PDA

View Full Version : Are the Saints gonna go marching in?

pefjr
02-05-2010, 01:24 PM
Odds are to Indy by 5, points 56 1/2

I'll take the 5 and go with the Saints.

Hokiefan?

bamamick
02-05-2010, 01:44 PM
Well, all I can say is that I think they will win. I understand the man-love for Peyton and all that (even though I can't stand the sumbitch for the years that he whacked us while at Tinnercee) but these are OUR Saints. Peyton is going to get a big can of gris-gris opened up on his butt.

Honestly, I can't think of any place in this country where a team winning a championship would mean more. Maybe Detroit, but they have won some hockey titles and a basketball championship or two within memory. They had 85,000 people watch Bobby Hebert and some of his buddies walk down Poydras Street (pronounced pi-dras) in a dress last weekend in homage to long-time Siants broadcaster Buddy Dilaberto (I have no idea how to spell that. For 30 years he was just 'Buddy D' on the radio in Mobile). New Orleans and a lot of the northern Gulf Coast BLEEDS black and gold, and 43 years of watching other teams play in this game has got these folks primed up. Imagine what's gonna happen when they WIN this game.

I'll put it to you like this: four guys from my office took vacation on Monday to go to New Orleans Sunday to watch the game with friends, family, and other Saints fans. They all have ties of blood to the city, and it just seemed right that they had to be there for the game, win or lose.

Mickey Lake

switters
02-05-2010, 02:48 PM
Saints

High C
02-05-2010, 02:57 PM
....They had 85,000 people watch Bobby Hebert and some of his buddies walk down Poydras Street (pronounced pi-dras) in a dress last weekend in homage to long-time Siants broadcaster Buddy Dilaberto (I have no idea how to spell that. For 30 years he was just 'Buddy D' on the radio...

:D I was at that parade, and there must've been thousands of men in dresses parading with Bobby, and not the usual ones, either. :D

Here's a couple of Bobby that I took. He's not a bad looking broad! :D

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_s96z2AsLjxM/S2x3Jc-EbyI/AAAAAAAABfA/J04ja_HQUP8/DSC_2049.JPG

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_s96z2AsLjxM/S2x3BoqoBnI/AAAAAAAABe8/GP7jSxhIoh0/DSC_2036.JPG

High C
02-05-2010, 03:07 PM
...a few more

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_s96z2AsLjxM/S2x4dz-wxcI/AAAAAAAABfg/a67QXOJR1uM/DSC_2127.JPG

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_s96z2AsLjxM/S2x4nWcsd_I/AAAAAAAABfk/VrbpfRwybMk/DSC_2121.JPG

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_s96z2AsLjxM/S2x4sz9PpNI/AAAAAAAABfo/JbIcwjgwthc/DSC_2107.JPG

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_s96z2AsLjxM/S2x44kDYtuI/AAAAAAAABfs/8rMM0XwsCHE/DSC_1992.JPG

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_s96z2AsLjxM/S2x5YQBF9hI/AAAAAAAABf4/9xQD3NUmBXE/DSC_1950.JPG

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_s96z2AsLjxM/S2x5ll_N_hI/AAAAAAAABf8/HhonclLvnno/DSC_2091.JPG

SMARTINSEN
02-05-2010, 03:31 PM
I am not a real big football fan, but I would like to see the Saints win simply rooting for the underdog.

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_s96z2AsLjxM/S2x5YQBF9hI/AAAAAAAABf4/9xQD3NUmBXE/DSC_1950.JPG

Elvis is rooting for the Saints, too.

Paul Pless
02-05-2010, 03:33 PM
Elvis is rooting for the Saints, too.That's not Elvis, that's High-C.

Paul Pless
02-05-2010, 03:34 PM
Mickey, I'll be pulling pretty hard for your Saints too.

Peter Malcolm Jardine
02-05-2010, 03:34 PM
The colts, and they're likely to stomp the saints.

High C
02-05-2010, 03:35 PM
That's not Elvis, that's High-C.

Thank ya, thank ya very much.

bamamick
02-06-2010, 10:18 AM
Who dat, guys!

Mickey Lake

Thad
02-06-2010, 10:29 AM
Maybe it's a New England thing to want the Saints to beat the Colts and raise the old city's spirits, get the life back in the old place, but when I see what Manning and his receivers do time and again I think of Unitas and his receivers, working and working, making play after play, receivers finding openings and the passes finding them, impressive. Whatever.

pefjr
02-06-2010, 10:53 AM
Maybe it's a New England thing to want the Saints to beat the Colts and raise the old city's spirits, get the life back in the old place, but when I see what Manning and his receivers do time and again I think of Unitas and his receivers, working and working, making play after play, receivers finding openings and the passes finding them, impressive. Whatever.Until Unitas met Joe

I'm curious as to Orca's pick?

High C
02-06-2010, 11:40 AM
Maybe it's a New England thing to want the Saints to beat the Colts and raise the old city's spirits, get the life back in the old place, but when I see what Manning and his receivers do time and again I think of Unitas and his receivers, working and working, making play after play, receivers finding openings and the passes finding them, impressive. Whatever.

Have you watched any Saints game this year?

Compared to Archie's boy ;)
Brees has a higher completion percentage.
Brees has more touchdowns.
Brees has fewer interceptions.
Brees has more rushing touchdowns.
Brees has a much higher overall quarterback rating, highest in the NFL
Brees has been sacked twice as many times. :eek:

It's gonna be a heck of a game. Go Saints!

