PDA

View Full Version : humor; too honest statements

seafox
02-06-2010, 06:47 AM
sometimes you hear something some one says and it just has to much honesty

park ranger on reopening antelope island state park after it had been cut off by highwater and a washed out road for 10 years " its sorta sad. its been nice having it all to our selves these last few years"

( a small village of park rangers lived on the island even though it was closed to the public to keep people from visiting and maybe vandalizing the place, 27,000 acres big. now thats what i call a nice yard size)

in another case a public health offical explained why they forbid active waste treatment and only allowed the less efficent "septic systems" quote " we just don't trust people to take care of them selves"

ps I also like strange combos of charges tou some times hear on the radio like " former state majority leader kilpack was charged today with drunk driving and failure to signal"

or " woman was charged with possession of $10,000 worth of drugs with intent to distribute and driving 5 miles per hour over the speed limit"

nw_noob
02-06-2010, 11:22 PM
My favorite:

Arguing on the internet is like the special olympics, even when you win you're still retarded.

Pugwash
02-06-2010, 11:32 PM
My favorite:

Arguing on the internet is like the special olympics, even when you win you're still retarded.

First off, there's a difference between a newb and a noob, you have obviously identified yourself with the latter.

Secondly, everyone knows if there are no pictures it didn't happen, I'm going to help you out here.......

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h157/chadcore86/49.jpg

Thirdly, if that's "your favourite" then you may well have a problem....

:rolleyes:

nw_noob
02-07-2010, 12:01 AM
"A problem"

you sir are too kind, most people agree my problems are many.

Edit: Now I had to make go check urban dictionary on my own moniker... now I need a new handle... damn my poor grasp of internetese.

SchoonerRat
02-07-2010, 11:41 AM
While running a charter schooner in So Cal, I returned from a 5 day charter to Mexico for a turn around to Catalina. When I got home I found that my charter party was impatient, and hitched a ride to Avalon on one of our other boats. This resulted in a beautiful night sail with only me and my 4 crew.

To quote the Schooner Rat--

"If it wasn't for the passengers, the charter business would be a great way to make a living"

Michael D. Storey
02-07-2010, 01:08 PM
First off, there's a difference between a newb and a noob, you have obviously identified yourself with the latter.

Secondly, everyone knows if there are no pictures it didn't happen, I'm going to help you out here.......

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h157/chadcore86/49.jpg

Thirdly, if that's "your favourite" then you may well have a problem....

:rolleyes:
When I first read the internet argument thing, I did laugh. Snorted, even. But when I saw the pic, I came to feel that it is in poor, terrible taste. Coulda been Your kid.
Jusayin

nw_noob
02-07-2010, 01:39 PM
Of course it's a terrible joke... that's why it's posted on this thread... a bit too honest right?

In all seriousness, I kind of envy that kid in the pic, he's having more fun than I have in ages.

Michael D. Storey
02-07-2010, 02:09 PM
Of course it's a terrible joke... that's why it's posted on this thread... a bit too honest right?

In all seriousness, I kind of envy that kid in the pic, he's having more fun than I have in ages.
Hey, the Kid's a winner