PDA

View Full Version : Pelosi

chasbartlett
02-08-2010, 09:33 PM
The Pope and Nancy Pelosi are on a stage in front of a huge crowd.
The Pope leans towards her and says "Do you know that with one
wave of my hand I can make every person in this crowd go
wild with joy? This joy will go deep into their hearts and they'll
forever speak of this day and rejoice!"

Pelosi replied "...I seriously doubt that. With one wave of your hand?
Show me."

So the Pope slapped her. :p

Shang
02-08-2010, 09:42 PM
Enjoy your trip to Coventry.

Paul Pless
02-09-2010, 07:04 AM
> :D

ishmael
02-09-2010, 10:05 AM
She has always struck me as a self-satisfied busy body. Maybe it's the face. It's not fair to judge a person by their looks, but the nip and tuck doc who did that ought to have their license revoked. That's not nice, but she does have a perennial look and manner somewhere between a school marm and a deer caught in the headlights.

I suppose I should pay more attention to her policy initiatives, but I'm feeling jaded about politics these days. So let's pick on her looks! LOL.

jclays
02-09-2010, 11:24 AM
Nice one... Thats rich.

delecta
02-09-2010, 02:06 PM
I love it, ten threads on how dumb Sara is and not a word how stupid this idiot is.

Last time I checked she was third in the chain and has far more power then any VP but that's ok because there is a D after her name.

Bunch of hypocrites.

paladin
02-09-2010, 02:33 PM
actually....I think Pelosi may not last much longer....she's stepping on a lotta toes around Washington and bringing a lot of adverse attention to herself. It may be quiet and subtle.....but...

John of Phoenix
02-09-2010, 02:43 PM
I love it, ten threads on how dumb Sara is and not a word how stupid this idiot is. You see the trend then.

Pelosi is as powerful as anyone in government right now. Big target.

LeeG
02-09-2010, 04:10 PM
being a little like Jack I'll plead ignorance, what exactly has she done that deserves such disdain?

pefjr
02-09-2010, 04:21 PM
Pelosi took over as Speaker of the House 2007, unemployment rate was 4.6%, today 10.6%.

BA.Barcolounger
02-09-2010, 04:24 PM
Pelosi took over as Speaker of the House 2007, unemployment rate was 4.6%, today 10.6%.

SMARTINSEN
02-09-2010, 04:42 PM
She does a lot better job of running the House than Harry does in the Senate, that is for sure.

pefjr
02-09-2010, 05:02 PM
9.7That was Dec.09. With this chart you can check your state
http://www.google.com/publicdata?ds=usunemployment&met=unemployment_rate&tdim=true&dl=en&hl=en&q=unemployment+rate#

This does not look good. In spite of Norman's enthusiasm.

Paul Pless
02-09-2010, 05:03 PM
She does a lot better job of running the House than Harry does in the Senate, that is for sure.damned by faint praise

delecta
02-09-2010, 07:35 PM

Even if you believe that number you actually have the balls to mention it? :D

Tom Montgomery
02-09-2010, 07:44 PM
Boehner took over as Minority Leader of the House 2007, unemployment rate was 4.6%, today 10.6%.

There... I fixed that for ya. ;)

pefjr
02-09-2010, 07:47 PM
There... I fixed that for ya. ;)Thank you. In all fairness to Nancy, it's not as if she could do much, and we have no worry that she is going to do much anyways. :D

BA.Barcolounger
02-10-2010, 01:11 PM
Even if you believe that number you actually have the balls to mention it? :D
Do you actually believe the 4.6% number?

That skepticism knife cuts both ways. Or are one of those people who are all too happy to believe an unemployment figure that make a republican administration look good, but are automatically skeptical of a number put out by the opposition?

jerryrichter
02-10-2010, 01:19 PM

I did not know that the Speaker had control over employment!

jerryrichter
02-10-2010, 01:23 PM
I think what really gets the right wing so upset, besides the philosophical disagreements, is that Pelosi is a woman in a leadership position over men and Obama is a black in a leadership position over whites.

peter radclyffe
02-11-2010, 12:46 PM
While trying to escape through Pakistan..Osama Bin Laden found a bottle on the sand and picked it up.

