PDA

View Full Version : Hi

Corsaro
02-18-2010, 12:38 PM
Hi everybody,
first of all sorry for my english. My name is Carlo and I write from Italy. It's cool to be here with you to talk about our passion for wood and for wooden boat. In Italy we don't have a forum like this just like we don't have a magazine like Woodenboat. So when I saw it for the first time in a friend's hands I really had a folgoration and I told myself it was necessary to know more about. I made a subscription for the magazine and now I'm here to introduce myself and my sailboat, an old lady from 1949,that I last year in Naples abandoned under the rain. The works are still in progress but I hope next summer she will be launched in the beautiful sea of the Canale d'Otranto, between Italy and Greece, in Santa Maria di Leuca. So thank you for your attention, waiting for your help to work it out!

jack grebe
02-18-2010, 12:41 PM
Welcome:cool:

jigger
02-18-2010, 12:41 PM
Let's see some photos Corsaro!

Popeye
02-18-2010, 12:45 PM
i don't always drink beer , but when i do , i don't bother getting anyone else a beer while i'm up

stay thirsty my friend

goodbasil
02-18-2010, 12:45 PM
Welcome.
Rule #1. Learn to post pictures then post ones of your boat.
Rule #2. Don't use big words like garbage and marmalade. This includes folgoration which is bigger the either of them.
Once again, welcome, now I have to go and find my dictionary.

Glen Longino
02-18-2010, 12:48 PM
I don't think you'll find "folgoration" in your dictionary.
Maybe?

sailboy3
02-18-2010, 01:01 PM
Howdy.

Corsaro
02-18-2010, 01:04 PM
Thanks for welcome. Ok, be patient. I told you English is not my language. Folgoration is an angloitalian neologism. Trying to learn upload pictures...I see that my jpgs are always too big for the browser.

sailboy3
02-18-2010, 01:06 PM
resize, upload to a pic to a photo storing site, post picture in a link.

Ian McColgin
02-18-2010, 01:09 PM
Ahoy and welcome aboard.

Marmalade, by the way, is a wonderful word and the right name for a catboat. Folgoration sounds like the patented process name for the product of Ersatz Brothers Coffee.

G'luck

Corsaro
02-18-2010, 01:09 PM
Glen, listen: "folgoration" is to say "electric shock". And it was so easy...
Thank you sailboy:-)

bobbys
02-18-2010, 01:20 PM
Nice to meet you.

Do you Know Monica Belluci?.

Shes a spicy meataball!!:D

Phillip Allen
02-18-2010, 01:33 PM
Welcome to the Bilge...lots of bad English here and poor spelling as well :)

sailboy3
02-18-2010, 01:37 PM

:D:D:D

David G
02-18-2010, 02:12 PM
Ciao. Bella!

We all look forward to seeing fotos of your boat.

Peerie Maa
02-18-2010, 02:29 PM

Definitely not the place to come if you want to improve your English.
Mind you yours is already better than that of some here.:D

Welcome and enjoy.

goodbasil
02-18-2010, 02:44 PM
1st foloration, now angloitalian & neologism.
It's too much!

peter radclyffe
02-18-2010, 03:07 PM
hello, what sort of boat do you have,

Russ Manheimer
02-18-2010, 03:28 PM
Welcome Corsaro,

We love pics as much as new members.

Ciao!

Russ

Corsaro
02-18-2010, 03:49 PM
Thank you all guys! Jack, Jigger, Popeye, Goodbasil (and his rules), Sailboy, Glen, Philip, Mr. Ian (You look so serious), Bobbys, Peerie (tolerant), David, Peter, Russ, etc. Your really friendly.
Bobbys: if I knew Monica Bellucci I would immediately put my helm in her hands;-)...
anyway i'm getting a storing site to show you the pictures of Corsaro, a long keel sailboat sloop rigged and built in Capodistria in 1949 by Nicolò Depangher, the man who builted the two first twelwe feet dinghies in Italy at the beginning of last century. Now it's time to eat something and go to bed. Tomorrow morning I have to wake up early.
A presto!

Paul Pless
02-18-2010, 03:51 PM
Mr. Ian (You look so serious),> :D

PeterSibley
02-18-2010, 04:54 PM
Hi and welcome Carlo ...this is the Bilge , the other sections ofthe Forum are more interested in boats .This is the land of religion and politics ...Beware !:D

ccmanuals
02-18-2010, 10:46 PM
Welcome Corsaro! Word of caution thought, take nothing seriously that you read here in the bilge.

Bruce Hooke
02-18-2010, 11:08 PM
Welcome Corsaro! I look forward to see pictures of your boat!

Ian McColgin
02-18-2010, 11:12 PM
But make it a serious picture.

HehHehHeh.

That photo, by the way, is a thumbnail of a really great portrait snapped by Emily during a Moffett Cup Race, which is why the PFD. Not serious, just for the moment winning and trying to keep it that way. Something that was not to be once we hit the 6 mile weather leg, Marmalade being a fat cat racing against sloops and yawls and ketches and big schooners.

