PDA

View Full Version : CPAC Attendees to Pummel Pelosi Piņata

John of Phoenix
02-19-2010, 05:14 PM
The high-powered conservative CPAC conference sparked a controversy even before it got started in the nation's capital on Friday, with news that young conservatives at one of the weekend's parties planned to take turns smacking a Nancy Pelosi-themed piņata (http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/politics/blogs/yeas-and-nays/Swingin_-time_-Pelosi-pinata_-Reid-punching-pag-to-appear-at-Night-for-the-Right-party-84609777.html). Mary Christopher of CivicForumPAC, which is throwing the party, said the piņata would be filled with copies of congressional bills, and candy. "This is just us whacking big government down," she said.

There's supposed to be a Reid punching bag too.

Pawlenty says conservatives ought to go "all Tiger Woods wife" and take a 9 iron to the back window of government.

Nice imagary - all that whackin'. I can see the moderates pouring through the doors now. Only to be chased back out with a ball bat.

Rich Jones
02-19-2010, 05:27 PM
If these right wing nut jobs had any true guts, they'd be whacking an effigy of Obama. But, I guess they realize that would be going too far. Why they're using violence, even in jest, to speak out about their opposition to our government is a mystery to me. After yesterday's violent and murderous actions by that demented man protesting big government, you'd think that CPAC would have enough sense to tone it down. But, their ability to think rationally is clouded by their hatred for our President.

C. Ross
02-19-2010, 06:00 PM
Pawlenty says conservatives ought to go "all Tiger Woods wife" and take a 9 iron to the back window of government.

Joking about Woods' looming press conference, Pawlenty said. "I think we can learn a lot from that situation. Not from Tiger, but from his wife." "She said she'd had enough, and we've had enough," he said. "I think we should take a nine iron and smash the windows out."
Pawlenty is pretty smart and funny on his feet, no matter what else you think about him.

At his second inauguration ball, he introduced the first lady as his "red hot smokin' wife", a reference to the "Talladega Nights" movie that had just come out...

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/15/Mary_Pawlenty.jpg/225px-Mary_Pawlenty.jpg

bobbys
02-19-2010, 06:05 PM
I denounce any reference like that to NP.

I also keep asking the crowd here to stop the terrible personal attacks on SP .

But Appertain y there is a "right" to and its gleefully engaged in.

Keith Wilson
02-19-2010, 06:06 PM
Pawlenty is pretty smart and funny on his feet, no matter what else you think about him.He is that. The way he's pandering to the far right wing of the party right now makes my gorge rise. I hope it's pandering; the alternatives are worse.

John Smith
02-19-2010, 06:06 PM
Left wingers probably would never do something like that, eh?
Some might. I wouldn't. I think it's infantile.

Interesting thing about Pelosi. I've received so many emails telling me bad things about her over the past two years, and not a single one of them has withstood fact checking.

They make **** up, then rile everyone up based on the made up ****, and this is how they earn our respect?

C. Ross
02-19-2010, 06:16 PM
He is that. The way he's pandering to the far right wing of the party right now makes my gorge rise. I hope it's pandering; the alternatives are worse.

Not unlike, say, Clinton at an AFSCME convention.

Hard to tell how far off center Pawlenty will go, I'll grant you that.

John of Phoenix
02-19-2010, 06:20 PM
The way he's pandering to the far right wing of the party right now makes my gorge rise. I hope it's pandering; the alternatives are worse.But that's just it. If they start to think it is pandering they'll soon be whacking his piņata. They don't want moderates.