Suddenly, a female genie rose from the bottle and with a smile said-
"Master, may I grant you one wish?"

Osama responded, "You ignorant, unworthy daughter-of-a-dog!
Don't you know who I am? I don't need any common woman giving me anything!"

The shocked genie said-
"Please, I must grant you a wish or I will be returned to that bottle forever."

Osama thought a moment,then grumbled about the impertinence of the woman and said- "Very well, I want to awaken with three American women in my bed in the morning..so just do it and be off with you!

The annoyed genie said, "So be it!" and disappeared.

The next morning Bin Laden woke up in bed with Lorena Bobbitt, Tonya Harding, and Nancy Pelosi at his side.
His penis was gone, his knees were broken,and he had no health insurance.

Paul Pless
02-11-2010, 12:50 PM
I think what really gets the right wing so upset, besides the philosophical disagreements, is that Pelosi is a woman in a leadership position over men and Obama is a black in a leadership position over whites.i think you might be on to something profound with this

Art Read
02-11-2010, 12:58 PM
"....i think you might be on to something profound with this..."

Yup.... That's JUST what I was thinking. :p

pefjr
02-11-2010, 12:59 PM
I did not know that the Speaker had control over employment!Well, judging from the work that has been accomplished toward creating new jobs, you may be right.

BrianY
02-11-2010, 12:59 PM

I thought it was Obama's fault that unemployment was so high....

So if it's Pelosi's fault, tell me again what we're supposed to blame Obama for?

pefjr
02-11-2010, 01:35 PM
I thought it was Obama's fault that unemployment was so high....

So if it's Pelosi's fault, tell me again what we're supposed to blame Obama for?lack of leadership, deceit, dead end war, etc.

BrianY
02-11-2010, 01:55 PM
lack of leadership, deceit, dead end war, etc.

Now I'm really confused. It sounds like you're talking about George Bush the second.....

pefjr
02-11-2010, 03:27 PM
Now I'm really confused. It sounds like you're talking about George Bush the second.....Are you dazed also? You were asking about Bush? And I thought I saw Obama's name.:D

BrianY
02-11-2010, 04:23 PM
Are you dazed also? You were asking about Bush? And I thought I saw Obama's name.:D

Dazed? No. Confused? Yes. I'm confused about who I'm supposed to blame for what....and then you come along and describe GWB's administration to a T when I thought we were talking about Pelosi being responsible for the loss of jobs, or was that Obama?

Rush and Sean and Glenn and Ann all tell me that everything is Obama's fault (or is it gay marriage that's to blame?), so it can't be Pelosi, right? But then you tell everyone it's Pelosi's fault...ignoring, of course, the fact that there a couple of hundred guys and gals in the House and Senate, along with the previous administrations who a reasonable person might believe had at least some minor role in the whole thing...but that's way too complex for the standard conservative attack.

Is this correct?

Pelosi = loss of jobs

Obama = bad economy, right? but doesn't a bad economy = loss of jobs? So Pelosi's off the hook. It's Obama's fault!

Gay marriage = the end of American Civilization as we know it. But if that's the case, then the economy's gonna suck and there won't be any more jobs, right? So the whole mess ISN'T Pelosi OR Obama's fault! It's the GAYS!

Do I have that right? Probably not. Please explain in clear simple terms just who I'm supposed to blame for what.

pefjr
02-11-2010, 04:35 PM
Do I have that right? Probably not. Please explain in clear simple terms just who I'm supposed to blame for what.

Yep, you are dazed and confused. Start over with post #1

BrianY
02-11-2010, 05:52 PM
Yep, you are dazed and confused. Start over with post #1

So it IS the GAYS' fault! Thanks for clearing that up. Your political acumen is astounding. Who knew it was all so simple?