Hughman
02-18-2010, 11:14 PM
welcome! pull up a upturned mud bucket and join the congregation...*passes the bottle...

peter radclyffe
02-18-2010, 11:22 PM
Scheda tecnica

Imbarcazione a vela con motore ausiliario CORSARO

Lft m 8.70 largh max m 2.25
Costruzione in legno a fasciame su ordinate a curvatura naturale. Anno di costruzione (da libretto di navigazione, documenti originali) 1949. Costruttore Nicolo’ Depangher
Restauro 2002 con sostituzione alcune tavole fasciame, rifacimento completo dei bagli, della coperta e della tuga. Coperta in compensato marino mogano . Tuga con fianchi in mogano massello e tetto in compensato marino mogano.
Scafo e coperta con trattamento esterno in epossidica.
Pozzetto autosvuotante
Dotazioni di coperta.
Bitte ormeggio e passacavi. Punti fiocco. Osteriggio prua in cristallo e ottone cromato. Oblo’ tuga in ottone cromato. Verricelli scotta Harken in bronzo cromato. Punti scotta gennaker. Lande esterne in acc. Inox lucidato.
Albero e boma in lega leggera pitturati bianchi con Awlgrip. Tiberspar 2003. Completi di manovre fisse e correnti. Bozzellame in tufnol.
Randa in dacron, fiocco mylar con rinforzi in vetro-carbonio e gennaker, marca HOOD anno2003.
Copriranda.
Motore Yanmar 14m10 9 hp anno2002 completo di batteria avviamento, serbatoio in acc. Inox, telecomandi, filtri, ecc.
Sistemazioni interne
Prua completamente vuota, ossature a vista, predisposta per cuccette in tela ripiegabili.
Dinette con due divani contrapposti e pagliolo a doghe in mogano.
Wc. Sistemato e funzionante. Copertura w.c. Cassonetto chiusura vano motore.
Dotazioni varie:
Ancora Bruce da 12 kg con catena e cavo
Verricello salpancora elettrico 700 w (2007)
Ancorotto pieghevole con cavo e catena
N. 6 parabordi
Pompa sentina manuale
Dotazioni di sicurezza (tutte omologate secondo normativa vigente)
Autogonfiabile per 8 persone
Salvagenti individuali
Razzi, fuochi, ecc
Estintori
Radiotelefono VHF
Documentazione
Iscrizione presso la CP di Pozzuoli
Abilitazione alla nav. Entro le 20 mg. Scadenza marzo 2008
Certificato PP:TT radiotelefono

downthecreek
02-19-2010, 04:11 AM
Viva l'Italia!

Good to meet you. :)

Corsaro
02-22-2010, 04:44 AM
http://www.flickr.com/photos/47683987@N07/

Guys I'm back after my notebook death. I'm writing from my office desktop. Here is a link to Corsaro's pictures page. I'll come again with new pictures of restoration. Thanks for your kindness and please let me know your true opinion about the lady!
Ciao

Corsaro
02-22-2010, 04:47 AM
Peter you're great! Are you working for CIA or FBI?

paladin
02-22-2010, 05:22 AM
Welcome aboard Corsaro. Many of the remarks in the Bilge may be tongue in cheek, not to be taken seriously. All real boat/technical questions should be asked in the proper headings above decks......although questions here should elicit a proper answer.
Ciao, il mio amico

Paul Pless
02-22-2010, 06:51 AM
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4002/4370217454_d6279a4fdf.jpg

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4058/4370217444_cc171008d9.jpg

isla
02-22-2010, 07:06 AM
Hi Carlo, welcome to the Bilge, home to some of the scurviest knaves afloat or ashore, also several rather decent British chaps, a few antipodean dingbats (sorry dingos), and a few creatures of the night that nobody likes to talk about much. You'll love it!

Paul Pless
02-22-2010, 07:15 AM
> :eek:

paladin
02-22-2010, 10:10 AM
Very nice lines.....

chasbartlett
02-22-2010, 01:37 PM
Welcome Carlo.

Peerie Maa
02-22-2010, 01:54 PM
Hi Carlo, welcome to the Bilge, home to some of the scurviest knaves afloat or ashore, also several rather decent British chaps, a few antipodean dingbats (sorry dingos), and a few creatures of the night that nobody likes to talk about much. You'll love it!

When you think that you've translated that little lot into your native tongue, drop into the Pub and we'll buy you a drink:D.

peter radclyffe
02-22-2010, 03:47 PM
we can see your finger prints are all over her,have you joined amici el vela,anche vela aurica , i too wish there was a wooden boat forum in italy, http://www.woodenboat.com/forum/images/icons/icon7.gif

Shang
02-22-2010, 10:56 PM
Lei è un troll. Ma lei è il nostro troll. Piacevole prova, l'olandese.

