-04-2010, 05:58 PM
Yes.
I agree.
Well said.

Hey!

Why you always agreeing with me, when it makes me look bad?

Don't make me come down there.

BrianW
03-04-2010, 06:03 PM
Perhaps it was "well said", but I'm still wondering how the forum conservatives feel about the split in their party....

This is suppose to be a funny thread damn it. Knock it off.

Okay. That said... I think Republicans will rally around someone between tea and elephant. Many have suggested a 3 party system would be a nice alternative. (Ralph Nader doesn't count) Who'd a thought it would be the Conservatives to provide that choice?

seanz
03-04-2010, 06:06 PM
Hey!

Why you always agreeing with me, when it makes me look bad?

Don't make me come down there.

Awww, c'mon Brian.......I can't make you do anything.

I'll put the kettle on, shall I?

seafox
03-04-2010, 06:07 PM
are their any conservatives out there?

seanz
03-04-2010, 06:19 PM
I only support capitalism because all the alternatives are worse

You know Capitalism is nearly gone? Yep, it's suffered a crisis in management.

leikec
03-04-2010, 09:14 PM
Quote - "This is suppose to be a funny thread damn it. Knock it off."

Sorry...no harm intended.

How about this; two democrats walk into a bar....

Ahh, never mind--I'll leave this one be....

Jeff C

BrianW
03-04-2010, 09:31 PM
How about this; two democrats walk into a bar....

...holding hands, and order one Shirley Temple, and 2 straws?

A horse, a priest, and a midget walk into the bar. The bartender says...

"What is this, a joke?"

leikec
03-04-2010, 09:46 PM
Quote - "A horse, a priest, and a midget walk into the bar. The bartender says...

"What is this, a joke?" http://www.woodenboat.com/forum/images/buttons/quote.gif (http://www.woodenboat.com/forum/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=2512634)

Two republicans walk into a bar. They see a guy sitting in a booth crying into his glass of beer....

"Well," one says to the other, "he looks like he saw the Nancy Pelosi Playboy spread."

"No, even worse," the man with the beer says as he wipes his eyes. "I married Ann Coulter last night."

The republicans look at each other. "So what's the problem?"

The man starts crying again. "Last night was wonderful and I left her speechless. Today I discovered she can talk."

Jeff C

SMARTINSEN
03-04-2010, 10:28 PM
http://www.woodenboat.com/forum/images/buttons/quote.gif (http://www.woodenboat.com/forum/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=2512634)

"What is this, a joke?"

The problem with practical jokes is that they often get elected.--
--Will Rogers

seafox
03-05-2010, 03:05 AM
Dang Big Woody
wish I knew your bankers

I like the one about the republican and emocrat walk down a street and see a homeless person. the republican gives him a 5$ bill a job offer and sigests he grab a shower at the local Y. the democrat is so impressed that when they see another homeless guy he reaches into the republicans pockit and hands the bum a 20$ gives him the adress of the welfare office and the goverment homeless shelter.

edited to add ;was going to add a D to emocrat but sorta like the look of it