Paul Pless
02-06-2010, 11:54 AM
Have you watched any Saints game this year?

Compared to Archie's boy ;)
Brees has a higher completion percentage.
Brees has more touchdowns.
Brees has fewer interceptions.
Brees has more rushing touchdowns.
Brees has a much higher overall quarterback rating, highest in the NFL
Brees has been sacked twice as many times. :eek:

It's gonna be a heck of a game. Go Saints!Heard a good interview and breakown of the two teams with Brian Billick. He went on and on about the two hi-powered offenses and these two great quarterbacks... and then predicted the final score to be '6-3'. :D

High C
02-06-2010, 01:10 PM
6-3. Lol!!!

High C
02-06-2010, 01:14 PM
Some fun who dat stuff

http://www.teamglorybound.com/

cs
02-06-2010, 01:45 PM
I rolled into New Orleans as the parade was winding down and there was still a few running around in dresses. It was a sight to see.

Who Dat fever has gripped the town of New Orleans. After spending 4+ days there I caught a good glimpse of it.

Chad

Paul Pless
02-06-2010, 02:19 PM
Who Dat fever has gripped the town of New Orleans. After spending 4+ days there I caught a good glimpse of it.

Chadmusta been hard on an old falcons fan

John Smith
02-06-2010, 05:51 PM
This game is going to depend on which defense does a better job.

Or who gets hurt.

I was just telling my 11 year old grandson about Archie Manning playing for the Saints. He had a much simpler game plan to think about than either Peyton or Eli.

Back then, they'd snap Archie the ball, and Archie would run for his life.

I believe that had they wanted to, the Colts would have had an undefeated season, which I translate into consistancy.

I just hope it's as good a game as it looks to be.

hokiefan
02-06-2010, 06:46 PM
I'm rooting for the Saints. Always have rooted for the underdog. Besides that, the only Hokie in the game plays for the Saints. Pierson Prioleau, backup strong safety and special teams player. Met him last year watching the Virginia Tech/Maryland game when he was playing for the Jags. Super nice guy. Was really fun watching a game with someone who really knows the game.

Cheers,

Bobby

High C
02-06-2010, 08:53 PM
Go Chase Daniel!!!

:D

He's been perfect so far this season! ;)

bamamick
02-06-2010, 09:01 PM
You know, before the collapse of the USFL you probably couldn't have found a more dismal franchise in all of professional sports. Since the Jim Mora days and the influx of USFLers like Bobby Hebert and Chuck Kommiski and the like the Saints have really had some respectable years. I mean, they were in the NFC title game three years ago before losing to da Bears. But to actually make the Super Bowl. Wow. I am not sure that I ever thought they would really make the Super Bowl.

About tomorrow's game, I hear a lot of Saints fans say that Reggie is the key, but I don't think so. I think it is Drew all the way. It is his time. The guy has been one of the very best in the game for nine years and seldom gets his due. He set the record for percentage completion this year, and last year came about 50 yards from setting the yards in a season record help by Dan Marino, yet he is always an afterthought when comparing qb's. Brees is a GREAT freakin' qb, folks. Hopefully you'll see that tomorrow.

Mickey Lake

pefjr
02-06-2010, 09:43 PM
There might be close to a 100 pts scored tomorrow. The over/under points are 56.5. You wanta bet the house on the over?

pefjr
02-07-2010, 05:13 PM
Super Bowl Stock Market indicator:

Indy win=7% gain
Saints win=15 % gain

rbgarr
02-07-2010, 10:09 PM
Sometimes when the Colts are on a drive I mute the sound... and they do poorly. It worked tonight also.

I am the great and all-powerful Oz. :D

High C
02-07-2010, 10:13 PM
Thanks, RB...well done! :D:D:D:D:D:D

jclays
02-07-2010, 11:03 PM
Go Bears....

purri
02-07-2010, 11:08 PM
Saints did it.

pefjr
02-07-2010, 11:09 PM
pefr-

No one did yesterday ... and no one would today (before the game ... )

56.5 was WAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY high, considering it was the Superbowl!

:)Turns out you are right, ain't hindsight great?

I thought it could be 50-45. An easy over.

Vince Brennan
02-07-2010, 11:41 PM
WHO DAT????:confused::confused:

YOWSAH!!:D:D:D;)

Well, for my money, it was the antithesis of the normal Superbowl game.... this one was INTERESTING to watch... had a couple of questionable calls, som out-STAND-ing defense plays on both sides and, in the end, an upset victory.

What more could you want?

(Well) To be truthful, the commercials this year were less-than-fascinating. The Budweiser commercial didn't even come close to the horses kicking a field goal version or the stallion knocking a tree full of snow on the colts.... those were great. This year was bland with the exception of the young lady in the tub who sent her picture out.... THAT was funny.

BUT: it was a good game and I thought the Colts played excellently.... the calls and the chances were against them.

One other thought... I think there were, what.... seven whole penalties in the game, and three of those were "delay-of-game" due to poor time management. A good, clean game for the most part.

(Don't forget... I'm used to the Eagles.... if we don't lose at LEAST 115 yds per game due to stupid rookie penalties, then it must be a practise session, not a real game...)

Next year for Brady???

Thad
02-08-2010, 08:37 AM
Let the good times roll. They did. I didn't see any calls making the difference. The Colts pressured Brees in the first quarter and that was it. The Saints kept up the pressure and Manning threw it away in the end (interception). Both sides were able to move the ball and score, but New Orleans more. Good game for a football game.

Popeye
02-08-2010, 08:51 AM
congrats new awl lens