Hi Carlo, welcome to the Bilge.
I would be happy to share a pint with you, or a bottle of fine Italian wine,
however I believe that you are a troll... not Italian at all.
Your Italilan-to-English does not translate correctly, and you photos could be garnered from the Internet.
Nevertheless, I smile and welcome you, even if you are actually an old friend...

Hi, Dutch, how's it going?

peter radclyffe
02-23-2010, 01:18 AM
Scheda tecnica (http://www.bcademco.it/file/schedeusato/Scheda_tecnica-K.pdf)
Costruttore Nicolo' Depangher

Hal Forsen
02-23-2010, 01:33 AM
Benvenuto Corsaro!
Hope you can get out of the bilge Amico!

Corsaro
02-23-2010, 04:06 AM
"... a few creatures of the night that nobody likes to talk about much. You'll love it!" :)

"Very nice lines.....":)

"Welcome Carlo.":)

"we can see your finger prints are all over her,have you joined amici el vela,anche vela aurica , i too wish there was a wooden boat forum in italy" :) Ti stimo fratello!

"I would be happy to share a pint with you, or a bottle of fine Italian wine,
however I believe that you are a troll... not Italian at all":rolleyes: "
Thank you my friend but believe me: Original Red Italian Wine from Salento: Primitivo, Negroamaro, Malvasia;)

Corsaro
02-23-2010, 04:14 AM
"Scheda tecnica (http://www.bcademco.it/file/schedeusato/Scheda_tecnica-K.pdf)
Costruttore Nicolo' Depangher"

Ok Peter, the picture you can see in that document is from 2002 after the first restoration made by the previous owner. And i'd have something to say about it...
But now it's my time. Hoping to do better...
In the future I'm gonna show you my little gaff rigged sailboat "Tortuga" sailing the Mediterranean!

"Benvenuto Corsaro!
Hope you can get out of the bilge Amico!" :-)

Wild Dingo
02-23-2010, 04:25 AM
Well... as one of the antipidean "dingbats" as alluded to by the sheila up there to whom I throw a friendly :p at... two :p :p in fact!! ;) but to you I say a warm gidday... If weve met before the gidday again if weve not met before I say gidday for the first but probably not the last time!! :D

And as Chuckster said "nice lines" :cool:

isla
02-23-2010, 05:15 AM
Well... as one of the antipidean "dingbats" as alluded to by the sheila up there to whom I throw a friendly :p

SHEILA :confused:

G'day Shane, a big :p back attya. OK I admit to having a girlie forum name, but I am definitely of the bloke-ish persuasion. (Read my profile)

There you go Carlo, all sorts of weird stuff going on down here, don't say I didn't warn you :D

Wild Dingo
02-23-2010, 06:36 AM
SHEILA :confused:

G'day Shane, a big :p back attya. OK I admit to having a girlie forum name, but I am definitely of the bloke-ish persuasion. (Read my profile)

There you go Carlo, all sorts of weird stuff going on down here, don't say I didn't warn you :D

:D Yep JOHN I went and had a gander at your profile after your post on my birdysday one by spinny... cracked myself up totally!!! :D its one of those things I simply see the name and associate a gender... never been THAT wrong before!! But in my defence mate I actually do have a couple of freinds of the sheila persuasion named Isla and hence my NATURAL linkage to that gender for you :p

isla
02-23-2010, 06:46 AM
:D Yep JOHN I went and had a gander at your profile after your post on my birdysday one by spinny... cracked myself up totally!!! :D its one of those things I simply see the name and associate a gender... never been THAT wrong before!! But in my defence mate I actually do have a couple of freinds of the sheila persuasion named Isla and hence my NATURAL linkage to that gender for you :p

Well, John Wayne's real name was Marion, so I shouldn't be too embarrassed :o But, hey! we better stop this two-way conversation, people will start to wonder :eek:

Larks
02-23-2010, 06:50 AM
You need to drink a few decent single malts Shane, that name would become a little more familiar.

Corsaro
02-23-2010, 09:20 AM
Very nice blog Joe! I love NY and your sailing point of view is funny and interesting.
You have a really pretty gaffboat. I'm coming back as soon as possible with "Tortuga"'s pictures:cool:
Thank you

Corsaro
02-23-2010, 09:21 AM
Very nice blog Joe! I love NY and your sailing poiunt of view is funny and interesting.
You have a really pretty gaffboat. I'm coming back as soon as possible with "Tortuga"'s pictures:cool:

George.
02-23-2010, 09:54 AM
Dutch?

Wild Dingo
02-23-2010, 01:30 PM
Dutch?

WHO CARES!!! its given me a PRIME... PRIME I say!! opportuntiy to drink some nice malt ala Greg (actually it was a hell of a lot of Vodka but who cares eh!! :p ) and make sence of John in pommylands whacketty dak sheilas forum nickname!!! :D and mate THATS bloody BRILLIANT!!! :D and priceless :D

ahem... sorry bout the slight shanghai to the left of centre but I sorta got into the national past time... carry on!! ;)

oh and Greg? mate it still cracks me up totally!!! You just gotta meet Isla to understand!!! :D