PDA

View Full Version : THE FEW ,THE PROUD, THE MARINES I miss Tom Hoffman

pefjr
02-14-2010, 05:13 PM
IN HONOR OF TOM HOFFMAN

The Aisle Seat

Two Radical Arab Terrorists boarded a flight out of London . One took a window seat and the other sat next to him in the middle seat... Just before takeoff, a U.S. Marine sat down in the aisle seat. After takeoff, the Marine kicked his shoes off, wiggled his toes and was settling in when the Arab in the window seat said, 'I need to get up and get a coke..' 'Don't get up,' said the Marine, 'I'm in the aisle seat, 'I'll get it for you.'

As soon as he left, one of the Arabs picked up the Marine's shoe and spat in it. When the Marine returned with the coke, the other Arab said, 'That looks good, I'd really like one, too.' Again, the Marine obligingly went to fetch it. While he was gone the other Arab picked up the Marines other shoe and spat in it. When the Marine returned, they all sat back and enjoyed the flight.

As the plane was landing, the Marine slipped his feet into his shoes and knew immediately what had happened. He leaned over and asked his Arab neighbors... 'Why does it have to be this way?' 'How long must this go on? This fighting between our nations? This hatred? This animosity? This spitting in shoes and pissing in cokes?'

THE FEW. THE PROUD. THE MARINES.

Captain Blight
02-14-2010, 05:57 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_RCgdGFB1QhM/SMTIXADO4yI/AAAAAAAAB7k/zSqzew8wr94/s400/208px-Gay_Marine.jpg

We want you! We want you! We want you as a new recruit!!

pefjr
02-14-2010, 05:59 PM
http://media.causes.com/576542?p_id=92681239

Look for the little girl at 2:30

Captain Blight
02-14-2010, 06:13 PM
http://media.causes.com/576542?p_id=92681239

Urg. Even Jesus thinks Creed sucks.

Captain Blight
02-14-2010, 06:14 PM
I heard the reason they put marines on navy ships is so the thailorth would have someone to dance with, and sheep are both too obvious and too scratchy.

Captain Blight
02-14-2010, 06:15 PM
You know how the different services have different names for different things? Like, in the Army a helicopter is a "chopper," in the AF it's a "Whirlybird?" Ya know what the Marines call it? "UNGH! UNGH!!"

paladin
02-14-2010, 06:19 PM
When you ask someone the time a civilian will say it's 1 p.m., and Air Force dude will say it's 1300, and the marines respond with the little hand is on the one and the big hand is on the 12......

Captain Blight
02-14-2010, 06:23 PM
USMC: Putting the 'Q' back in "stupid."

Duncan Gibbs
02-14-2010, 06:31 PM
From your keyboard Chuck, that's gotta hurt! :D

paladin
02-14-2010, 06:39 PM
actually....I get that all the time...2 sons were Marines, they tell the marine jokes and we go back and forth between those and junior birdman jokes. My favorite Uncle was a marine aviator in Burma, two other uncles in Navy during WWII, two uncles in Army with my dad....I was the first "Air Force".....cousins went into Navy, nephews into Army and my sons were Marines......it's a messed up family.

paladin
02-14-2010, 06:41 PM
Helicopters are "Mai bouy wop wop or Mai bouy giddy giddy......Brother in law was a crew chief in the Flying banana...lost a rotor control at 600 feet and it went over backwards....safdtey wire on console wasn't.

Mrleft8
02-14-2010, 07:21 PM
There's a reason sailors have 13 buttons on their fly....

paladin
02-14-2010, 07:39 PM
Cuzzin fred was a navy aviator.....I call the lousy pilots because they need nets on the runways to stop the airplanes...and ropes on boat decks. Fred was a Subic bay and we were in the O club and giving each other hell. His brother, my other cuzzin was on the Ranger when it was on Fire and being brought in and they were trying to evacuate all the aircraft. In the middle of all that I was inbound in the P-51 to Subic and landed between the arresting wires and taxiied off to the side of the runway between the jets coming in......All of us made it thru Vietnam, Bud came home, went to work for the telephone company and backed a work truck up against a fence where a power line had fallen, electrocuting him and a passenger. Six months later his younger brother fell over with a heart attack at age 34, and another cousin had the same problem 3-4 years later. Fred and I are the two left from the entire family except for my brother and sisters.

Captain Blight
02-14-2010, 08:15 PM
Otherwise known as the "USMC tablecloth?"

Bob Triggs
02-14-2010, 09:28 PM

The original 13 Colonies ?

Hal Forsen
02-15-2010, 11:18 AM
The Marine Corps emblem is a seagull sitting on a beach ball yellin'
GO NAVY !

htom
02-15-2010, 11:24 AM
:big smile: