PDA

View Full Version : William Fife designs

John Kilpatrick
10-09-2000, 02:23 PM
I am looking for information on William Fife, his designs, and if possible a list of boats built to his designs. If anyone can recommend some reading material, or if you have access to any of this information, I would really appreciate it. I am trying to trace the history of my father's boat, which was built in Scotland, and is similar to several Fife designs I have seen in various magazines. Thanks.

Ian McColgin
10-09-2000, 02:32 PM
Isn't there a glorious book on the Fife's?

rbgarr
10-09-2000, 06:51 PM
I believe a guy named Donn Costanzo has done alot of research into the Fife designs. He has been written up in WB, so query the WB research staff and they may be able to turn up a name/address/etc. He might be able to help.

Pete Dorr
10-12-2000, 12:21 PM
There is a book "William Fife" available at the WoodenBoat store.

Dell Herreid
10-23-2000, 11:22 AM
A place to start would be the coffee table book on Fife boats by Franco Pace. I do love a flush deck.

Stu Fyfe
10-25-2000, 07:41 PM
If you take a look at the new cover page for this web site, you'll see that it says there will be an article on Fairlie Restorations in the next edition of WoodenBoat Magazine. If I'm not mistaken, this is the company that is restoring many of the old Fife yachts. They are mentioned in the William Fife book by Franco Pace. My guess is this will have some of the information you're looking for. You should also checkout WB#90. It has a nice article on the Fifes of Fairlie. I try to keep tabs on the clan back in the Scotland.