PDA

View Full Version : Any experience with lemon law arbitration?

Ted Hoppe
02-05-2010, 12:08 PM
I am going to abritration with Ford due to a series of problems starting at around 17.5 k with replaced transmissions with continual fluid leaks, bad differentials, noisy joints and heavy fumes and smoke filling the into the cabin. The car has been in the shop in excess of 50 plus days since the first problem over the last year. Of course the dealer has been unhelpful and not forthcoming.

What can I expect and do you have any recommendations in presenting my case as this Late Ford 2007 may be quite dangerous and proven unreliable and frankly my wife won't drive with kids...
Also I have requested either my money back or a new one from Ford.

Thanks!

The Bigfella
02-05-2010, 07:09 PM
Brad may be able to give you some good advice here.... as long as your Ford is made in Japan.

One thing I've learnt over the years is that if you strike a problem with a company... and it doesn't get sorted the way it should.... take it to the very top. The CEO / Chairman.

I've done that with a Japanese industrial firm, a major media company, an insurance company and with one of the world's largest oil firms. I got immediate action in all cases - and all were resolved to my full satisfaction - and in the case of the oil company it was big dollars. You have to get a bit inventive to discover how to get to these people.... and spend a bit of time putting together your case - but a one page fax is about all it takes.

What you want is for an enquiry to come back down the chain of command in the company.... from about half a dozen levels up. They crap themselves and fold immediately.